Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Wheat/Gluten Intolerance

Does anyone on here have one ?
My GF seems to think I have one after feeling rather unwell over the past few weeks.
Is there a test I can take NHS or Private that will determine what/if i have an intolerance?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Has anyone had a test before ?
They seem to range on the interweb from £50-150.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Stav, since you had cancer you´ve become a right hypochondriac.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
I had one from Yorktest.com. Told me I was intolerant to yeast and cow's milk. The test and results are ok, but there are no options for follow ups. You get the test results and that's it. I largely ignored it and carried on eating bread and drinking beer as getting some information through the post didn't make it seem real enough.

Decided at the weekend to try cutting it out for a bit and have been enjoying museli with rice milk, oily fish, sweet potatoes and brown wheat free pasta. My body has gone into shock a bit from the sudden withdrawal of sugar, starch and processed nastiness.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Man up, you massive puff.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Stav, since you had cancer you´ve become a right hypochondriac.
I'm more worried about not being able to eat bread.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Danger Zone

So should I go to a doctor? or should i do one of these tests ?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:07 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Theres no nhs test for gluten intolerance, only celiac diesease, Im not sure about these online tests to be honest.

The only real way of seing id you do better without gluten is to go without it for a few months.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 06-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
If you want to know one way or another take an online test. Yorktest seem very reputable. Jsut be prepared to go and see someone who knows what they're talking about when you get the results.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:16 AM
dabbling

Jim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69
Does anyone on here have one ?
My GF seems to think I have one after feeling rather unwell over the past few weeks.
Is there a test I can take NHS or Private that will determine what/if i have an intolerance?

I think pretty much all humans have an intolerance to wheat to certain degrees, believe wheat is quite a "young" grain and humans are not yet really designed to eat as much of it as we do.
Generally if you find you are always tired, bloated and are farting away like a set of bagpipes you probably have a wheat/gluten intolerance...wild guess this might be what your GF is talking about....wor stinker innit.

wouldn't be concerned about it unless you really are knackered the whole time, in which case cut down on your wheat intake and see how it goes...at least that's my opinion with my 0 years of medical training.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannons Moustache
I think pretty much all humans have an intolerance to wheat to certain degrees, believe wheat is quite a "young" grain and humans are not yet really designed to eat as much of it as we do.
Generally if you find you are always tired, bloated and are farting away like a set of bagpipes you probably have a wheat/gluten intolerance...wild guess this might be what your GF is talking about....wor stinker innit.

wouldn't be concerned about it unless you really are knackered the whole time, in which case cut down on your wheat intake and see how it goes...at least that's my opinion with my 0 years of medical training.
Dam. I like bread.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:28 AM

coppola is playing for a contract
yes, i have coeliac disease i'm intolerant to wheat, gluten, rye, barley and oats. its commonly thought of as an allergy but its actually an auto immune disease. they say it effects 1 in 100 people in britain but 4/5 people that have it dont even know they have it, and its true that some people are more sensitive to it then others. to be tested you have to go to your GP and ask for a blood test to show any signs of coeliac disease, if they come back with certain antibodies in your blood, then you will have to have an endoscopy where they take a pinch of your small intestine and from there they can tell you if you have coeliac disease. since being on a GF diet i've felt so much better so the best bet is to go to your gp and ask for the blood test
Old 06-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Danger Zone

I'm going to give it a go.
I can't eat soy sauce, what a joke.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Danger Zone

There better not be any frigging gluten in Guinness.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Bad news Stav. Guinness is wheat free but not gluten free.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69
Dam. I like bread.
You can get gluten free bread, methinks.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
I think I have some sort of intolerance to wheat, or something or other.

I did Atkins style thing for a week (had to squeeze into a lycra jumpsuit on a stag do), and lost half a stone by eating no carbs, and loads of meat, full fat cheese, and green salad. Bacon and eggs for brekkie. It was great for a week. Anyway, I was fully expecting my gut to take a pounding (constipation is a common side effect of the Atkins), yet my gut never felt healthier. I didn't feel bloated, or have any stomach pains, which I quite often do, and did very nice poo poos. However I was tired, and got headaches.

Anyway, that all made me think that maybe I have some sort of carby style intolerance, so was thinking of looking into it too.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Danger Zone

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Just got sent this link.
£48 bah
Old 06-09-2010, 10:10 AM
SC's wet dream

Old 06-09-2010, 10:11 AM
SC's wet dream

Good news on the Guiness thing though;