Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 02-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Black View Post
I'm a big Jazz fan,have got all my bluenotes on vinyl and cd,love Coltrane,Jackie McLean,Horace Silver,Grant Green and many many others.

About to play live Trane,it's John Coltrane's european tour off Paris, Stockholm,Hamburg,Berlin and Stuttgart and features Eric Dolphy on Bass Clarinet and flute.
Thereís a DVD of that tour - itís great. Anything with Dolphy draws me in, really.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:44 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betray
Old 02-08-2019, 08:05 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betray
Old 02-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Brilliance......
Old 02-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Horace Silver tune is always a winner....
Old 02-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
For those of you who like longer, live versions of tings, here's a 19m cut of
Song for My Father, featuring:
Keyboards - Horace Silver (Master)
Drums - Billy Cobham (Playing and looking uber cool)
Tenor Sax - Bennie Maupin (imaginative)
Trumpet - Bill Hardman (clarity of tone)
Standup Bass - Johnny Williams (sensitive)

Stunning
Thatís a bit of a line up.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:39 PM

Eagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Love Horace,his my fav keyboard player,Bobby Timmons is also very good,he played in Art Blakeys quintet.

Horace bought out his autobiography few years ago called getting down to the Nitty Gritty,great book.

RIP Horace.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:38 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Love this version of A night in Tunisia. Some honest, bebop tenor sax going on here, kick ass supporting cast

Old 03-08-2019, 08:46 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Some joyous Saturday morning jive

Old 03-08-2019, 09:07 AM
Pass me the Vongole

The start of this is some funny shit...'77 stylee

Old 03-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Last choon before brekkie....something to calm the brain from '71. Unbelievably Lonnie Liston Smith is supporting. Genius astral jazz!

Old 07-08-2019, 11:46 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Another relaxed jazz piece, this from the multi-instrumentalist Roland Kirk and a tribute to his wife.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Pass me the Vongole

A live and uplifting take of QJ's classic - Soul Boss Nova. Some serious legends playing in here

Old 07-08-2019, 11:59 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Listened to a bit of Sun Ra yesterday. Good stuff.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 07-08-2019, 12:09 PM
Pass me the Vongole

...and a piece of Jazz/Rock fusion to throw into the mix. Guitar (Allan Holdsworth) and violin (JL Ponty) vibes are off the scale. Sounds as fresh today as when I first heard it in '77

Old 07-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Listened to a bit of Sun Ra yesterday. Good stuff.
Ah-ha...another astral jazz afficianado
Old 08-08-2019, 02:15 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
Ah-ha...another astral jazz afficianado
I'll always welcome some recs if anyone has any!

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 09-08-2019, 06:25 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I'll always welcome some recs if anyone has any!
Here's one from an astral jazz daddy

Old 10-08-2019, 07:18 PM
Send Nudes

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here

"People go to Brighton for various reasons. A holiday, a place to retire, a dirty weekend. You don't go there for football."
Old 13-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Pass me the Vongole