Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-08-2016, 07:31 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Sad that a 48 year old man, ex footballer or any man should die like that. A good winger in his time

RIP Dalian
Old 19-08-2016, 07:46 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Am wondering if tasering alone wwouldnt have been the problem. If he was beaten up while helpless as well that would be disgraceful Tasering is meant to be the non lethal alternative to guns.
Old 18-10-2018, 03:12 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
His death has been referred to the CPS so they can consider whether criminal charges should be raised against two police officers.
Old 18-10-2018, 04:59 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Yes just saw that:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Reading an interview with ex team mate Jason Dozzell, and reading between the lines, seems like he may have suffered quite badly with depression.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 07-11-2019, 11:32 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Police officer has just been charged with his murder.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:27 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Blimey
Old 07-11-2019, 12:51 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Tragic case. I hope justice is served. I note the family's comments about length of time passed so far.

I was about to dismiss them in my mind as the totally understandable comments of a grieving and aggrieved family, but then I thought if a Police officer had been killed by a man outside his house and the culprit was known would it take three years to go to prosecution?
Old 07-11-2019, 06:57 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't know a hell of a lot about what actually happened but I would be very surprised if a murder charge would stick. Have the public been informed about what was the actual cause of death? If it was just the shock of the taser then the cop will probably get off. Obviously the prosecution know a lot more than Joe Public has been told otherwise they would have gone for unintentional Manslaughter and have a much better chance of conviction.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:03 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
By all accounts he had a dodgy heart.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:36 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Police officer has just been charged with his murder.

How on earth can they charge him with murder?

I can understand manslaughter, but are they really suggesting he deliberately set out to kill him?
Old 08-11-2019, 07:34 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
How on earth can they charge him with murder?

I can understand manslaughter, but are they really suggesting he deliberately set out to kill him?
My thoughts. God knows what he was saying or how he was using the tazer in order for the CPS to agree to murder charger. Must be a lot we havent heard.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:43 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I wonder if the copper was told DA had a dodgy ticker but used it anyway?
Old 08-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I wonder if the copper was told DA had a dodgy ticker but used it anyway?
I asked this question in the office yesterday. That would have to have come from the Police's side, searching medical records etc (is that likely?), as anyone shouting "he has a dodgy heart don't taser him" could just say that, and if that comes out, could be a go to 'get out' for loads of people.

From what has come out, and there is clearly loads more that can't have, it does seem a strange charge.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:07 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
"he has a dodgy heart don't taser him" could just say that, and if that comes out, could be a go to 'get out' for loads of people.
Very possible.

Other than that, he was threatening to kill his dad, whom he had told that he had already killed his brother and sister. He had blood over him, but this was his own, as he had pulled a tube out of his shoulder.

A very unenviable situation for any police officer, one of the two charged was female as well. Lots of questions being asked by officers, I reckon today.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:16 PM

Kinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The alternative charge put forward was of unlawful action manslaughter. This would suggest,in my opinion, that the Taser was used at a time when there was no reason to do so. The murder charge seems ridiculous. All this really highlights is the unreasonable time it takes to investigate police officers and staff especially when the majority of complaints are nonsense.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:52 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
I asked this question in the office yesterday. That would have to have come from the Police's side, searching medical records etc (is that likely?), as anyone shouting "he has a dodgy heart don't taser him" could just say that, and if that comes out, could be a go to 'get out' for loads of people.

From what has come out, and there is clearly loads more that can't have, it does seem a strange charge.

I heard he was beating up a family member, so guessing his family were still there... surely they would have told police he had dodgy ticker?
I’m guessing loads would use that excuse though... I wonder if the copper had heard it loadsa of times and this time it was true?
Old 08-11-2019, 01:06 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Very possible.

Other than that, he was threatening to kill his dad, whom he had told that he had already killed his brother and sister. He had blood over him, but this was his own, as he had pulled a tube out of his shoulder.

A very unenviable situation for any police officer, one of the two charged was female as well. Lots of questions being asked by officers, I reckon today.

Female confronted with a aggressive violent male... I can see why she went for the taser. I wonder what ramifications this will have within the police if the copper gets time ?
Old 08-11-2019, 02:11 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
When was the last time a police officer was sentenced for the murder of a member of the public?
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 09-11-2019, 07:43 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I was at a meeting in Birmingham yesterday, along with a couple of Villa fans who I know pretty well. I asked them if they had any sort of inside track on this story.

The sad background is that Dalian had fallen on hard times, drifting through a succession of short term low level jobs including a stint in a shoe repairs shop, thought to have a drugs problem, serious health issues both physical and mental. He had been involved in a long-running bitter dispute with members of his family about money.

From what people know it seems the murder charge stems from four factors. First, when police arrived on the scene Atkinson fairly quickly moved from being a potential threat to behaving in a docile and co-operative fashion, therefore the police should have de-escalated their response accordingly but failed to do so. Second, it is alleged that he was tasered several times including after he had initially been incapacitated. Third, it is alleged that the police officer in question also used excessive physical force while Atkinson was lying on the ground ('putting the boot in' in old parlance). Fourth and perhaps most crucially, it seems Atkinson was well known to the police officers on the scene who were aware of his wider health issues, and it is alleged that there was some 'history' there which might have triggered a more aggressive police response than would normally have been the case. So the allegation is that the police officer recklessly pursued an aggressive arrest strategy when the circumstances didn't warrant it, in the full knowledge that doing so might cause threat to life.

I stress that this is only what I was told by people who live in the city.