Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:36 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle
The already mentioned Kanu did.
Who has played in Holland for Ajax (who weren't relegated while he was there), Internazionale in Italy (ditto) plus 3 clubs in England.

That leaves us painfully short of 3 (probably more) spells at Championship winning clubs, not to mention 4 relegations (we need 5 in different countries remember), so it's not him.

We'll draw a veil over the "6 major derbies", "2 Champions League wins" and a famous winning goal for his country shall we.

Feel free to spend the next few hours thinking up other possibilities but I'll wager a hefty amount there aren't any. It's your time.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:05 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis
Can you think of any player that has won an English Premiership medal and has also been relegated ? I can't think of any.

Maybe there's 1 or 2. 3 at most.
This is more common than you think.

10 minutes googling/guesswork gives Lee Sharpe, Nicky Butt and Tim Flowers.

Blackburn got relegated 4 years after winning the Premier League, so there are probably more that did both with the same team.

I agree that the answer to the main question is either no-one or it is a misleading question.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Fistayasista

PhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
Easy one - hint answer is not no one.

Who has played in the Merseyside Derby, the Milan derby, the Munich Derby, the North London Derby and a (as there are two) North East derby.
ziege innit

that other question is absolute arse
Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
only if it included one of the Italian sides involved in the referee bribing scandal. Juve, Sampdoria, fiorentina was it? Marseilles went down in dodgy circumstances.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:46 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Who has played in Holland for Ajax (who weren't relegated while he was there), Internazionale in Italy (ditto) plus 3 clubs in England.

That leaves us painfully short of 3 (probably more) spells at Championship winning clubs, not to mention 4 relegations (we need 5 in different countries remember), so it's not him.

We'll draw a veil over the "6 major derbies", "2 Champions League wins" and a famous winning goal for his country shall we.

Feel free to spend the next few hours thinking up other possibilities but I'll wager a hefty amount there aren't any. It's your time.
No need to jump down my throat - I was responding only to a specific part of your post, where you were struggling. As someone said, there's probably a couple of Blackburn players who also did, not that I can be arsed to check. EDIT: Just noticed spike's post, good work fella.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Premiership 20/21

rbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Abel Xavier has played in a few leagues....
Old 05-05-2009, 10:04 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle
No need to jump down my throat - I was responding only to a specific part of your post, where you were struggling. As someone said, there's probably a couple of Blackburn players who also did, not that I can be arsed to check. EDIT: Just noticed spike's post, good work fella.
Sorry. I didn't mean to sound sniffy.

OK. So you and spike have come up with 4 or 5 who have won Premiership titles and been relegated (possibly a couple more although you're jumping the gun a wee bit with Nicky Butt; Newcastle aren't technically relegated yet)

The fact remains that it's probably equally as hard to come up with a significant number of players in any of the major European leagues who have won the Championship and been relegated. What then are the chances of one of those players repeating the experience in 4 other European leagues ?

Approximately zero. People who ask questions like this should at least make it vaguely fecking plausible otherwise you're just wasting everybody's time. That's all I'm saying. As you were.

PS I just thought of another: Jimmy Case. Championship for Liverpool, Relegated at Brighton. They're probably not that rare over a long period of time but within a career encapsulating 4 other repeat occurences ? Non-existent I'm certain.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:26 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Can you think of any player that has won an English Premiership medal and has also been relegated ? I can't think of any.
There are two actually (currently playing). The trivia question goes:

Which two current Premier League players (have played in the Premier League this season) have a Champions League winners medal, a Premier League winners medal, an FA Cup medal and have been relegated from the Premier League.

But I agree with the rest of your post.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:37 PM

hillhills is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get onhillhills is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get on
just a thought 'experiencing' relegation could mean he played against a relegated team on the day the relegation occurred..

Couldn't it?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is the answer "I"

That is thinking it through laterally, unless there is a genuine answer?

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 05-05-2009, 11:05 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonin2000
A ridiculous trivia question has just gone round at work. Nobody knows the answer. Sounds like one of those faux-questions with no real answer, but just in case, here goes:

- I recently retired from football.
- I played in the top division in 5 different European countries including
the English Premiership.
- In each league I won a championship medal AND experienced relegation.
- I scored a famous winning goal for my country.
- I have played in 6 of Europe's biggest derby matches and never lost.
- I played for 2 Champions League winning sides, but have never played in
the Champions League Final.
let's break it down a bit more:
- recently retired from football (doesn't say if that was as a player or coach, or how recently)
- played in 5 european top divisions (including prem) but they don't have to be the top ones
- won a championship in each country AND experienced relegation. It doesn't say it was for the same team, or indeed in the same division. a number of palace players would have achieved this in one way or another
- scored a famous winning goal for my country (why was it famous?)
- played in 6 of europe's biggest derbies and never lost - could it mean 6 milan derbies? and what constitutes a 'big' derby? palace vs brighton is always highly rated
- played for 2 champions league winning teams but never played in the final (maybe the biggest clue, if we assume they mean the champions league)
Old 05-05-2009, 11:41 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Butt played for Birmingham for a year when they were relegated.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:42 PM

TonyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Kanchelskis?