Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-08-2018, 02:14 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
He reminds me a little of Andy Preece.

Which I mean as less of a criticism than you might think.
He is one of those players I have completely forgotten about in terms of ability but Sorloth can do some things well and will improve with coaching
Old 29-08-2018, 02:17 PM

steeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Looking at him I would suggest another David Swindlehurst.

Took him a while to get going and some stern words from Big Malcolm but an ideal centre forward IMO.
Old 29-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Do you mean that he does nothing in the league but smashes them in the league cup?

Or you thinking more actual style - Either way sounds like a criticism to me
I think it's something around showing some nice touches, but needed to show a bit more aggression. And being left-footed.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 29-08-2018, 02:47 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
It is a clear racist comment so it is not a dig. Just confirms why some people go off to certain countries with a history of such things. Russia was too cold for him
Yes, because the UK has no history of racism.
Old 29-08-2018, 03:06 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleye20 View Post
Looking at him I would suggest another David Swindlehurst.

Took him a while to get going and some stern words from Big Malcolm but an ideal centre forward IMO.
Funny you say that, I was going to post the same.

Scored many many goals, but always seemed to be fighting for acceptance, and always trying to be replaced.

Certainly a hero of mine, but others around us at the game would moan a lot about him... another Marmite player I guess (Along with Gayle).
Old 29-08-2018, 03:14 PM

X75 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineX75 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineX75 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineX75 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineX75 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineX75 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineX75 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineX75 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineX75 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineX75 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineX75 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My god some of the comments on this thread are completely mental.

Sørloth is young, learning and is neither the messiah or a very naughty boy. We may or may not have a good striker on our hands but it is way to early to tell.

As for those constantly criticising Benteke remember...
(1) his goal return in his first season was good and better than could be expected under Pardew with his lack of tactics.
(2) his second season was interrupted by injuries to himself and (this get overlooked) injuries to the squad that left us no option but to change to a formation that was a compromise around who was fit. This meant that we were not playing to his strength (big man up top) for large parts of the season.

That said we should expect more than 3 goals a season from our main striker and hopefully, with continued game time, he will return to form. Certainly I think he was unlucky not to come away with a goal against Watford.

I was very encouraged by the change in formation when Mayer came on on Sunday and the introduction of Townsend Yesterday evening, proved again that big centre forwards have better success when we play wingers.

Ayew will get game time but until we see how he fits in, it is impossible to say how he will perform in our team.
Old 29-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Landlord

Son of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
It is a clear racist comment so it is not a dig. Just confirms why some people go off to certain countries with a history of such things. Russia was too cold for him
I thought of it more as a "Whoooosh!"
Old 29-08-2018, 04:21 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Glad he scored, but can anyone honestly say when he gets the ball in the box you're thinking 'theres a chance here'.

Against a pretty mediocre Swansea side he should have been showing he can be the man, but he really didn't stamp any authority on the game or his position

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 29-08-2018, 04:38 PM

Mr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Glad he scored, but can anyone honestly say when he gets the ball in the box you're thinking 'theres a chance here'.

Against a pretty mediocre Swansea side he should have been showing he can be the man, but he really didn't stamp any authority on the game or his position
This for me too. Green shoots of potential are there and I'm optimistic for him, but he doesn't look close to being ready to assume the number 9 role in the Prem first XI yet.
Old 29-08-2018, 04:45 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Encouraging comments from Roy here:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-08-2018, 07:03 PM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
Quote:

But the Benteke supporters always use the excuse that he gets no decent service and that's why he doesn't score. However last night Sorloth managed to score with no Wilf, no PVA, and no Townsend for much of the game. Give the boy a chance with our creative players playing and see how he does. The only time that has really happened was Chelsea away last season where he played 45 minutes and was excellent.
Old 29-08-2018, 07:21 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Unlike CB who we all think will score every time he gets the ball and we have be thinking it for a year. Give Sorloth a chance give Ayew a chance, CB is a good player maybe he needs to watch a few games.
Old 29-08-2018, 08:51 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Sorloth isn’t very good on the evidence we have seen so far. Still waiting to be convinced otherwise. He’d certainly not be ahead of ayew in my book.
Old 29-08-2018, 09:05 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Sorloth isn’t very good on the evidence we have seen so far. Still waiting to be convinced otherwise. He’d certainly not be ahead of ayew in my book.

How do you find out if a young player can cut it in a foreign league?
Old 29-08-2018, 09:35 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
But the Benteke supporters always use the excuse that he gets no decent service and that's why he doesn't score. However last night Sorloth managed to score with no Wilf, no PVA, and no Townsend for much of the game. Give the boy a chance with our creative players playing and see how he does. The only time that has really happened was Chelsea away last season where he played 45 minutes and was excellent.
Because Wilf, Andros and PVA have been creating chances this season?
Old 29-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Is the answer buy him six months before you actually did for a fraction of what you actually paid for him and then loan him somewhere?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 30-08-2018, 06:30 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Because Wilf, Andros and PVA have been creating chances this season?
Well Andros created two clear cut chances for Benteke in the first 20 minutes on Sunday for a start
Old 30-08-2018, 06:36 AM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post

You get lots of expert opinions. Watching the Man City documentary on Amazon it just strikes me how many staff they employ around the manager.
Old 30-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Benteke can do one thing and one thing only, that's head the ball. That would be fine if our wingers were instructed to get to the bye line and chuck it over. It seems Wilf plays down the middle and tries to get into the box and AT predominantly cuts in, neither much use to Benteke. He has to make do with occasional forays from PVA and AWB.
Lets make a list of what he can't do, hold the ball up, physically pressure the CB, make a decent pass, turn with his back to goal (there's supertankers in the channel that can do that faster). It seems to me he doesn't fit our style of play and doesn't have the ability to create his own chances. It's why he only got 2 goals from open play last year.

Sorloth does most of that to some extent, although not challenging the CB's physically. He's young enough to improve with experience. I don't see a shed load of goals but I for sure see more than 2 in a season.

I'd have no hesitation in starting him with Benteke on the bench for the last 15mins long ball game.
Old 30-08-2018, 09:10 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
He's played 32 minutes in the League so far and those were in the tail end of three games. Bonkers to write him off so early.