Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 30-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betray

Old 30-10-2019, 10:43 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Some wonderful stuff posted on here live in hope that the brilliant Ben Webster will arrive in due course!!!
Pleased to see crates of jazz vinyl in my local HMV today,although at high prices.
Old 30-10-2019, 11:28 PM

Eagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
This week I bought off Amazon

Lou Donaldson CD box set
Jimmy Smith the best of Verve years
Yusef Latef CD set
Lee Morgan CD set
Cannonball Adderley CD set
Old 31-10-2019, 04:49 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caisterman View Post

Amazing record. The drumming, let’s face it, has hardly ever been bettered in any genre or style.
Old 31-10-2019, 04:53 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I just got back from Tokyo - the record shops there are a sight for sore eyes. Here is the “jazz floor” of one of the Union Disk stores:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-10-2019, 04:55 AM
Middle class left.

The hip hop floor is the same size - there are six floors in total.
Old 31-10-2019, 07:50 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
I want to go to there

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 31-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Amazing record. The drumming, let’s face it, has hardly ever been bettered in any genre or style.
The legend that is Max Roach.
Old 31-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Middle class left.

They had an ample selection of Max's records in Tokyo!
Old 31-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I want to go to there
I actually thought of you and a few other regular posters while I was there. It would be your financial ruin. The records were all in really good condition.
Old 31-10-2019, 10:11 AM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I actually thought of you and a few other regular posters while I was there. It would be your financial ruin. The records were all in really good condition.
Will be in disk union again in December.can't wait!Tokyo definitely best place I 've ever been for buying music
Old 31-10-2019, 05:48 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by legaleagle2 View Post
Will be in disk union again in December.can't wait!Tokyo definitely best place I 've ever been for buying music
Last record I bought in Tokyo was by the Men they Couldn’t Hang in the late eighties. I bought it from a great record store in Shibuya. When I played it, I felt really homesick. Missing the music scene back home was part of the reason I went home after living there for a year. Looking forward to going back soon though.
Old 31-10-2019, 05:52 PM
www.chrisbrownjazz.com

Chrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would love to go to Tokyo have heard amazing things from all my jazz friends about it. They're nuts for it over there, no surprise some of my favourite live recordings are from Japan - Brad Mehldau, Joe Henderson and Weather Report spring to mind.
Old 31-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 01-11-2019, 12:15 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:

Loved his last two albums.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 01-11-2019, 11:05 AM

Eagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle Black sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
The legend that is Max Roach.
My fav drummer is Art Blakey,amazing drummer.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:57 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Black View Post
My fav drummer is Art Blakey,amazing drummer.
Whilst acknowledging the quality of Art & Max, my jazz drummer of choice has to be Elvin Jones; timing, superb percussive phrasing, unbelievable rhythmic patterns...all top drawer!

Be rude though not to offer a nod in the direction of a couple of my other favourites:

Philly Joe Jones - Solid bass/tom-tom combos and splash cymbal use was unparalleled, in my view

Joe Morello - Brubeck's drummer.....an artist of the drum, painted articulate percussive pictures
Old 01-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 04-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Swinging sounds from a bass man with distinctive style, aided and abetted by a stellar cast of the usual suspects

Wayne gets the gang together to do chilled jazz. Nice.....

Old 04-11-2019, 07:32 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was lucky enough to see Ellis Marsalis live on Frenchmen Street, New Orleans this summer. He was unbelievable, as was his accompanying drummer.