Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-10-2019, 12:25 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
Here is the video that I have seen
To view the link you have to Register or Login

He does kick out before the guy gets to him but acting in self defence does not mean that you have to wait to be attacked before you can use reasonable force.

The problem that the protester has in my eyes is that he was acting illegally in the first instance and should expect to be removed or attacked, would he have acted in the same way if a policeman was trying to remove him ?
Almost certainly; the thing with a lot of these protestors is, that because they feel their cause is morally right (in the cas of XR they may be correct) that gives them the right to do whatever they please and sod the consequences and affect their actions have on others.

Last edited by SA Eagle; 17-10-2019 at 12:41 PM.
Old 17-10-2019, 12:54 PM
SE26

The Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You cant escape this subject at the moment, everywhere I go people are discussing it.

This Human caused climate change emergency will go down as one of the biggest scams in modern history. By then it will be too late though we'll all be paying more tax and the UNs agenda 21/30 will be rolled out.
Old 17-10-2019, 01:06 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Enough about the protester aiming a head kick.
People going on about this as though it justifies 10 people piling into him when he's on the floor after getting dragged off the train. What kind of savage, lynch mob type society do you people want to live in?

The protestor was clearly being a knobhead, i don't think there's any disagreement on that. If the bloke he kicked out at wanted to lamp him then fine. But it's just cowardly for all those people to jump in while the guy is on the floor. In the video i saw an innocent woman ends up getting accidentally kicked by someone trying to get in on it.

Really not the sort of scene you'd see in a civilised society.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 17-10-2019, 01:13 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post
I agree with the basic idea of XR - the climate is going to hell in a hand cart and we need to do something about it now - and I can even (sort of) sympathise with their attempts to stop traffic in Central London.

However, trying to disrupt the Tube & DLR has me scratching my head more than somewhat.

It takes a special kind of f*ckwittery to think that the best way to persuade people to switch to cleaner, more environmentally friendly modes of transport is to disrupt one of those very modes of transport.

If anything, XR activists should be stood outside Tube stations thanking commuters for using an electrically powered mass transit system rather than using cars or diesel powered buses...
Agreed

SaulAlinsky
Old 17-10-2019, 01:19 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
God you’re dull

Do everyone a favour and just don’t bother
Why bring God into it? Like you speak for everyone. Get over yourself.

SaulAlinsky
Old 17-10-2019, 01:39 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I have a number of problems with the idiots who protested on top of the train. They were putting themselves in danger. By refusing to come down it meant that someone would have had to risk themselves to bring them down. They delayed people who need to earn a living from getting to work and above all, there are a number of vital public services that would have had workers on the platform. Hospital staff etc.
Old 17-10-2019, 01:45 PM

Dutch O has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Dutch O has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Dutch O has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Dutch O has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Dutch O has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Dutch O has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Dutch O has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Dutch O has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Dutch O has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Dutch O has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Dutch O has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Fwiw XR voted overwhelming against action on the tube system. Whether these people decided to take matters in to their own hands or they were plants I don't know, but they didn't represent the will of XR as a whole
Old 17-10-2019, 01:51 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I have a number of problems with the idiots who protested on top of the train. They were putting themselves in danger. By refusing to come down it meant that someone would have had to risk themselves to bring them down. They delayed people who need to earn a living from getting to work and above all, there are a number of vital public services that would have had workers on the platform. Hospital staff etc.
I have a number of problems with the idiots who protested on top of the train. They were putting themselves in danger. They don't care as they feel saving the planet is more importantBy refusing to come down it meant that someone would have had to risk themselves to bring them down. They don't care as they feel saving the planet is more importantThey delayed people who need to earn a living from getting to work and above all, there are a number of vital public services that would have had workers on the platform. Hospital staff etc. They don't care as they feel saving the planet is more important

When everything is framed through the lens of "They don't care as they feel saving the planet is more important" it is difficult to find an argument persuasive enough to get them to stop doing what they are doing.

It's a shame they didn't think this one through properly as it is simply silly to try to disrupt public transport given their aims and runs the risk of alienating the public who largely have been supportive.

I am a tad surprised that you condemn the protestors who disrupted people rather than (or also) condemning the people who kicked the shit out of them.
Old 17-10-2019, 01:53 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Agreed, but along with highlighting the issue and showing where the UK should be doing more to reduce fossil fuels, isn't that the point? Disrupt big businesses and their workers enough so that it starts becoming more financially viable to utilise 'greener' ways of running..?!
Old 17-10-2019, 02:32 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sniper View Post
You cant escape this subject at the moment, everywhere I go people are discussing it.

This Human caused climate change emergency will go down as one of the biggest scams in modern history. By then it will be too late though we'll all be paying more tax and the UNs agenda 21/30 will be rolled out.
Fvck off.
Old 17-10-2019, 03:00 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
People going on about this as though it justifies 10 people piling into him when he's on the floor after getting dragged off the train. What kind of savage, lynch mob type society do you people want to live in?

The protestor was clearly being a knobhead, i don't think there's any disagreement on that. If the bloke he kicked out at wanted to lamp him then fine. But it's just cowardly for all those people to jump in while the guy is on the floor. In the video i saw an innocent woman ends up getting accidentally kicked by someone trying to get in on it.

Really not the sort of scene you'd see in a civilised society.
Since 2016 the UK has been heading rapidly away from a civilised society
Old 17-10-2019, 03:24 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
“self-defence” is absolute nonsense.

The XR guy could have side stepped anybody trying to grab him. Instead he booted someone. This totally escalated the situation, everybody there were already clearly antagonised , and it went wild after that. The footage isn’t just as they have got onto the carriage, they had been up there for a while, and the crowd eventually took it upon themselves to resolve it. The protesters were lucky they never got hurt and stupidly climbed onto a carriage of their own free will. There were no police, and the station staff are not trained to deal with idiocy.

