Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 10-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rock n Roll Suicide (may change that)
Man Who Sold the World
Width of a Circle
Old 10-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Can't possibly pick just 3. The man was a colossus. A whole year on and I'm still in shock at his passing. Been sat at the piano all day playing his songs. Badly.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Even picking 3 albums would be a difficult choice. But, for today....

Absolute Beginners
Kooks
Starman

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:13 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufan View Post
Can't possibly pick just 3. The man was a colossus. A whole year on and I'm still in shock at his passing. Been sat at the piano all day playing his songs. Badly.
Of course you can't. That's what makes it interesting.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Blimey, three?!?
Word on a Wing
Fantastic voyage
Teenage wildlife,
but just to throw some curveballs. All the above by other posters also valid.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:24 PM

BECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So many to choose from so I'm gonna opt for
Heroes
Moonage daydream
Shadow man
Old 10-01-2017, 06:30 PM
phase three

Jer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Tis a Pity She was a Whore
Sound and Vision
Lady Grinning Soul

with Bowie's version of Wild is the Wind as close to the perfect record as I've ever heard
Old 10-01-2017, 06:32 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Kooks
Heroes
Rebel Rebel

Off the top of my head
Old 10-01-2017, 06:37 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Queen bitch.
Drive in Saturday.
John I'm only dancing.

My fourth choice, would have been, every other song he was involved in.
Loved the bloke.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:38 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufan View Post
Pick three, you diamond dog. We had to.

Poof.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:39 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
arrrghhh

Lady of the grinning soul
All the young dudes
Starman

please dont neg me for having three goes

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 10-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was in Italy about 5-6 years ago and wandering a museum in Florence when I turned the corner and saw the man himself and Iman about 5 yards away quietly wandering around the exhibits. No one else seemed to have clocked that it was them. I probably looked a bit shocked and was really struggling with the obvious dilemma. Go over and say hello to a real hero of mine and even get a photo, or just leave him alone to enjoy a day out.
I opted to leave him alone and looked up at him and he turned and smiled and wandered off. I like to think he had guessed what I was thinking and appreciated my not disturbing them. That said I have often thought, I should have gone and got my picture, but reckon I did the right thing.

There again he might have thought i was a total loony and just grateful he had not had to run away screaming. By the way, Iman was elegant and staggeringly good looking.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:10 PM

PhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wild Is The Wind
Quicksand
China Girl
Old 10-01-2017, 07:32 PM
I'm watching you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketEagle View Post
Wild Is The Wind
Quicksand
China Girl
Rep for Quicksand. I want to have my ashes scattered at sea, with that playing.

Knowledge comes with deaths relief.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:35 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Drive In Saturday
Life On Mars
The Jean Genie
Old 10-01-2017, 07:43 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
Pick three, you diamond dog. We had to.

Poof.
Oh god, all right then . . . how bloody unfair!

Life on Mars - what a chord sequence, what lyrics and what fantastic orchestration.

Aladdin Sane (atmospheric and haunting, with the added brilliance of Mike Garson, which never fails to make me smile)

Starman - because, as for so many, his performance of it on TOTP gave me my first glimpse of the great man. I was 11 or 12 and remember actually being genuinely scared because he looked so unworldly and unlike anything I'd ever seen. Was a convert from that minute on.

So many others, it really is impossible to choose.

On a related note, did anyone see the BBC interview with his life-long best mate George Underwood on the tellybox this morning? Was a wonderful insight with some lovely anecdotes. And then, at the very end, his eyes misted over and he sort of half-sobbed: "I sometimes wonder if I was as good a friend to him as he was to me?" The interviewer went to comfort him, but he was clearly in bits. The poor woman was too, and could hardly read the next item. Brought it all home. An ordinary South London lad made extraordinary by his pure, God-given super-talent. May his music live on for ever.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Holy shit. Was it a year ago ?

Bloody hell
Old 10-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quicksand
Slow Burn
Boys Keep Swinging
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:11 PM

StanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In The Heat Of The Morning
Space Oddity
Be My Wife

Far too many to mention, I like the laughing Gnome ha,ha,ha .
Old 10-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Hooray For Boobies

#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle View Post
Very different to my 3 but great choices !
Thanks, third was a throw in, but maybe would have picked Loving The Alien if i'd given it more time.

Station to Station definitely my fave tho, love its drive.

Obviously could have picked many more, grew up listening to him & had all his albums on vinyl (uptil 84 anyway), Beanos got them many years back lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Album Wallpaper 1920.jpg (400.5 KB, 4 views)