Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 29-04-2014, 08:42 PM

Liam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If the rumours are true that Parish was the one who signed Ince. I'd be very suprised if Parish did this again with Zaha. We loaned Ince for 1m and he hasn't played much. Also, with Pulis being so in demand now, if Pulis doesn't want Zaha, I can't see Parish over ruling him. As much as I would love Zaha back, if TP doesn't want him, then I can't see us signing him.
Old 29-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Banned by Moderators

FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC
Is this the thread where anyone can make up bullshit?
Old 29-04-2014, 08:50 PM

jason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FansAbroadLLC View Post
Yep,here is mine-wilf is a wizard on the wing,and will single handedly keep us up next season.
Old 29-04-2014, 09:11 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
I can't believe the comments on here. Wilf is the most exciting talent to grace Selhurst since Ian Wright and I preferred watching Wilf to Wrighty.

He is an immense talent and if a manager can't unlock that talent then quite simply they are a worse manager than Freedman.

Moyes was petrified of talent and invention, OGS is simply petrified. I can certainly believe that Pulis has other priorities to sign but wide attackers is the one area he seems to be able to convince himself to take risks; he signed Pennant for Stoke and has got some great performances out of Bolasie. If Zaha was signed I can't see Pulis not utilising him, you never know Pulis's extreme discipline and Zaha's magical skills might coax the best out of both of them.

Yours in hope and optimism
Old 29-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
My mates brothers ex girlfriends sister is an estate agent and apparently Moses has made enquiries about properties in the Beckenham area.
Old 29-04-2014, 09:20 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I can't believe the comments on here. Wilf is the most exciting talent to grace Selhurst since Ian Wright and I preferred watching Wilf to Wrighty.

He is an immense talent and if a manager can't unlock that talent then quite simply they are a worse manager than Freedman.

Moyes was petrified of talent and invention, OGS is simply petrified. I can certainly believe that Pulis has other priorities to sign but wide attackers is the one area he seems to be able to convince himself to take risks; he signed Pennant for Stoke and has got some great performances out of Bolasie. If Zaha was signed I can't see Pulis not utilising him, you never know Pulis's extreme discipline and Zaha's magical skills might coax the best out of both of them.

Do you take into account his attitude? Instead of criticizing Moyes and OGS maybe some should look at Wilf.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 29-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Slowing Down Member

westsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Ahhh. You've noticed. Bonanza prize is on its way.
Old 29-04-2014, 09:48 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Do you take into account his attitude? Instead of criticizing Moyes and OGS maybe some should look at Wilf.
his attitude was superb with us. That he couldn't be arsed when forced to move to cardiff because moyes is mates with ogs still means his attitude is spot on. I'd **** around in that scenario too. Good on Wilf.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:06 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
What made Moyes go with Januzaj over Wilf? Was it talent? Was it attitude? Was it just because Moyes didn't fancy Wilf?

Despite the recent criticisms Moyes has generally been a decent judge of player of the years. He's done ok with talent. And yet he always went Januzaj ahead of Wilf. Maybe he is just a big fish, small pond kind of player instead of genuinely being able to cut it with the elite. Or maybe he's just experiencing a few teething problems before having a breakout season in the top flight. Who knows.

But regardless it would be a bit of a risk to take him back. But a bloody exciting one.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 29-04-2014, 10:06 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Had either of those two got the sort of performances out of Zaha that Freedman did, then both might still be premiership managers.

Both managers have failed dismaly on all fronts. Ultimately if Zaha doesn't make it the responsibilty lies with him but this season he has changed cities twice and been managed by two brand new managers promoted above their pay grade and struggling in water far too deep for either of them, and Wilf was sined by neither.

He needs to find a club that will trust him and play him week in week out, a club he can make a home at
Old 29-04-2014, 10:33 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ultimately if Zaha doesn't make it the responsibilty lies with him but this season he has changed cities twice and been managed by two brand new managers promoted above their pay grade and struggling in water far too deep for either of them, and Wilf was sined by neither.
I thought OGS signed wilf on loan?
Old 29-04-2014, 10:39 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Not sure we will sign either, TP has already stated that he wants Ince.
Old 29-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
We don't need to hear pundits comments on how good or bad Wilf is as we saw more with our own eyes than they'll ever know.
Wilf is the only reason we are currently dining at the top table, his confidence is shot to bits, he's been underplayed and misused in a disorganised side.
I would love to see him back.
Well said.
That "review" is total nonsense. Wilf probably didn't really want to go to Cardiff, has a problem with his ManU manager, then was handed over to a clueless, idiot "manager", to misuse, whilst being expected to save Cardiff's bacon by himself.
The Welsh nitwit should be asking himself, when Cardiff needed a "socks round the ankles", scrapping, manager, why did they hire OGS on the basis that he had a couple of years of fame scoring some important goals for ManU some years ago.
Old 30-04-2014, 12:48 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

