Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-02-2018, 08:37 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Lakes View Post
Biggin
PSA as you say is a good indicator of problems but by no means fail safe. It all depends on other symptoms like peeing more than usual.
My PSA was 9 and my GP sent me for an MRI which also picked nothing up.
So had a template biopsy and wallop, stage 3 cancer. So itís all a bit hit and miss. My advice is if youíre concerned enough, get a biopsy done and youíll know for certain.
Guys with PSA of 4/5 can have cancer, and guys with 20 plus might not have it. It just depends on much you want to push it. For me it was a case of safe not sorry. Also I think it depends whether your GP gives a feck.
This is just what my doctor told me yesterday,but we are lucky here we have very good GPs.
They have the time,and always follow everything up till there is a solution.
Old 13-02-2018, 08:45 PM

Aguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good luck El G
Keep pushing for a result. I think as blokes we tend to shrug these things off, not wanting to make a fuss etc. But it’s your bod, so you’ve a right to know what’s going on. I’ve managed to nip cancer in the bud twice now by just being vigilant.
Old 13-02-2018, 08:46 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Good luck El G
Keep pushing for a result. I think as blokes we tend to shrug these things off, not wanting to make a fuss etc. But itís your bod, so youíve a right to know whatís going on. Iíve managed to nip cancer in the bud twice now by just being vigilant.
Good for you...
Old 13-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Biggin
PSA as you say is a good indicator of problems but by no means fail safe. It all depends on other symptoms like peeing more than usual.
My PSA was 9 and my GP sent me for an MRI which also picked nothing up.
So had a template biopsy and wallop, stage 3 cancer. So itís all a bit hit and miss. My advice is if youíre concerned enough, get a biopsy done and youíll know for certain.
Guys with PSA of 4/5 can have cancer, and guys with 20 plus might not have it. It just depends on much you want to push it. For me it was a case of safe not sorry. Also I think it depends whether your GP gives a feck.
Ta AL I need to go at least a few times at night along with occasional sudden urges to go. It is still ongoing with the dr atm and I think he is on the case, with your advice I shall make sure he is.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 13-02-2018, 08:56 PM

Maidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My Urologist has created a good website on the subject at To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-02-2018, 09:25 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Prostrate anyone have it /had it?

My PSA was fine but still have the enlarged prostrate which causes me to urinate a lot - have the ultrasound on Thursday. Doc has recommended a new drug to shrink the prostrate when I remember what is called I post it up.
Andyofcpfc get yourself checked mate that was my symptoms too.

Last edited by cantspell; 13-02-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 13-02-2018, 09:28 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
I am sitting waiting for a blood test now. My psa was high but is now 2.5 . Doc tells me like all cancers some are aggressive and some not so. So i have been getting regular checks to monitor it. Original guy was all for whipping itf out asap . Touch wood i might die before it ki lls me
Old 13-02-2018, 09:40 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
If you have to get up several times a night or don't empty your bladder, see your doctor.

I go about 3-4 times a night and one beer equals about 4-5 wees. I've been like this for a few years and I'm only 33 so odds are I've just got a weak bladder. No matter how many times I go it never feels empty.

How reliable is PSA testing? I've heard different things.
Old 13-02-2018, 09:41 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
I am sitting waiting for a blood test now. My psa was high but is now 2.5 . Doc tells me like all cancers some are aggressive and some not so. So i have been getting regular checks to monitor it. Original guy was all for whipping itf out asap . Touch wood i might die before it ki lls me
Good on you for looking after yourself and getting the check ups. I know so many people that avoid docs like the plague.
Old 13-02-2018, 09:51 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Prostrate anyone have it /had it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
My PSA was fine but still have the enlarged prostrate which causes me to urinate a lot - have the ultrasound on Thursday. Doc has recommended a new drug to shrink the prostrate when I remember what is called I post it up.
Andyofcpfc get yourself checked mate that was my symptoms too.

Yes, I think I will now. Sometimes I donít need to get up in the night it has to be said, but Iím 100% going to the toilet more than I ever used to. Thanks for your advice. When Iím drinking beer, Iím in every half an hour although maybe thatís more predicable. I suppose thatís the Ďbreaking the sealí saying though.

Is there any other symptoms you had, like pain weeing, blood etc. I donít have either of those but do feel at times Iím not ready to finish when I do in fact finish.
Old 13-02-2018, 11:26 PM

Aguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstonecpfc View Post
My Urologist has created a good website on the subject at To view the link you have to Register or Login
This fellow did my prostate op at KIMS in Maidstone, couldnít but recommend him highly enough. His website well worth a check. Gives all the info you need. Very pro active and a funny guy as well
Old 14-02-2018, 08:13 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post

I go about 3-4 times a night and one beer equals about 4-5 wees. I've been like this for a few years and I'm only 33 so odds are I've just got a weak bladder. No matter how many times I go it never feels empty.

How reliable is PSA testing? I've heard different things.
Its a bit and miss its not definite, if its below 1 you probably haven't got cancer if its above 10 you probably have.

At 33 you probably haven't.
Old 14-02-2018, 01:34 PM

Maidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
This fellow did my prostate op at KIMS in Maidstone, couldnít but recommend him highly enough. His website well worth a check. Gives all the info you need. Very pro active and a funny guy as well
Yeah he’s a great guy and removing mine at the same hospital next week.
Old 14-02-2018, 01:49 PM

Good luck M,
Let know if you need any advice, I’ll be please to help.
Old 14-02-2018, 02:13 PM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I need to find whereI can get this done, here in Spain

I think you will find it will still be up your Ar*e
Old 15-02-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Good luck M,
Let know if you need any advice, I’ll be please to help.
Thanks, well I know it’s a bit late now to change my mind with the operation planned for next Tuesday but what’s life like post op? I think I lead a fairly normal life at the moment albeit a bit of binge drinking on a Saturday night with the Mrs. I’m kind of hoping that life will carry on as normal but in moderation of course.....
Old 15-02-2018, 05:31 PM

M
Donohue will give you the heads up after the op.
Having a catheter is a bind for a few weeks, and when they pull it out, close your eyes and think of England. Just remember to do your core exercises religiously to get your bladder working again, otherwise you’ll be wearing pads for some time. Hopefully you won’t have too much nerve damage so you can resume “normal activities” after a while. But don’t worry as he’ll prescibe you daily Viagra.
All the best
Old 16-02-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
M
Donohue will give you the heads up after the op.
Having a catheter is a bind for a few weeks, and when they pull it out, close your eyes and think of England. Just remember to do your core exercises religiously to get your bladder working again, otherwise youíll be wearing pads for some time. Hopefully you wonít have too much nerve damage so you can resume ďnormal activitiesĒ after a while. But donít worry as heíll prescibe you daily Viagra.
All the best
Cheers thatís very reassuring
Old 16-02-2018, 01:32 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Had the ultrasound yesterday and the radio therapist should me the size of it - seemed massive and putting the bladder under huge pressure . Only about 2/3 of the bladder empties - he referred me back to the gp for next steps as he advised there are remedies these days.

The drug the 1st gp mentioned was finastercide which apparently shrinks it. Whereas the drug I am on just relieves symptoms.
By the way Aguila 2 pints is about the most I can have these days
Old 06-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Transperineal biopsy Monday, bricking it.