Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 12:51 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
I feel very conflicted as to Bolasie and always have. So much potential and excitement but usually so much disappointment and lack of end product, often after some amazing feat of skill. Simple fact is, if he could cross, Bolasie would be probably the most fearsome winger in the world. But he can't cross reliably. We hoped he'd develop that ability and he's hasn't.

I think the theory that Bolaise basically improvises everything he does is correct. He's great at instinct but terrible when a cool moment of composure is required, such as a good cross after blazing past two players. His assist stats speak volumes, given how often he is able to get into a good position to make a telling cross and then fails.

I'm tired of people making excuses for Bolasie as some kind of 'sacred cow' player. Many of the same people who dismissed Gayle for not becoming a 10+ goal striker per season, dispite not getting 10+ decent CHANCES per season will quite happily cite injury, personal grief, ect, as reasons why it is fine for Bolasie to send about one -in -ten of his crosses to where they're supposed to. I've always felt the primary role of a winger isn't to bamboozle defenders or get bums off seats but deliver crosses that strikers love. Bolasie fails at that, even more than Zaha.

For me, 20M may well buy another winger who, whilst not as unprediactably difficult to mark as Bolasie, may have the kind of composure and footballing brain to deliver a telling, aimed cross when a chance presents itself. I stand by my previous assertions that blowing big money on Benteke, et al, may bring about far less benefit than it should, given how dismal our passing and crossing is. And since I'm unconvinced we see it a priority to buy in better passers in midfield, I'd like to at least see better crosses for whichever big money striker we hopefully buy. For that reason, I feel no terror at the idea of Bolasie going. I love him for the history we have with him and the great moments he's played for us and don't neccesarily want him to go but I also don't feel we would be losing an indispensible element in the team. He's certainly not indispensible if measured against what a winger is supposed to do- carve plenty of well constructed chances for the striker. I'm happy to let the chips fall where they may with Bolasie -a bit like how he plays.

Last edited by SOUTHGATE EAGLE; 04-07-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I reckon he wants a move. We've already bought his replacement, and we need the cash to fund other buys. Makes sense to me, though would be sad to lose him.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:56 PM

srh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why would we sell Bolasie? It would mean that we'd need to buy another winger/ forward to replace him. We struggled last year with only two premiership quality wingers (Zaha and Bolasia) due to injuries. Now we have 3 with Townsend, which has resolved last year's problem. In addition to this Bolasie can play centrally (not his best role but Pardew seems to like him there) so we can now play Zaha, Townsend and Bolasie, which is a very strong attack. I just can't see us selling me unless we had a replacement lined up who was as good or better.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:57 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCharlie View Post
I reckon he wants a move. We've already bought his replacement, and we need the cash to fund other buys. Makes sense to me, though would be sad to lose him.
Does anyone think he is going to be a a success at a 'bigger' club with weight of expectation thats brings along a huge transfer fee on his shoulders?

Personally as much as I love him at Palace I just cant see it

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 04-07-2016, 01:01 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Parish/Pardew did say we wouldn't sell without having a replacement but not sure where we stand on buying without selling.

I hope Bolasie stays, I like him and Zaha and Bolasie represent so much about this clubs identity.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:01 PM

PalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You may be right that he wants a move, but then one injury to Zaha or Townsend and we are back to square one if we sell Bolasie. By that I mean we have to use Sako or Lee as starters, which does not improve the situation in that position from last season's injury crisis.

If we can identify a value replacement who can provide more end product, then maybe, but not the easiest task.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:02 PM

jcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I reckon he wants a new contract. No doubt we'll give him a new one before the window closes.

There's no way that he'll be going to any of the big five/six, and we're not far off the rest.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Lost in the Pine Barrens

Paulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceRichard View Post
You may be right that he wants a move, but then one injury to Zaha or Townsend and we are back to square one if we sell Bolasie. By that I mean we have to use Sako or Lee as starters, which does not improve the situation in that position from last season's injury crisis.

If we can identify a value replacement who can provide more end product, then maybe, but not the easiest task.
Punch can also play out wide
Old 04-07-2016, 01:03 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle View Post
Bolasie isn't going anywhere. Another boring attempt at a pay rise once again.
No surprise there it's been happening nearly every season now.

Last edited by Danny boy; 04-07-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
20,000.000 would be great business, I like Bolasie but lets be honest his end product hasn't come on as much as we'd have hoped. I still think Sako could be as good as him if not better, providing he wants it enough.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:11 PM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
20,000.000 would be great business, I like Bolasie but lets be honest his end product hasn't come on as much as we'd have hoped. I still think Sako could be as good as him if not better, providing he wants it enough.
I really can't see Sako ever being better than Bolasie. He doesn't have the pace or the skill and that isn't going to improve at 28.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:14 PM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Selling Bolasie would be madness in my opinion
Old 04-07-2016, 01:15 PM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You're not serious?
Old 04-07-2016, 01:16 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think his end product has improved considerably. Scored more last season than the previous two. I could still see the logic I'm selling him for a good price mind.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:19 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
reading between the lines of things Bolasie said last season I think his head has been turned and that cashing in now for a big fee would probably be in everyone's best interests.

that being said I'd want probably at least 25million. There's no real desperation to sell him but if you could get a bank busting fee in, why not?
Old 04-07-2016, 01:21 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
I cant help feeling that Adebayor was a bad influence on him

I was worried that might happen, Ade immediately tagged on to Bolasie and it wasnt long before the walking about the pitch Adebayor style started to appear

Obviously no fans will no for sure but for me I dont think its a coincidence.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 04-07-2016, 01:26 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Don't want to sell him

However...

If he doesn't want to be here anymore then he has got to big for his own boots and believed his own hype. In this case only sell him for stupid money.. In excess of 20m. Actually think kaikai is potentially better than him
Old 04-07-2016, 01:29 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Every summer he seems to get a payrise or wants one. He either needs a new agent or a new motive to play football. No player is bigger than the club and we shouldn't give in to his demands (if any). We may not be able to replace the uniqueness of the guy but we can replace him with another winger who will get more than the 4/5 goals Yannick has to his name each season. We've given him a brilliant platform from the days he couldn't even get in a sh*t Bristol City side. If money is the motive then sell while we can. I dunno how many other clubs can willingly put up with a frustrating player
Old 04-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Love Yala, but his body language at times seems strongly to suggest that his heart's no longer with us. I'd be reluctant to sell on the basis he could rediscover his mojo with another club and come back and haunt us, but if keeping him risks any repeat of his lacklustre form from much of last season, I suggest it might sadly be time to let him go. And that's in the full realisation that, on his day, the lad is an unstoppable machine. He's just had too few of those days of late.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Caramba.