Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 25-07-2019, 03:57 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Remember friends, a little jive is good for you ...

Old 25-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cool trumpet...

Old 25-07-2019, 04:24 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
One of the greatest ever...Louis Jordan

Old 26-07-2019, 05:09 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
I love Louis Jordan. His sound was a mix of jazz, jive and R&B - and prototype rock and roll
Old 27-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
I love Louis Jordan. His sound was a mix of jazz, jive and R&B - and prototype rock and roll
Not forgetting the wry social commentary inherent in a lot of his lyrics 👍🏽
Old 27-07-2019, 10:21 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Saw a great musical last year celebrating the music of Louis Jordan....Five Guys named Moe. It was an uplifting evening 🤠
Old 27-07-2019, 10:50 AM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Yup...no Chuck Berry without Louis Jordan...
Old 27-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Always had Louis Jordan down as a major R&B performer who was also one of the main forerunners of rock & roll. Jump combo style more than jazz but it's a measure of the man and his music that for many he's also recognised in the jazz world.

Marvellous music
Old 29-07-2019, 06:09 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Some tops tips from the master himself...put down that Racing Form and pay attention

Old 29-07-2019, 06:13 AM
Pass me the Vongole

...and of course this one which is brilliant

Old 29-07-2019, 06:48 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Hanging around with Democratic fellers named Mac...

Old 29-07-2019, 07:04 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Not forgetting the brilliant keyboard skills of Mr Fats Waller

Old 31-07-2019, 01:15 PM

Eagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I'm a big Jazz fan,have got all my bluenotes on vinyl and cd,love Coltrane,Jackie McLean,Horace Silver,Grant Green and many many others.

About to play live Trane,it's John Coltrane's european tour off Paris, Stockholm,Hamburg,Berlin and Stuttgart and features Eric Dolphy on Bass Clarinet and flute.
Old 31-07-2019, 05:33 PM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
Not forgetting the brilliant keyboard skills of Mr Fats Waller

Too right,and too oft overlooked,along with his wry songwriting skills.

This 3cd compilation is good value and features good remastering.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-08-2019, 09:35 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Saw this cat at the Jazz Cafe last night...astral jazz...pretty amazin'...the boy is 80!

Old 02-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Pass me the Vongole

...and this piece by Robert Glasper is too cool for skool

Old 02-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Pass me the Vongole

A jazz/r'n'b shouter...Wynonie Harris...good time music for sure!

Old 02-08-2019, 01:06 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Another 'Cool Jazz' mention, this time from the trumpeter Chet Baker. The boy could blow with meaning and soul...and then he'd sing with his high, light tenor voice. Vulnerable, gentle, tremulous...the epitome of cool

Old 02-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Pass me the Vongole

More Cool Jazz..the mellow tenor sax of Coleman Hawkins

Old 02-08-2019, 02:28 PM
Pass me the Vongole

For those of you who like longer, live versions of tings, here's a 19m cut of
Song for My Father, featuring:
Keyboards - Horace Silver (Master)
Drums - Billy Cobham (Playing and looking uber cool)
Tenor Sax - Bennie Maupin (imaginative)
Trumpet - Bill Hardman (clarity of tone)
Standup Bass - Johnny Williams (sensitive)

Stunning