100% spot on , with right manager and confidence back quite simply a sensational player.
Old 30-04-2014, 12:52 AM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
anyone questioning Wilf's attitude only need to look at how well Punch has pushed on here
Old 30-04-2014, 12:57 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I'm confident Parish does. Thank goodness.
Sorry gf but wtf has it got to do with SP?, he's the co chairman not manager.
Old 30-04-2014, 08:41 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far East Eagle View Post
Or maybe he should be a professional and work hard for his place in the team? TP doesn't suffer lazy, big fish players. Zaha jumped at the chance to go to Manu to play PL football, instead of wanting to play it here. Thanks, but no thanks.
They are not mutually exclusive. Many people in all walks of life struggle when they're mucked about. Some people thrive in adversity others don't. Doesn't make them lazy or "big fish players" just makes it hard to produce their best, if (for example) how ever hard they try is never hard enough for "the boss." It's why some players will follow a manager to almost every club, whilst others will do anything they can to avoid the same boss. When Zaha signed for Man Utd it looked unlikely we'd in the Premier League, and in any case very few player turned down Alex Ferguson.
Old 30-04-2014, 08:48 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_Palace View Post
If the rumours are true that Parish was the one who signed Ince. I'd be very suprised if Parish did this again with Zaha. We loaned Ince for 1m and he hasn't played much. Also, with Pulis being so in demand now, if Pulis doesn't want Zaha, I can't see Parish over ruling him. As much as I would love Zaha back, if TP doesn't want him, then I can't see us signing him.
Back in January, one minute the rumour was that Pulis was angry that he couldn't do any business because Parish was on holiday, next Pulis was angry because Parish was sticking his nose in and getting too close. Personally reckon both and were the usual press inventions to create a couple of stories from nothing. I would agree that Zaha won't come if Pulis doesn't want him, but more to the point with Moyes gone Van Gaal or whoever will want to make up his own mind, they probably won't even want to sell.
Old 30-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Don't think it will happen and probably that's the right answer all around.

No question about his contribution at Palace nor his potential. He remains an exciting prospect but :

from Zaha's perspective - any permanent return to Palace will leave a huge question over his ability to 'make it'. However unreasonable or inaccurate it will raise/leave questions over temperament/maturity/capability as big club player. His failure to hack it at 'a big club' will be constantly recycled by the media and he will need to have been twice as good/consistent to earn a further move away from Palace and almost certainly limits his options to bottom half clubs. By definition this has to eat away at Wilf himself. The ONLY benefit for Wilf that I can see in him returning is that he would probably play most weeks - but see below. Compensation - although I suspect CPFC2010 would do everything they could to fund it - I can't see us matching Man Utd's package. If I tried to score it - from Zaha's perspective this is a 1 out of 10 of option.

For Palace - When Wilf played for us he was the main outlet for us. Whenever we won the ball - it was give it to him and he retained possession long enough for us to get up the pitch. The only trade off being that no one knew when or if they would get it back :-) - always remember the comments attributed to Murray that the hardest thing with Wilf was knowing when to time your runs as he might beat the full back 3 or 4 times or just the once before crossing etc. I digress but the point here is that I don't think we can build a successful team that way, That doesn't mean we can't use a player like Zaha but it would have to be different. He would need to fulfil his defensive role too - but Yannick has handled this. Playing behind the striker was the position I hoped he would end up for us but I can't see him defending well enough for Pulis there somehow. Even more so for Ince by the way. Finally - I think 'mentally' it wouldn't be right for us to go back either. Buying the players in the summer - has to be a clinical process. There is no room for emotion in this. Scoring for Palace's perspective would be say a 5/10 still because there is no doubt he has real ability.

So - I really can't see it happening. I will enjoy the memories.
Old 30-04-2014, 09:42 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
What made Moyes go with Januzaj over Wilf? Was it talent? Was it attitude? Was it just because Moyes didn't fancy Wilf?
His daughter didnt fancy Januzaj?
Closed Thread