Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 18-11-2017, 01:46 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I always have to find room for Time because of that one verse...

Time - He flexes like a whore
Falls wanking to the floor
His trick is you and me, Boy
Old 18-11-2017, 01:47 AM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulla64 View Post
Starman
5 Years
Sound and Vision
Id go with this.Good memories of him in the Three Tuns in Beckenham around 1969.
Old 18-11-2017, 08:37 AM

stevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufan View Post
Oh god, all right then . . . how bloody unfair!

Life on Mars - what a chord sequence, what lyrics and what fantastic orchestration.

Aladdin Sane (atmospheric and haunting, with the added brilliance of Mike Garson, which never fails to make me smile)

Starman - because, as for so many, his performance of it on TOTP gave me my first glimpse of the great man. I was 11 or 12 and remember actually being genuinely scared because he looked so unworldly and unlike anything I'd ever seen. Was a convert from that minute on.

So many others, it really is impossible to choose.

On a related note, did anyone see the BBC interview with his life-long best mate George Underwood on the tellybox this morning? Was a wonderful insight with some lovely anecdotes. And then, at the very end, his eyes misted over and he sort of half-sobbed: "I sometimes wonder if I was as good a friend to him as he was to me?" The interviewer went to comfort him, but he was clearly in bits. The poor woman was too, and could hardly read the next item. Brought it all home. An ordinary South London lad made extraordinary by his pure, God-given super-talent. May his music live on for ever.
Great post - the man was a genius.
Old 18-11-2017, 08:40 AM

stevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lady Grinning Soul
Width of a Circle
All the Madmen