Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Trolley
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]
•••• off.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by Trolley
•••• off.
Most odd.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 AM
On the Tory right !

Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by James
•••• off.
Clearly 'James' deserves "Six of the best" for such a lamentable contribution to the debate.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:51 AM

Duleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly SailorDuleep comes from Venezuela and drinks in the Jolly Sailor
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Aitchison
I went there from 78 until 83, with at least 3 other bbsers. Given that you have to go to school somewhere, I quite enjoyed it.

Talking of old boys, it was said when I was there that Harry Roberts (of he kills coppers fame) was an old boy. Does anyone know if this is true?
I think it's true. We found a reference to it in a book about murderers and asked the school historian (Brother Sean?) who fessed up.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:58 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Trolley seems to know an awful lot about the school from the same period that James was there.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:04 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Chocky
Jonathon Evans shoved my pants down the toilet in the swimming pool changing rooms.
I remember Jon! Can't quite picture him doing that though.....

Probably the best footballer at the school when I was there was Barry Stone, whose dad used to help run a Cub Scouts football team at Streatham United Reformed Church - I think Jonathon was in the team too - we had a great first year (I was the keeper) and then most of the team formed a new Sunday League side called Streatham Orient - it went down hill (if you'll pardon the pun - we used to train at the bottom of Streatham Common!) for me - not alot of call for 5ft 5in tall keepers!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Andrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Posted by CP Satellite

"Of course, back then, nearly every day there was news of another bombing or shooting in Northern Ireland - which was very strange, because a lot of us were from 'English' backgrounds, with our own special 'bigotry' that had been handed down from our 'elders' so we used to take the piss out of the Irish - even though we were Catholics too!"

I remember during the IRA hunger strikes the school got a couple of bomb threats from the NF and we all ended up on the playing field for half an hour.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Trolley seems to know an awful lot about the school from the same period that James was there.
They were best chums?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 06-11-2007, 11:08 AM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Jonathon Evans shoved my pants down the toilet in the swimming pool changing rooms.
Quote:
Posted by Trolley, two minutes later
Eh?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:12 AM

ammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for you
I played for Old Josephians and made it to the dizzy heights of the 1st Xl briefly in the mid 80s.

My 2 boys currently go there.

The eldest is not particularly happy there, but there seems to be a lack of alternatives at this stage (me and his mum aren't married enough, or have enough church miles to get them into John Fisher, and I'm not convinced about Thomas More).

He has a year head at the moment who is a complete tosser - he was also his year head last year.

Partly due to him being Asbergers Syndrome, he is not particularly street wise and has got caught up in an ambush situation on a few occasions that other kids manage to avoid.

This has resulted in him having injuries to both shoulders and having to attend many sessions of physiotherapy last year to help rectify.

Whilst I have a lot of respect for Mr Connolly, the headmaster, I refuse to deal with his less than useless year head (Mr Parker), to the point that, if he is assaulted one more time I will get the police involved.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:17 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Aitchison

I remember during the IRA hunger strikes the school got a couple of bomb threats from the NF and we all ended up on the playing field for half an hour. [/B]
Oh! That's what that was all about! I think we were that young and silly that we might have actually cheered if someone said they were going to blow the school up!

Can't remember actually coming to blows with anyone over the 'troubles'
but it's always been a strange thing for me, I had a cousin (in law, so to speak) who was a Protestant from Belfast (she said she went to the same school as George Best) and an uncle, who's family were all East Londoners, so I grew up with two very different views of the whole IRA thing.

It always makes me laugh when I see Rangers and Celtic fans giving eachother stick over the Pope and the Queen - most Catholic schools in England have pictures of both of them side by side!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:19 AM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
My Dad attended the School just before the War. I was there from 1962 - 1969 (as a boarder between 1964 and 1967).

Best teachers - Thomas Agar, Peter Duskin and Peter Bramwell. Brother Charles was OK - and great for playing Chess and Snooker after School.

I was very happy there for most of the time. It was only that bastard Solomon who cast a shadow over the place. About half of those in the Fifth went on to University, which was impressive in those days.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:25 AM
On the Tory right !

Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Peter Bramwell. .
I might be 'Way off radar' but the 'Old Josephian' with whom I engaged in conversation many moons ago stated that 'Mr Bramwell' was a coloured 'Mathematics' teacher.
The reason I remembered this chappie's name was due to the fact that I recall enquiring in jest as to whether his christian name was 'Wilfred' !

Old 06-11-2007, 11:36 AM

The School Yard - 1964:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yard.jpg (48.6 KB, 97 views)
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
. Brother Charles was OK
Trolley?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 06-11-2007, 11:40 AM

Brother Bede teaching mathematics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bede.jpg (38.0 KB, 78 views)
Old 06-11-2007, 11:41 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by CP Satellite
I remember Jon! Can't quite picture him doing that though.....

Probably the best footballer at the school when I was there was Barry Stone
I knew Barry, he was the best footballer and I remember him always being about 6 feet taller than kids two years older than him.

Uday Singh init.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 AM
On the Tory right !

Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
Trolley?
Maz

A 'Thatcherite' known as "Brother".
Heaven forbid !

Old 06-11-2007, 11:44 AM

Brother Cyril and a few boys from Class 1A. 1963 or thereabouts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cyril.jpg (66.6 KB, 95 views)
Old 06-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Crying Plastic

Lambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was there between 1984 and 1991

"Watford please please please beat this lot"