Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 31-08-2019, 06:28 PM

eagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
When he didn’t try for that ball in the 2nd half and just stood there and looked was enough for me.

He doesn’t want to be here
Was this the pass from Ward? I thought he left it because he looked miles offside and was shocked when people started screaming at him for it because it looked so obvious. Might be wrong, was hard to tell from the Holmesdale
Old 31-08-2019, 06:32 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles2345 View Post
Was this the pass from Ward? I thought he left it because he looked miles offside and was shocked when people started screaming at him for it because it looked so obvious. Might be wrong, was hard to tell from the Holmesdale
Thats what I thought he didn't realise he was on side. The booing was a disgrace though.
Old 31-08-2019, 06:48 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Trying to remember the sequence of events but I believe Wilf had put a cross in that was blocked and he was very slow in coming back. Villa gave the ball away and he certainly appeared to think he was offside when the ball was passed to him so he made no attempt to play it.

From where I stood the shouting was more about his failure to get back onside when we had the ball.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 31-08-2019, 07:10 PM

Shipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Trying to remember the sequence of events but I believe Wilf had put a cross in that was blocked and he was very slow in coming back. Villa gave the ball away and he certainly appeared to think he was offside when the ball was passed to him so he made no attempt to play it.

From where I stood the shouting was more about his failure to get back onside when we had the ball.
Spot on, he was just wandering back. No urgency to get back onside
Old 31-08-2019, 07:30 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
And I memorize words when I don't know them, primarily because my job is based on words.

It's up to everybody to decide how well they wish to write or speak but to use an expression like 'sophistry,' ( sorry again ) which is not that obscure a term and has few alternate synonyms ( sorry again -but there's few synonyms to the word 'Synonym' ) is hardly an act of pretension. ( again -few alternate synonyms )

I think using a few high-falutin' terms ( look at how generous I am - an Americanism for easy digestion ) is actually a good idea. A wide vocabulary allows the rapid exchange of information of usually complex concepts. And since when has the BBS been about being declasse or baseborn expression? We have some very good writers here just like we have people who willfully avoid any form of punctuation whatsoever, making reading what they write a real chore.

Anyway, we won today, so now is the time for felicitations rather than ructions or donnybrook!
Fair dinkum mate...
Old 31-08-2019, 07:42 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Careful. You'll have Langers after you.

TBF, Zaha improved today and I remember seeing him trying to go past players twice and risk injury. One of those times got the Villa lad sent off.

Just got in from the game and I'm glad to read that Wilf is starting to allay your suspicions of an attitude problem - he was better against Man United and decent again today - bottled out of a 50:50 and sloppy with his final ball but always a threat.

If we can maintain this run of results then his best chance of playing champions league is with Palace
Old 31-08-2019, 07:47 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
When he didn’t try for that ball in the 2nd half and just stood there and looked was enough for me.

He doesn’t want to be here
He was a mile offside ffs.

But you just carry on seeing what you want to see if it makes you feel better.
Old 31-08-2019, 07:47 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
He was pretty lazy until they went down to ten men. Got a bollocking from a few of our players and that time he couldnt be arsed to strolled back from offside was piss poor. Being shown up by a £3m player at the moment. Got a lot to do if he wants a move.
Old 31-08-2019, 07:55 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He was ok today and pretty decent work rate but not really seen the explosive talent we know he is capable of showing so far.

Need to be patient as he didn't really have any pre season but we shall see.

Early days but at this rate he will be staying with us till at least the end of the season as can't see too many big teams coming in for him unless he improves his performances.
Old 31-08-2019, 08:12 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Wilf was a constant thorn in the side of a very dirty Villa team.

He made no attempt to gather a loose ball as if he had touched it he would have been deemed active and ruled offside.

Haters will be haters but today he was very good in the second half and did not get riled after being on the receiving end of some poor challenges.

