Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:41 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post
... The only think that worries me is the amount of padding to his arm. Is he carrying an injury? If so it makes some of his saves even better.
In the video on the Palace website when Camarasa signed there was a shot of him and Guaita talking and Guaita was pointing to his arm and to me gave the impression he was explaining some sort of injury.

Obviously not hindering his play (yet), and hopefully all the bandaging is precautionary.

Ignore me... I just found the video, and he is indicating he has a leg problem not an arm!
Old 06-10-2019, 08:52 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle View Post
It was the same on Sky with Carragher saying what a poor shot it was from Haller with no credit at all to VG.
Over on TalkShite Guaita "knew nothing about it".

FFS. He was in the right place at the right time and gave the striker nothing to shoot at but his body. Why? Because he's class.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:00 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Over on TalkShite Guaita "knew nothing about it".

FFS. He was in the right place at the right time and gave the striker nothing to shoot at but his body. Why? Because he's class.
Said the same thing at the time.

Also said if it was De Gea they would be creaming themselves silly over it.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:33 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
So nice to finally have a reliable 'keeper.

Why it took so long to get him in the starting 11 is beyond me, but he's here now and he's great.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:37 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

Why it took so long to get him in the starting 11 is beyond me, but he's here now and he's great.
I am sure there is always a reason I'd have a guess maybe because of the risk of throwing him into a different league and getting off to a shit start and ruining his confidence before he had a chance to get started like Mandanda wasn't worth it until he was ready and confident.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 07-10-2019, 09:41 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I am sure there is always a reason I'd have a guess maybe because of the risk of throwing him into a different league and getting off to a shit start and ruining his confidence before he had a chance to get started like Mandanda wasn't worth it until he was ready and confident.
Mandanda was fine IMO. He just didn't want to be here!

Anyway that's a discussion for another day...

I suppose it made sense to integrate Guaita into the side slowly given how important our defensive structure is (and the fact he'd never played in England before). I'm just looking at it from a black and white point of view (i.e. he's ten times the 'keeper WH is).

We're lucky he's 32 otherwise we may have struggled to hold onto him. He's a class act.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:15 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Mandanda was fine IMO. He just didn't want to be here!

Anyway that's a discussion for another day...

I suppose it made sense to integrate Guaita into the side slowly given how important our defensive structure is (and the fact he'd never played in England before). I'm just looking at it from a black and white point of view (i.e. he's ten times the 'keeper WH is).

We're lucky he's 32 otherwise we may have struggled to hold onto him. He's a class act.
Mandanda was absolute pony, and didn't want to be here, a double whammy
Old 07-10-2019, 11:04 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
It seems weird not opening the BBS and the Hennessey thread not being top in the GPD forum. Been quite a while now.

Who was it that was so pro Henn? Was it owngoal? Not seen him on here for ages.

Last edited by andyocpfc; 07-10-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:20 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
It seems weird not opening the BBS and the Hennessey thread not being top in the GPD forum. Been quite a while now.

Who was it that was so pro Henn? Was it owngoal? Not seen him on here for ages.
He got banned. Has a new account called johnsonpen, but needs to behave himself or he’ll probably get banned again.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:25 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
This guy has the potential to be top class. They are talking about Fabianski being in the top 6 keepers in the league and Guaita is just as good. Has looked completely different this season. Great work getting him in
Old 07-10-2019, 11:27 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
This guy has the potential to be top class. They are talking about Fabianski being in the top 6 keepers in the league and Guaita is just as good. Has looked completely different this season. Great work getting him in
Think he’s behind Allison, Ederson and De Gea (form is temporary, class is permanent) and on a par with Lloris, Leno, Fabianski and Patricio.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:28 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
I really think this guy will be our new Speroni and our keeper for a good few years to go, shame we didn't get him when he was younger but hopefully will be our solid number 1 for the next 3-4 seasons.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 07-10-2019, 11:29 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:

Language barrier in a position where communication is key. Bedding a new keeper in takes time in whats a high pressure position to play. I think Roy has played a blinder

As for Guaita. Well im not one to jump on a bandwagon just because a player is foreign or played for X club however he really is a class keeper. Finally a Speroni replacement.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:31 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
...and I also love him because he was so nice to my son who walked out with him at home to Bournemouth at the end of last season...
Old 07-10-2019, 12:10 PM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Think he’s behind Allison, Ederson and De Gea (form is temporary, class is permanent) and on a par with Lloris, Leno, Fabianski and Patricio.
Hes better than Leno. Hes also playing in front of a better defence than Leno
Old 07-10-2019, 12:12 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Best keeper in the league.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
Hes better than Leno. Hes also playing in front of a better defence than Leno
Exactly, that’s a minus point for Guaita. Playing in front of a better defence which throws bodies in the way and generally sits deep. While Leno is routinely left in no man’s land by Arsenal’s defence sitting with their thumbs up their arses too far up the pitch.

It’s why Burnley’s keepers usually look fantastic. Even an over the hill Joe Hart found okay form there. We’re not quite a Burnley, but we’re definitely closer to them in defensive structure than arsenal.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 07-10-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:16 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Nice celebration from him when the winning goal was given .
Old 07-10-2019, 12:26 PM

cpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Nice celebration from him when the winning goal was given .
Wheres the video of this. Cheers
Old 07-10-2019, 12:44 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's brilliant isn't he? Towards the end of the game when they started launching balls into the box, he gives everyone the feeling of calm, knowing he'll either claim it or punch it whereas with WH, I'd have been biting my nails off that he'd leg it 15 yards off his line and miss the ball completely.

Also a big shout for Vicente's "I am the GOALKEEPER of CRYSTAL PALACE!!!" tweet after the game. Absolutely accurate information.