Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:29 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks everybody, I think Ill check out some other options before going ahead, it doesnt quite work as I thought it would!

As always glad I checked on here first!

Steve Jobs
Old 13-04-2013, 06:33 AM

Trev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterTrev Out worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Xbmc is the way to go this has AirPlay mode on it.

I have xbmc installed on a hp micro server (installed from this guide).

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-04-2013, 07:56 AM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for you
Very much dependent on hw you mange your media. I love mine and its used everyday.

*Music via iTunes Match

*Netflix

*Movies streamed from my computer upstairs (everything must be in iTunes though for ATV to see them). There is an programme called iVI that does all the work for you though and adds in all the metadata.

*AirPlay and Mirroring from iPhone and iPad.

*Photostream (if you have an iPhone) suddenly becomes useful. All photos can be viewed pretty much instantly on you TV without needing to do anything at all.

If you either already have a lot of your content in iTunes, or are prepared to take the time to convert it so it is then the ATV really is excellent. User experience exceeds anything else I've tried for streaming media around the home. It very much does depend on how you manage your media though whether it is for you.
Old 14-04-2013, 12:10 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trist
Very much dependent on hw you mange your media. I love mine and its used everyday.

*Music via iTunes Match

*Netflix

*Movies streamed from my computer upstairs (everything must be in iTunes though for ATV to see them). There is an programme called iVI that does all the work for you though and adds in all the metadata.

*AirPlay and Mirroring from iPhone and iPad.

*Photostream (if you have an iPhone) suddenly becomes useful. All photos can be viewed pretty much instantly on you TV without needing to do anything at all.

If you either already have a lot of your content in iTunes, or are prepared to take the time to convert it so it is then the ATV really is excellent. User experience exceeds anything else I've tried for streaming media around the home. It very much does depend on how you manage your media though whether it is for you.

Great thanks!

Steve Jobs
Old 14-04-2013, 12:49 PM

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I run ATV2. It is brill. I have a WD network drive which is DLNA'd to my tv, though, so external content can sneak in.

Since the OS upgrade, streaming web content (be it live streams or whatever), direct to my tv has been utterly fantastic.

And as Dave says, Netflix is lovely on there.

Best £99 spent by me.
Old 14-04-2013, 01:19 PM

Den Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have one of these ..
can stream direct to my Apple TV. Does have to be apple compatible format though.
Old 15-04-2013, 01:10 AM
BBS BTC Baron

Russ_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T
Friend of mine has a Roku and loves it.
I love my Roku too, I'll be get getting the To view the link you have to Register or Login at some point too.

Great value for money! I'd recommend them to anyone.
Old 15-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I use my apple TV quite a bit. We download a lot of films (legally of course) and then i convert everything to MP4 and watch via the apple TV. We do use their apple store to rent films a couple of times a month. I know renting HD is quite expensive but when you think 2 student tickets was £20 to see Spring Breakers, the £4.50 doesn't seem so bad!

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 15-04-2013, 11:25 AM

Den Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones_eagle
I use my apple TV quite a bit. We download a lot of films (legally of course) and then i convert everything to MP4 and watch via the apple TV. We do use their apple store to rent films a couple of times a month. I know renting HD is quite expensive but when you think 2 student tickets was £20 to see Spring Breakers, the £4.50 doesn't seem so bad!
which program do you use to convert?
Old 15-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den Haag Eagle
which program do you use to convert?
Handbrake, works like a charm.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 16-04-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones_eagle
Handbrake, works like a charm.
Cheers
Old 21-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm looking for a device to run XBMC on my TV, although I don't know an enormous amount about it.

Would an ATV be a good idea? A friend mentioned that as a possibility.

Raspberry Pi? Xios? ATV? It would be mostly for streaming stuff from online.

Last edited by elliott; 21-04-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 22-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
ATV bad idea as it's not possible on 3rd generation

PI = hard work

I'd suggedt a real computer
Old 22-04-2013, 02:32 PM

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Why is Pi hard work? It's currently the favourite, buying a card with XBMC.
Old 22-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I understand that it can be a struggle to get 1080p working smoothly

here is a thread

Old 22-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

also

Old 22-04-2013, 05:48 PM

Pivos then?
Old 22-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

I'm out of the loop these days, I would try the forums
Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
It's Plex but a breakthrough albeit a bit of a fiddle....

Old 23-03-2015, 12:56 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
*Bump*

Anyone using ATV these days ?