Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 08-05-2019, 10:31 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I forgot about your blues thing. That makes perfect sense.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:20 AM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
Clueless twat
He's never got over the fact that Mumford and Sons didn't become The Wurzels mk2

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:12 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I forgot about your blues thing. That makes perfect sense.
Could we say first and last, The Doors and LA Woman and be done with it?
Old 09-05-2019, 02:35 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
They are a bit marmite. The first two LPs are tremendous. After that, with a couple of exceptions, they disappeared up Morrison's voluminous arse.

The National are a band I persevered with a bit, but I just found them intensely annoying in the end. Same with British Sea Power.
I struggled with the first few Mercury Rev albums, and then fell in love with them after the line-up change and 'Deserters Songs'.

Hawkwind I adored, until about 1978. The loss of Calvert and others did it for me, and it truly becoming the Dave Brock show. Sam Fox, for f*ck's sake?
LA woman is an excellent album

SaulAlinsky
Old 09-05-2019, 02:36 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
Makes sense to me

SaulAlinsky
Old 09-05-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Cream, I get the impression that they took themselves far too seriously and probably influenced Paul Weller.
Their heads imploded after Hendrix showed them how to play Sunshine of your love on the lulu show.

SaulAlinsky
Old 09-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Furry muff.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:52 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not for me.
Strange Days is my favourite.
So you can say 1st, 2nd, and (begrudgingly) last.
Old 15-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Middle class left.

I got the Doors remasters on the back of this, six albums for 25 quid. Bloody good job they did, as well, or rather, Botnick did. Think he’s tinkered with the mix as well, but un a good way.
Old 16-05-2019, 12:41 PM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Queen. U2 and The Police
Old 16-05-2019, 01:41 PM
Send Nudes

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Their heads imploded after Hendrix showed them how to play Sunshine of your love on the lulu show.
fact

We are a plastic little South Coast club with middle class nimby supporters.

Oops I've gone and said itĒ
Old 16-05-2019, 06:20 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
I never really got The Jam/Paul Weller. Made even worse by the dickhead Gary Crowley creaming his jeans over them every five minutes. Made me switch off entirely.

The only saving grace in later years was David Cameron totally not getting 'Eton Rifles'.
Old 16-05-2019, 07:05 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Is Diana Krall highly rated? Listened to a few tracks , sounded a bit like musak to me.
Old 16-05-2019, 11:19 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
I never really got The Jam/Paul Weller. Made even worse by the dickhead Gary Crowley creaming his jeans over them every five minutes. Made me switch off entirely.

The only saving grace in later years was David Cameron totally not getting 'Eton Rifles'.
Totally agree on the Jam and Welller, The Style Council was the only work of his which I liked.
Old 17-05-2019, 12:14 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When Bowie and Prince died in quick succession, it seemed everybody was hailing them as their favourite artists of all time. Bowie definitely has a few great songs, but I couldn't listen to a whole album. And Prince has never done anything at all for me.
Old 17-05-2019, 12:15 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Also as mentioned about, can't stand The Jam or The Clash. Or the Stones.
Old 17-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cocteau Twins, Stereolab & Teenage Fanclub. they're fine but people seem to rave about them.

Libertines too
Old 22-05-2019, 01:05 PM

Sakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSakhalin Rich : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cocteau Twins, Stereolab & Teenage Fanclub. they're fine but people seem to rave about them.

I'm with you re Teenage Fanclub and Cocteau Twins, but Stereolab are sadly underrated, at least in terms of record sales. Some of their later stuff is no more than pleasant noodlings, but they have at least 20 brilliant songs - Crest, Super Falling Star, Orgiastic, Super Electric, Fluorescences, Pinball, Heavy Denim, Changer, Hallucinex, Three Dee Melodie, French Disko, Ping Pong - won't list them all!

Mary Hansen and Laetitia Sadier harmonised beautifully. Their 91 Peel session is perfect evidence of this. RIP, Mary.
Old 22-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
I love the Cocteau Twins.
Old 22-05-2019, 01:36 PM

Radiohead - mainly leave me cold and uninvolved

SaulAlinsky