Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-12-2008, 11:47 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't bothered to quote individual responses but from info I've had recently:

Currys Digital and associated group are international and sales on the continent aren't dropping in the same way as here. Pretty safe.

Zavvi have sourced stocks for stores and should ride out the Christmas period alright, they've diversified away from music and I think over 50% of their income is generated from gaming related sales now. Once Woolworths is properly gone they could even increase their market share. Hopefully safe - an HMV high street monopoly wouldn't be good.

I look forward to being quoted in the New Year when both these businesses go tits up
Old 18-12-2008, 11:48 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
But why not Amazon?
I dont know, perhaps it's that Amazon often quote third party sellers, so it could cause confusion. If an individual had an unwated gift they sold as new, way below cost, you could end up with some idiot in store trying to price match.
Old 18-12-2008, 11:49 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john

WH Smith travel division (airports and railway stations) is though highly profitable.
...because of pricefixing!.. they have contracts with network rail saying that no-one else on the station can sell mineral water, other soft drinks, snacks and stationary and books less then them../.

wa'kers.
Old 18-12-2008, 11:51 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Isnt that illegal?
Old 18-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Isnt that illegal?
Almost certainly not.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 18-12-2008, 11:55 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Didnt the supermarkets get done for dairy price-fixing?
Old 18-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyB
BHS - Phillip Green, Surely not?
Allders?

I went to an evening with kind of thing with Stuart Rose recently - he thought M&S would, like everyone, suffer in the downturn but was very optimistic about their overall position.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 18-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
Allders?

I went to an evening with kind of thing with Stuart Rose recently - he thought M&S would, like everyone, suffer in the downturn but was very optimistic about their overall position.
Allders went tits up in 2004 and I think it's now owned by Jaegar. Croydon is the only one left.

Last edited by Psychokiller; 16-01-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 18-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
Allders went tits up in 2004 (a bonus being that they took the wanker I was working for at the time for about 30k) and I think it's now owned by Jaegar. Croydon is the only one left.
Yes, I know that about Allders (one of my best friends was made redundant when they went bust) - I was simply using them to show that an association with Philip Green doesn't guarantee a retailer's survival.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 18-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Palace chic

kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
Allders went tits up in 2004 (a bonus being that they took the wanker I was working for at the time for about 30k) and I think it's now owned by Jaegar. Croydon is the only one left.

When the Sutton one went everyone went mad, I got some fantastic clothes in there, I still like shopping around the Croydon one, though they never have sorted the heating problem out in there.
Old 18-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Didnt the supermarkets get done for dairy price-fixing?
No idea, but i suspect this is more of an exclusivity contract type thing.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 18-12-2008, 12:24 PM

I understand the exclusivity - I do not understand why shops selling the same stuff cannot sell at whatever price they want?
Old 18-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
I would imagine any retailer who relies on the far east for stock is going to have a bad year.

Jessops are being bankrolled by Canon and Sony. If that stops, they'll be toast.
Old 18-12-2008, 12:50 PM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would have thought Pinnacle going bust will mean huge problems for one of the music high street shops - Zavvi would be the favourite.
Old 18-12-2008, 01:16 PM
On probation

jookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolais
Whatever happened to Freeman Hardy Willis
John Menzies
Barrett's
Mr Byrite? BHS under Greens leadership have been in a healthy state for some time now
Old 18-12-2008, 01:17 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Toymaster
Old 18-12-2008, 01:20 PM
On probation

jookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolais
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar
...because of pricefixing!.. they have contracts with network rail saying that no-one else on the station can sell mineral water, other soft drinks, snacks and stationary and books less then them../.

wa'kers.
never knew that
Old 18-12-2008, 01:28 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
john menzies merged with whsmith, thus whs getting loads of train station sites.
Old 18-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
I understand the exclusivity - I do not understand why shops selling the same stuff cannot sell at whatever price they want?
From what point of view don't you understand it. Legally or economically.
Old 18-12-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
From what point of view don't you understand it. Legally or economically.
Morally