Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-04-2007, 02:01 PM

magician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
i have a bit of that

might wear my carter cycling cap! (maybe not!!!!)

one of the guys from the sultans(the guitarist?) is involved in a farmers market that my missus mate has a stall at

we love you ,we love you , we love you!!!
thank you from the bottom of my heart
Old 05-04-2007, 05:37 PM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
Jim Bob's album Angelstrike, is the closest to Carter stuff.
Probably my favourite album of any Carter-related stuff, just pipping the first JSSW one. It seems to me to be a sequel to '30 Something' - think '40 Something' - with a less bitter view of the world. 'Victim', 'The Children's Terrorism Workshop' and 'My Face Your Arse' (with Fruitbat) are highlights crowned by the majesty of the title track.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Wow, I'll get tickets but its a long time to wait.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Wannabe Surfer Dude

SIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wish I could go, though would not be the same as sitting in the back of a gas van with Jim.
I miss my friends sometimes stuck out here
Old 06-04-2007, 10:39 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Surely this is a good an excuse as any to come up for a visit, mate?

Hopefully Palace will be at home the next day too, a right ronnie result (although knowing my luck they'll be away at Plymouth or Sunderland, the furtherest away trip on the calendar when I'll not see me pit before 5am)
Old 11-04-2007, 08:13 AM
criostal lýchairt

Scotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To love you back to life again now!

Tickets purchased; I want to give peace, love and kisses out
to this whole stinking world.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Neil - you are a star. Tickets ordered for me and the lanky bloke.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-04-2007, 09:33 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Pre-sale allocation sold out within a few minutes, they've just had to put a second lot on sale...

I am in the shit... mind you, Jim gave the link out on Radio 6 yesterday apparently...
Old 11-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Jack Bauer

Highbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thankyou Neil Tried just after 9 but they had sold out by then. Tried just now and booked!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:53 AM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
I am in the shit... mind you, Jim gave the link out on Radio 6 yesterday apparently...
Plus the mailing list got the link a couple of days ago and you can imagine some people would have forwarded that on more than a few times.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:20 AM
South London VfB

Yup that's where I got it from...
Old 11-04-2007, 10:25 AM

For those still wanting to go:

I have just heard that an extra 500 tickets have been put on sale, so, as I said in my last email, keep on keeping on.

Love fruity xx
Old 13-04-2007, 09:48 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I just bought mine no problem

Obviously the popularity is all down to Jim Bob's appearance on my radio show last weekend
Old 13-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Just bought tickest from the Brixton Academy website
Old 13-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Please....

Ouch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
got mine from tciektmaster the other day. £5 per ticket booking fee and £5 postage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14-04-2007, 08:28 AM
South London VfB

Yeah, the lads are a bit New Cross about that. They were assured that the booking fee plus postage would be no more than a fiver combined, but that's the trouble when going through one of the big agencies. They charge what they like, they were chaeper direct from Academy venues.

Anyway, the great news is still gig is nearly sold out already, all downstairs standing has gone and only a few upstairs remain after one full day of ticket sales. So much for those people who said they'd never fill it.

Just heard good, nay absolutely fantastic, news about the support, it's going to be a fecking massive night.
Old 14-04-2007, 10:15 AM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Oh wow, I used to love Carter USM, saw them quite a few times live including for me their best gig ever as a secret warm up gig at New Cross Venue where the floorboards rocked.

Met Jimbob and Fruitbat that night and JB signed my ex-wifes Tits with a marker pen....classy eh!

Then saw them a few months later at Brixton Academy and they came out into the crowd to watch the warm up band, I can't remember who and we chatted again....Marvellous stuff.

Gonna have to try hard to get to this, I loved it when Rob used to play Sheriff Fatman at half time...
Old 14-04-2007, 10:19 AM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by New LP
Are the Frank and Walters going to be supporting
Was only listening to that album the other day
Old 16-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Please....

Ouch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
Quote:
Originally posted by Ridcully
Was only listening to that album the other day
Was only going mental like a drunken idiot to them in Kilburn on Paddy's day.
Old 16-04-2007, 10:49 AM
South London VfB

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridcully
Gonna have to try hard to get to this, I loved it when Rob used to play Sheriff Fatman at half time...
That was usually me or Scroatey!