Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 31-07-2019, 11:00 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I think it's hard to call. If England batted first I wouldn't be any more surprised if we were 35-3 than if we were 180-1.
Christ I would
Old 31-07-2019, 11:01 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
England are hoping realistically that Roy can get through the Lyon. If he can do that, he is the only capable batsmen who could feasibly open the batting who can take on Lyon and put pressure back on the Aussies seamers to have to do the bulk of the work.

Its a big if however.

Smith is a major concern for me. England struggled to bowl that well to him in the ODIs and his unusual style of play makes him effective. Also seems to relish the hostile environment he will face. Warner has always had issue outside off stump and trust our bowlers to expose this more than they can expose and faults in Smiths defense.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You don't rate Joe Root or think he could get a big score?
Old 31-07-2019, 11:05 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
He’s out of form and can only bat at one end anyway.

Cricket wanker.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I dont rate the other openers to still be with him for us to be just 180-1....
Old 31-07-2019, 11:43 AM

Granted its a different format of the game but Joe Roots last innings for England was the worst he had ever played for England, and in a W/C final. Mentally, the World Cup must have drained him and now into an Ashes series will be tough
Old 31-07-2019, 11:48 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Granted its a different format of the game but Joe Roots last innings for England was the worst he had ever played for England, and in a W/C final. Mentally, the World Cup must have drained him and now into an Ashes series will be tough
It's an interesting point.

I suspect the Aussies will be delighted at Root coming in at 3. There's a good chance it'll be within the first 40 minutes and the ball will still be new-ish. All of a sudden, England are 23-2 with Burns & Denly at the crease and Roy & Root back in the hutch. I'd fancy my chances from there if I were an Aussie <<shudder>>.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:50 AM

Agreed. England probably thought however why hide your cards, get out there and if Root and an opener can survive until lunch each day then we will be set.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:56 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Agreed. England probably thought however why hide your cards, get out there and if Root and an opener can survive until lunch each day then we will be set.
Yeah, the difference between Root coming in at 3 & 4 is probably only 3 runs & five minutes
Old 31-07-2019, 11:57 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Judging by the way he was talking yesterday, Archer won't be risked.

Last edited by art malice; 31-07-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 31-07-2019, 12:29 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
I did not know the Barmy Army had a ‘managing director’.
Old 31-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Judging by the way he was talking yesterday, Archer won't be risked.
You're right

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 31-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Burns
Roy
Root
Denly
Stokes
Buttler
Bairstow
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 31-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It became a business a long time ago.
Old 31-07-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Burns
Roy
Root
Denly
Stokes
Buttler
Bairstow
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Anderson
In other words

Root
Stokes
Buttler
Bairstow
Woakes
Broad
Anderson
Old 31-07-2019, 01:03 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Old 31-07-2019, 01:05 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Good to see Buttler in
Old 31-07-2019, 07:25 PM

Sleep well tonight, everyone.

If Eng bat tomorrow, I'm predicting 31-4 after the first hour......

(Well, I'm a Palace fan, aren't I?)
Old 31-07-2019, 07:51 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
They do??? not effing Aggers....
Old 31-07-2019, 07:52 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Sleep well tonight, everyone.

If Eng bat tomorrow, I'm predicting 31-4 after the first hour......

(Well, I'm a Palace fan, aren't I?)
Only 4 down? I would have say 7....