Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 23-03-2005, 10:22 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Boo-f*cking-hoo.

Newsflash for Mr Gill but the 2nd round of the Champions League is already seeded. If they hadn't been so arrogant and disrespectful to have played a virtual reserve team against Fenerbahce in their last group match then they'd have won their group and wouldn't have had to play Milan. Admitedly, the alternative was Barcelona which is hardly easy but Chelsea managed to put 5 past them over 2 legs so they'd certainly have been a lot easier than the fixture United ended up with.

So what the hell would this proposed "seeding" be based on ? The club's record over the past 10 years, taking into account matches in which none of the players involved are still at the club ?. Or are they saying (as it sounds) that more weight should be given to the club's performances the previous season or 2 than to how they performed in the previous 2 months against the other teams in the same sodding competition !!!????

How they expect to be taken seriously is beyond me. If you lose, you're out. Have we really come to the point whereby if you're rich enough, that that principle should no longer apply ? Clearly that's exactly what they're saying and if they get their way, then the game has died ... (at least it'll die a degree more than it died several years ago after the advent of The Premiership, Champions League, £100K-a-week salaries, billionaire benefactors and all the rest started eating away at the very soul of this once-great game).
Old 23-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Man Utd just are VERY bad losers! Why can't they just accept that all teams in the Champions League should be allowed to reach the last 8 not just the richest! I would love to see Man Utd, Barca, Real Madrid and Milan in one Group in the first stage it would make the Groups worth watching!
Old 23-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by anti-addick
Are you a Palace fan? That's glory club talk.

was that meant for me?
Old 23-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ElwissAtMemphis
Boo-f*cking-hoo.

Newsflash for Mr Gill but the 2nd round of the Champions League is already seeded. If they hadn't been so arrogant and disrespectful to have played a virtual reserve team against Fenerbahce in their last group match then they'd have won their group and wouldn't have had to play Milan. Admitedly, the alternative was Barcelona which is hardly easy but Chelsea managed to put 5 past them over 2 legs so they'd certainly have been a lot easier than the fixture United ended up with.

So what the hell would this proposed "seeding" be based on ? The club's record over the past 10 years, taking into account matches in which none of the players involved are still at the club ?. Or are they saying (as it sounds) that more weight should be given to the club's performances the previous season or 2 than to how they performed in the previous 2 months against the other teams in the same sodding competition !!!????

How they expect to be taken seriously is beyond me. If you lose, you're out. Have we really come to the point whereby if you're rich enough, that that principle should no longer apply ? Clearly that's exactly what they're saying and if they get their way, then the game has died ... (at least it'll die a degree more than it died several years ago after the advent of The Premiership, Champions League, £100K-a-week salaries, billionaire benefactors and all the rest started eating away at the very soul of this once-great game).
Now that is a fantastic rant!!

Seriously, I agree with every word of that. Spot on.
Old 24-03-2005, 01:49 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Absolution
I would love to see Man Utd, Barca, Real Madrid and Milan in one Group in the first stage it would make the Groups worth watching!
I'd also like to see only 8 seeded teams (maybe the 4 semi finalists from the year before plus the league winners from the 4 strongest domestic leagues) then all the other teams put into a pot and radomly drawn out. non of this cr*p about keeping clubs from the same country apart.
Old 24-03-2005, 02:20 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by chelmsfordeagle
I'd also like to see only 8 seeded teams (maybe the 4 semi finalists from the year before plus the league winners from the 4 strongest domestic leagues) then all the other teams put into a pot and radomly drawn out. non of this cr*p about keeping clubs from the same country apart.
Fair enough. Wouldn't put Man United anywhere close. Chelsea certainly top four seed, even Liverpool perhaps. But then if they finish fifth and don't win the Champions League than they cannot qualify, so that would scupper that plan a little - possible enough for Man United to start squeeling.
Old 24-03-2005, 11:19 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Man Utd make request for seedlings

I ignored this thread yesterday because the state of the Old Trafford pitch didn't interest me
Old 24-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by sydney eagle
was that meant for me?
No, chelmsford above you - you nicked in before I finished typing
Old 24-03-2005, 11:36 AM

DrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happy
There should be no seedings in the European Cup (forget Champions League) whatsoever, and no group stages. Champions of every country should all go into the hat, with the holders.
If Man Utd or Real Madrid should meet each other in the 1st round then tough. If either of them get knocked out in the first round by Bongo Grozny or whoever, then so be it.
Harsh but fair.
Old 24-03-2005, 11:44 AM

Joeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Man U r just a bunch of arrogant t*ssers. There power in the game is diminishing and so they r trying to stay on top for as long as possible until they sail into european obscurity.

