Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 03-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Spend your money girls on sprays and lipsticks
Tested on bunnies, girls, strays and misfits.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 04-04-2007, 08:21 AM
criostal lýchairt

Scotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ozone friendly rape alarms for those blinding dates,
Another summer of hate
Old 04-04-2007, 08:24 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Disgressing for a sec... anyone into Jim and/or Les's 'solo' stuff?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 AM
criostal lýchairt

Scotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No, although not really given any of it a chance to be honest; at best it's been the background music that I've got drunk to whilst waiting for them to play the Carter numbers!

Any particular recommendations?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:27 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you want a good sampler of each:

Jim Bob's album Angelstrike, is the closest to Carter stuff.

If you can souce a copy of Djamoline - the compliation of early Abdoujaporov stuff, that is quite punky.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:03 PM
South London VfB

My current three carter faves

Second to last will & testament
Born on the 5th of November
And God created Brixton, too
Old 04-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I was listening to 30 Something yesterday (and before I saw this thread). Shopper's Paradise is my current fave - hence my post above.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:23 PM
criostal lýchairt

My Top 3, and liable to change

The Only Living Boy in New Cross

Shopper's Paradise
(I just can't help but bounce up and down when the bam bam baam, bam bam baam, baam bam baam bam kicks in)

Lean on Me I won't fall over / Re-Educating Rita / Falling on a Bruise (sorry can't split them).

Last edited by Scotland's No9; 04-04-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:43 PM
South London VfB

Re-read my favourites more closely please
Old 04-04-2007, 02:54 PM
criostal lýchairt

I'd never have made it into MI6!

That is fantastic news.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not quite on the subject but my best mate and I always put "Rubbish" on driving compilations. We've did on tapes since we were about seventeen, and have continued on to CDs in later years.

My current car has an mp3 player in it. I was giving another friend a lift in early December when he saw the word "Rubbish" scroll across the display, and he wanted to know if it was a comment on the quality of music.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
My current three carter faves

Second to last will & testament
Born on the 5th of November
And God created Brixton, too
Ooooooooooh!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Borderline lunacy

D'oh - but excellent

Old 04-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Jack Bauer

Highbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm terrified intoxicated, starry eyed and bollock naked
Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 AM
South London VfB

All official now... tickets got on sale NEXT Thursday 12th...
Attached Images
File Type: gif carter_2nd_nov.gif (50.7 KB, 39 views)
Old 05-04-2007, 11:22 AM
South London VfB

Jim Bob will also be appearing on Palace Radio this coming Saturday to talk about this and myabe play a tune or two...
Old 05-04-2007, 12:39 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Are the Frank and Walters going to be supporting just to add to the nostalgia? Will be getting tickets for this anyhow.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:42 PM
South London VfB

Loads of debate about the supports, the lads have been flooded with offers, but I think it'll be LiveNation's call and it will be announced much closer to the gig.

Personally, I'd love to see The Sultans of Ping and The Franks supporting!
Old 05-04-2007, 12:50 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
I'm actually suprised a few more bands from that time don't do this kind of thing. I'd love to see people like Ned's, PWEI, The Wonderstuff, Mega City Four again. It would certainley be an older audience than back in the day. I wonder if a venue the size of Brixton is not a bit ambitious though.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:02 PM
South London VfB

Well, LiveNation did the PWEI reunion last year which was a series of nights at the Astoria and were packed out every night.

I guess LiveNation's thinking is that Carter were a bit bigger than PWEI in their day and are only playing one night so they've gone for the bigger venue. Plus the Brixton Academy is very much Carter's 'spiritual' home.