What ever your views on whether the climate change is real, or not…. I’ve seen more than grown men exchanging blows and wrestling on the floor before picking up their briefcases and going on their way. I have seen 5 people prizing two (more than who should know better) ladies from each other’s greying hair. I have seen all sorts at rush hour, people kicking through tube barriers, so much to list. Totally normal people frothing at the teeth. You have no idea what is going on in their lives, the news they’ve had, how urgently they need to get somewhere – the bad morning they’ve had or what have you. But rush hour when every is packed-in together, with delays is a tinderbox waiting to happen, and it regularly does boil over. It’s worse than any football crowd I’ve been in – which is always a large % of posturing hangers on. So for this – totally avoidable delay, these two just picked the wrong crowd at the wrong time. So don’t look at it in isolation – this is a standard commuting crowd, believe it or not – not a break down in society.

I am just totally unsurprised by the reaction. I am only surprised it’s not happened previously. And to do it in Newham, really…. Middle class Rupert turning up there, stopping the average man from earning his bread. PR disaster.
Old 17-10-2019, 03:28 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sniper View Post

You will get abuse on here having those views I found out to my cost yesterday. I was compared to a holocaust denier.

Fun facts:-

1. Termites produce 10 times the amount of CO2 than humans.
2. House plant Mothering Laws Tounge is one of the most successful plants converting CO2 into Oxygen.
Old 17-10-2019, 03:41 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
You will get abuse on here having those views I found out to my cost yesterday. I was compared to a holocaust denier.
You’re just like a Holocaust denier. Or a flat earther. Pick any sect of conspiracy theorists you like, it’s all the same shit.
Old 17-10-2019, 03:51 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
“self-defence” is absolute nonsense.

The XR guy could have side stepped anybody trying to grab him. Instead he booted someone. This totally escalated the situation, everybody there were already clearly antagonised , and it went wild after that. The footage isn’t just as they have got onto the carriage, they had been up there for a while, and the crowd eventually took it upon themselves to resolve it. The protesters were lucky they never got hurt and stupidly climbed onto a carriage of their own free will. There were no police, and the station staff are not trained to deal with idiocy.

What ever your views on whether the climate change is real, or not…. I’ve seen more than grown men exchanging blows and wrestling on the floor before picking up their briefcases and going on their way. I have seen 5 people prizing two (more than who should know better) ladies from each other’s greying hair. I have seen all sorts at rush hour, people kicking through tube barriers, so much to list. Totally normal people frothing at the teeth. You have no idea what is going on in their lives, the news they’ve had, how urgently they need to get somewhere – the bad morning they’ve had or what have you. But rush hour when every is packed-in together, with delays is a tinderbox waiting to happen, and it regularly does boil over. It’s worse than any football crowd I’ve been in – which is always a large % of posturing hangers on. So for this – totally avoidable delay, these two just picked the wrong crowd at the wrong time. So don’t look at it in isolation – this is a standard commuting crowd, believe it or not – not a break down in society.

I am just totally unsurprised by the reaction. I am only surprised it’s not happened previously. And to do it in Newham, really…. Middle class Rupert turning up there, stopping the average man from earning his bread. PR disaster.
I am wondering if the police not stamping the previous actions of the protesters out , ie spraying the red dye all over a government building, causing mayhem in central london on numerous occasions, etc etc, has given them a feeling of being untouchable ? I think most of us agree with their cause , and maybe they have taken this as a green light that people are ok with having their lives impacted by demonstrations. I don't think too many want their lives interrupted in the way they have been, and if they want to keep joe public onside, then alternate ways have to be found . Perhaps demonstrating outside official buildings of countries with far worse records than ours will help ?

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 17-10-2019, 03:58 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
I do hope that George Monbiot, who was arrested yesterday, hasn't accidentally fallen down the stairs or out of a window.
Old 17-10-2019, 04:20 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:

Fun facts:-

1. Termites produce 10 times the amount of CO2 than humans.
2. House plant Mothering Laws Tounge is one of the most successful plants converting CO2 into Oxygen.
The BBS is totally 'unreasonable' at the moment on climate, political and social threads You cannot give an opposing view without being shot down with insults and crap assumptions.

Its way too left wing.

Dont waste your breath
Old 17-10-2019, 04:23 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
You’re just like a Holocaust denier. Or a flat earther. Pick any sect of conspiracy theorists you like, it’s all the same shit.
The trouble with today is that opinions are polarised. Discussion is shut down. Just because we do not share a view does not mean we should not be able to debate things, I share a lot of concerns with others on here around the environment and the need to clean up the planet.

Where I diverge with many is that my view is anthropogenic climate change is overstated. The world is not going to end due to CO2 rises.

Here is a conspiracy theory for you, XR is a pawn being used by the very powers they are against. It will be infiltrated by those who will misinform and take advantage of people with misguided good intentions.
Old 17-10-2019, 04:28 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Since 2016 the UK has been heading rapidly away from a civilised society
You're seriously blaming this sort of thing on Brexit?
Old 17-10-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
The trouble with today is that opinions are polarised. Discussion is shut down. Just because we do not share a view does not mean we should not be able to debate things, I share a lot of concerns with others on here around the environment and the need to clean up the planet.

Where I diverge with many is that my view is anthropogenic climate change is overstated. The world is not going to end due to CO2 rises.

Here is a conspiracy theory for you, XR is a pawn being used by the very powers they are against. It will be infiltrated by those who will misinform and take advantage of people with misguided good intentions.
As if you’re trying to portray your beliefs as a reasonable point of view. You just stated that ‘Termites produce 10 times the amount of CO2 than humans.’