Palace fully deserved the win today and the signs are promising as we have carried on our fine form since last February and look very solid and difficult to break down with just 2 goals conceded in our first 4 Premier League games and tonight we sit proudly 4th in the table and the top team in London with the best defensive record in the division.

COYP
Old 31-08-2019, 08:12 PM

alf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wilf may not be playing at his previous best but I thought he did a good job for us today. He was a constant threat down the wing especially in the second half and was also the reason Villa ended with only 10 men on the pitch. A lot of the work that he did in their penalty area didn't quite come off but on another day he may have been involved in a couple of goals or more. He did appear frustrated with his own team mates at times but all said and done I thought he worked hard until the final whistle.
Old 31-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
He was a mile offside ffs.

But you just carry on seeing what you want to see if it makes you feel better.
Yes he was, it was right in front of me and I went mental at him... Not because he didn't go for the ball but because from the second we lost the ball he slowly got up and barely strolled back especially when we won it back!

He had a good 5-10 seconds to get himself on side as we advanced up the pitch but not for one second did he look like he cared. It was obvious what was going on and we were all shouting for him to get back but he continued trotting...

Ward shouldn't have made the pass but we would have gone mental equally had we lost the ball if he hadn't made it because he had no option available thanks to Wilf shrugging his shoulders at the idea of running.

His performance overall was a lot better but the fans were absolutely right to scream at him for that.
Old 31-08-2019, 08:19 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post

Just got in from the game and I'm glad to read that Wilf is starting to allay your suspicions of an attitude problem - he was better against Man United and decent again today - bottled out of a 50:50 and sloppy with his final ball but always a threat.

If we can maintain this run of results then his best chance of playing champions league is with Palace
He hasn't allayed them yet. I'm reserving judgement for the moment until any doubts about fitness/ sharpness can be put aside. It's also true that even Zaha has dips in form so he may well ( and should ) improve. But he still doesn't look like the player who was so dangerous due to a hunger, let alone willingness, to directly take on players.

I'm still not sure his heart is really with us but hopefully his natural competitiveness will win through. God knows we need him.

Yes, ironic that we are higher than both Arse and Ever-who? But might not be for long with the games we have coming up.
Old 31-08-2019, 08:21 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post

He made no attempt to gather a loose ball as if he had touched it he would have been deemed active and ruled offside.

Haters will be haters but today he was very good in the second half and did not get riled after being on the receiving end of some poor challenges.

Palace fully deserved the win today and the signs are promising as we have carried on our fine form since last February and look very solid and difficult to break down with just 2 goals conceded in our first 4 Premier League games and tonight we sit proudly 4th in the table and the top team in London with the best defensive record in the division.

COYP
I wish I lived in your world.

I bet you don't even see the black on a zebra crossing!
Old 31-08-2019, 08:41 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Southgate

I suggest that you look at the Premier League table as you will see Palace proudly sitting in 4th place with just 2 goals conceded in 4 games.

Palace have also won 6 of their last 7 away games and only Liverpool and Man City have won more points than Palace since February and Wilf has been involved in many of those games.

Time to drop your negative agenda and look at the hard facts that Palace are a very good in-form team and have been for months.

COYP
Old 31-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post

COYP

Well summed up - just watched the highlights and it was superb tracking back by Wilf at the end which forced Grealish to dive into Cahill.
Old 31-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Has posted on his Instagram a blank screen with the message "hmm.." wonder if that relates to Parish article or something from today!?
Old 31-08-2019, 08:53 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles2345 View Post
Yes thought he was off side and by leaving it we won back the ball in short order. Well played!
Old 31-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Millsie02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post

Well summed up - just watched the highlights and it was superb tracking back by Wilf at the end which forced Grealish to dive into Cahill.
According to the Villa manager Wilf pushed him
Old 31-08-2019, 08:55 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Has posted on his Instagram a blank screen with the message "hmm.." wonder if that relates to Parish article or something from today!?
Maybe he’s thinking his best chance of champions league football if staying st palace!

That or his camera is knackered!
Closed Thread