Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 20-11-2015, 05:44 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes, 100% Tomo, a million times better than EA's offering this year. Not the best looking game but a very solid GOLF game, not a stupid arcade golf game where buying a pair of socks boosts your power! The course catalogue is huge now as well, with some really awesome courses out there to play. Still gets a regular outing for me.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 20-11-2015, 05:59 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
What's the format? I don't like the Arcade style but do you just play random courses or is there a tournament/tour structure?
Old 20-11-2015, 08:19 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
You can choose from many modes including tournaments on official courses.

But what makes the game stand out is the ability to play on thousands of user created courses that have been made with the in-game editor by the Golf Club Community and all can be downloaded for free.
Old 20-11-2015, 08:27 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I like tournament and career modes. The game sounds interesting though...

Sounds like the control system can be a bit difficult though...
Old 20-11-2015, 08:58 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
It is very easy to pick up and play and as you get the hang of it then you can adjust the settings to suit your ability level, like playing on a cliff-top course with 15 mph cross winds.

The play is continuous from hole to hole with no loading screen to ruin its flow and the right stick club swing works well as a control method.

Your initial handicap is determined after you have completed your first 5 rounds of golf on the games official courses.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-11-2015, 10:52 PM

hmmmm.

The design and realism is great.

However, the controls are crap. The fact they've not even included a small guide in how hard you are about to hit is pants. And trying to strategise holes can be hard because you never quite know where your ball will land even at 100%. And putting is nothing but luck half the time.

Parts of it, I love. But I'm not sure if I'd describe it as "pick up and play" and won't be much fun to play with a friend I'd imagine.
Old 27-11-2015, 10:53 PM

Oh, and when looking at putting lines or where you are driving and not being able to change your line at the same time is a ballache. More so with the putting.
Old 28-11-2015, 11:45 AM

These video tutorials should help as they cover various aspects of gameplay and course editing.

Old 28-11-2015, 11:59 AM

Check out the huge game forum for all platforms that the game is available on.

Old 28-11-2015, 12:10 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Anybody played simgolf? Computer golf but you actually have to hit the shots.
Old 28-11-2015, 03:57 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
hmmmm.

The design and realism is great.

However, the controls are crap. The fact they've not even included a small guide in how hard you are about to hit is pants. And trying to strategise holes can be hard because you never quite know where your ball will land even at 100%. And putting is nothing but luck half the time.

Parts of it, I love. But I'm not sure if I'd describe it as "pick up and play" and won't be much fun to play with a friend I'd imagine.
Don't try and play this game by hitting a percentages on your swing, i.e. hitting 3/4 shots etc, open and close the club face to add and remove distance from your shot and then hit 100% every time.

Putting is very difficult, takes a lot of time to get used to. I've played this game a lot since day of release and I'm still crap at putting. Stick with it Tomo, it's a great game.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 28-11-2015, 03:58 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Anybody played simgolf? Computer golf but you actually have to hit the shots.
Is that the same as City Golf or whatever the centres are called in London?

Golf handicap - 9
Old 29-11-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32 View Post
Don't try and play this game by hitting a percentages on your swing, i.e. hitting 3/4 shots etc, open and close the club face to add and remove distance from your shot and then hit 100% every time.

Putting is very difficult, takes a lot of time to get used to. I've played this game a lot since day of release and I'm still crap at putting. Stick with it Tomo, it's a great game.
I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I'm also fed up that to play a season they want another tenner. The amount of DLC required in games is becoming a farce.

I understand the reason in certain games if you want more characters/ability, but to just leave a chunk of the game out is ridiculous.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:28 AM

Also, can you not save through a tournament or tour?

It's bullshit starting a tournament and not being able to save it
Old 01-12-2015, 04:47 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Yes, just exit the round at anytime, when you next load that particular tournament it'll ask you to push X (or square) to continue.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 01-12-2015, 06:44 PM

Hmmm I'll try again later but when I did it earlier it wasn't offering me that solution (that I could see).
Old 02-12-2015, 09:35 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Definitely does it fella. If you want a little bit more depth and competitive action then head over to TGCTours.com and sign up to that. Ardeo and I are members of it and play weekly, it's good fun.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 01-10-2016, 03:42 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I've just purchased a PS4... Is this worth buying?
Old 01-10-2016, 05:21 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

If it's cheap, yes. If not, wait for 2 which is due out Q1 next year.

Golf handicap - 9