Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 22-04-2014, 02:40 AM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
With Moyes seemingly out the door any day, I'd have thought Zaha will get a fresh shot at Man U.
Old 22-04-2014, 06:34 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not convinced Zaha would be the answer in all honesty... Needs a huge run of games to get near to the form he was on last season, can we afford to do that if we are down there next season when we know how well Puncheon and Bolasie pay in our system? Not really sure he would fit in our system anyway, he doesn't really track back much which Bolasie recently said in an interview was a very important part of the wingers game now for us.

I also doubt Pulis will 'love' him, he would expect him to work bloody hard, which I'm not convinced he would.
Old 22-04-2014, 07:41 AM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Moses for me every time - sorry Wilf
Old 22-04-2014, 07:47 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Moses would be an awesome re-signing. And it's concievable too.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 22-04-2014, 07:48 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
Wilf worked his socks off in many games last season - tracked back more than Bolasie in most cases. I accept that part of his game has been lacking when I've seen him this season.

Moses is the better player but I can't see him fitting in our current system. Maybe in the hole if we accept he won't be doing the same work that Chammers or Ledley do there.
Old 22-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCharlie View Post
With Moyes seemingly out the door any day, I'd have thought Zaha will get a fresh shot at Man U.
Could just as easily go the other way, with a new manager ruthlessly clearing the decks. On here, people are always giving him special treatment due to his history with us, but to many others, he's just another name in the squad .
Old 22-04-2014, 08:26 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCharlie View Post
I'm not sure, I imagine if they go for somebody foreign like Klopp which I think they will do they aren't going to take risks with unknown players like Zaha. They'll want to enforce an immediate impact and go for players they trust particularly if they have the transfer budget well over 100M the media are reporting.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 22-04-2014, 08:42 AM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd imagine with Moyes out a new manager will get a big budget to spend and they are clearly lacking quality wing play at the moment. Could see more signings moving him further down the pecking order unless he has an amazing pre-season. Poor Wilf.
Old 22-04-2014, 08:59 AM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
That team are clearly lacking pace and therefore could do with someone like him in the side
Old 22-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
Wilf worked his socks off in many games last season - tracked back more than Bolasie in most cases. I accept that part of his game has been lacking when I've seen him this season.....
When Wilf was here I would have said they were both pretty inconsistent when it came to chasing back. Too often an afterthought for them but in the Championship you could probably get away with it more easily than the Premiership. But all of that is in the past. I have to say I have been very impressed with the improvement in Yannick's defensive duties. He has obviously listened to the coaching/instructions and gets back pretty well these days until he gets tired. That's quite a change for a first team player as they are typically set in their ways by now. This tiredness in part is why he is often the one replaced after about 75 mins or so. It's understandable that he gets tired though as it's tough for him with his style in this system. Demanding physically, to combine his attacking game, full of pace and twists and turns and still get back to cover but he does it all with that wonderful smile on his face :-)

Sorry got carried away, but Bolasie defends pretty well now but I don't ever remember seeing Wilf average at best. He would need that same transformation and less confident he would be interested in this tbh.

The best way to find the right player is to assess the gaps in your current system and look for the right players to fill those. Unless Bolasie refuses to sign I can't see we have a gap to fill and even if we did is Zaha the right player going forward. Not sure. I too used to drool at the prospect of Zaha breaking out wide with the ball for us but not sure we should go back.
Old 22-04-2014, 09:21 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Would love Moses, couldn't we play 2 upfront? something like a combo of Chamakh/Murray with Moses/Gayle could be modern day Wright/Bright and Bolaise/Puncheon/Zaha LH/RH
Old 22-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
If the new Man United manager has any sense he'll give Wilf some gametime. He looked brilliant in pre-season under Moyes but was never given a fair crack in the league.

Would love him back here but I'm not sure we'd shell out what's needed.
Old 22-04-2014, 09:51 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kirby, I also think Moyes going is bad news for getting Wilf back. Had he stayed i think we'd have had a chance, but a new manager will look at him and realise just how good he is.
Old 22-04-2014, 10:48 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Any one (or two) of Moses, zaha or ince would be very good

Suspect moyes leaving utd won't help our chances of zaha though, guess we will see.
Old 22-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Moses would be an awesome re-signing. And it's concievable too.

We may be priced out. Also would ask if Victor might feel he can do better, he will get a premier league winners medal in a few weeks.
Old 22-04-2014, 02:21 PM

BW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
I'm not sure, I imagine if they go for somebody foreign like Klopp which I think they will do they aren't going to take risks with unknown players like Zaha. They'll want to enforce an immediate impact and go for players they trust particularly if they have the transfer budget well over 100M the media are reporting.
Klopp is a pretty bad example of someone who 'won't take risks on unknown players'. That's his trademark!
Old 22-04-2014, 02:25 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW_Palace View Post
Klopp is a pretty bad example of someone who 'won't take risks on unknown players'. That's his trademark!
Quite. Possibly the worst example.
Old 22-04-2014, 02:27 PM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would Love to See Wilf, Punch and Yanick creating Mayhem Up front, swapping around,defences wouldn't know what hit them
Old 22-04-2014, 02:51 PM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I expect if Moses is available he'll end up with Martinez at Everton, sadly for us.

It's too early tell if the managerial change at Man U will affect our chances of getting Wilf back. For me, it could go one of two ways:

1) The new manager decides Wilf is a part of United's future and gives him game time. Or, more likely:
2) The new manager who comes in is under pressure to get results from the start and decides he can't risk blooding a youngster. Coupled with the fact he will undoubtedly be handed a large transfer budget, he buys some new World class wingers (something United are lacking,) pushing Wilf further down the pecking order and meaning we have a chance of getting him back.
Old 22-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
I expect if Moses is available he'll end up with Martinez at Everton, sadly for us.

It's too early tell if the managerial change at Man U will affect our chances of getting Wilf back. For me, it could go one of two ways:

1) The new manager decides Wilf is a part of United's future and gives him game time. Or, more likely:
2) The new manager who comes in is under pressure to get results from the start and decides he can't risk blooding a youngster. Coupled with the fact he will undoubtedly be handed a large transfer budget, he buys some new World class wingers (something United are lacking,) pushing Wilf further down the pecking order and meaning we have a chance of getting him back.
don't you mean at Arsenal?
Closed Thread