A team with P.Neville, Fortune, Carroll, Brown and fletcher should be banned from getting to the Champ League QF's anyway.

Winner of the inaugural BBS Ashes Competition
Old 24-03-2005, 03:09 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Uefa dismisses Man Utd proposal

Uefa has rejected Manchester United's call to change the format of the Champions League to help higher-profile clubs reach the last eight.
United want a seeding system instead of the random draw which currently takes place after the first group stage.

Uefa director of communications William Gaillard said: "These plans would turn the competition into a bit of a joke.

"Are United saying they want a static competition where the same clubs reach the latter stages every season?"

He added: "If that's the case, supporters and television companies would lose interest straightaway because the competition would become boring.

If Man Utd had won their group then they would not have been drawn against AC Milan
Uefa spokesman William Gaillard

"The reason why the Champions League is so lucrative to clubs is because the competition is so exciting and full of surprises."

United were eliminated from the Champions League after losing to AC Milan in the first knockout phase this season with Real Madrid, Barcelona and holders Porto also going out at the same stage.

United chief executive David Gill suggested: "At the moment we effectively have a random draw after the group stage.

"Maybe we should use a system where the holders are rated number one and they play the 16th ranked team, number two versus 15, and so on."

But Gaillard responded: "Introducing seeding that would keep clubs apart would make it boring and result in totally meaningless fixtures during the group stages.

"If Manchester United had won their group then they would not have been drawn against AC Milan in the knockout stage. Maybe they should consider that.

"Anyway I'm not sure that United would have beaten PSV Eindhoven, for instance, to reach the last eight."

Story from BBC SPORT:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-03-2005, 03:16 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
••••••• hate utd and their stupid ideas
Old 24-03-2005, 03:17 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
cracking comment from UEFA guy:

"If Manchester United had won their group then they would not have been drawn against AC Milan in the knockout stage. Maybe they should consider that."

sums it all up
Old 24-03-2005, 03:18 PM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Excellent news. This whole affair just highlights the arrogance of Manchester United. Perhaps they could get a seeding system introduced in the FA cup instead.
Old 24-03-2005, 03:22 PM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
United chief executive David Gill suggested: "At the moment we effectively have a random draw after the group stage

Bloody disgarce Manchester united having to play a decent team in a cup competitoin. Perhaps in future they can pick who they play in each round.

(Also where would finishing 3rd in the premier league leave you in the seedings. Not too high methinks. Tossers)
Old 24-03-2005, 03:44 PM

giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyStreet

"Anyway I'm not sure that United would have beaten PSV Eindhoven, for instance, to reach the last eight."

Story from BBC SPORT:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Ouch!!
Old 24-03-2005, 03:50 PM
BBS addict

LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by ElwissAtMemphis
Boo-f*cking-hoo.

If they'd won their group they'd of got Werder Bremen who were trounced by Lyon. It was their own fault, only an idiot would want to meet Milan as they were always going to be seriously dangerous opponents.

Spike Milligan
Old 24-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What next ?

Maybe they would like a bye to the League cup final, home ties against lower league teams in the FA Cup and all league opponents to field a maximum of 8 players against them ?

The arrogance is astounding. Bring on Glasier.

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.
Old 24-03-2005, 04:09 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyStreet

Uefa director of communications William Gaillard said: "These plans would turn the competition into a bit of a joke.

"Are United saying they want a static competition where the same clubs reach the latter stages every season?"
Now they're getting it. Yes, that's exactly what they would like. It's called a European League.

The sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 24-03-2005, 07:34 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Not sure it isnt a joke already but at least this is a sign of intelligent life at UEFA. I was having my doubts