Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-08-2019, 05:29 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Just seen 2 videos of police firing fireworks into crowds.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
Just seen 2 videos of police firing fireworks into crowds.
I believe you are referring to a police dormitary at Wong Tai Sin. Not police (they're all out working), but probably their families.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:16 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Unprecedented scenes in HK today.

Police facing off against protesters and residents in:
- Sheung Wan
- Causeway Bay
- Wong Tai Sin
- Mei Foo
- Kwun Tong
- Lam Tin
- Tseung Kwan O

Ongoing right now (at gone 1am).
Protesters adopting a "be water" approach, essentially "flash mobbing" at a location then exiting to another to avoid arrest but ensure maximum attention, barricading roads and graffitiing police stations. Hundreds of residents (without protective gear) then replacing the protesters at each location to heckle police who have been shamefully used by the government as a shield. Police to their credit showing a wise level of constraint despite the escalation in scale.

Monday is a general strike expected to have almost universal support - any number of big name companies have explicitly told their employees they don't mind if they call in sick.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

(image from SCMP)
Old 04-08-2019, 08:13 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Are they shining lasers at each other?
Old 04-08-2019, 08:29 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Are they shining lasers at each other?
It's to defeat Chinese Facial Recognition tech. Welcome to the future.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:20 AM
Quicker than the human I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
It's to defeat Chinese Facial Recognition tech. Welcome to the future.
No, the lasers are simply a tool to annoy the police and make it harder for them to coordinate their activities. With everyone wearing goggles and masks to combat the effects of tear gas, facial recognition plays very little if any role.

General strike in full swing; underground is paralysed, roads blocked in multiple locations, half the day's flights cancelled, and it's only 1pm. Carrie Lam has made her first appearance for two weeks to say nothing new whatsoever, merely to condemn the protests, offer zero solutions and to effectively stoke the anger of protesters and police alike yet further.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:25 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Did you strike today, h_k? (Also, thanks very much for all the updates - they're very illuminating/depressing.)
Old 05-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Quicker than the human I

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Did you strike today, h_k? (Also, thanks very much for all the updates - they're very illuminating/depressing.)
Yes, and the demo came to Tsuen Wan where I live so I popped out to have a look a few hours ago.

A police van got stopped by protesters and the occupants turfed out just before I arrived.

A load of cop vans suddenly sped in, unloading riot police so I made a hasty retreat.

I wandered off talking to protesters outside the police station and occupying multiple roads all over Tsuen Wan. These are strong, determined, polite, ordinary mostly young folk.

I left the scene and walked home, where it promptly all kicked off just where I had been, with tear gas and police facing off to several thousand protesters.

Today there are scenes like this literally all over HK, in at least 10 different locations, right now as darkness falls. HK has never seen anything like this.

This cannot go on, Carrie Lam conceded nothing in her first public appearance for two weeks this morning. She has to start talking to people, the only solution here is a political one, and the people I spoke with all said they feel even angrier due to what she said.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:46 AM
Quicker than the human I

There's a number of live youtube channels such as this one.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Quicker than the human I

Or this one is good, split screen of multiple channels: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Thanks for the updates mate. Stay safe.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:51 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Thanks for the updates mate. Stay safe.
^^^
Old 05-08-2019, 11:52 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Many thanks HK - keep safe and well.

SaulAlinsky
Old 05-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Quicker than the human I

Many thanks all. Same to the other Palace BBS'ers in HK.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:07 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Saw that a couple of cars had driven straight at the protesters. Is it only going to escalate from here? I don't see the protesters backing down nor the government conceding.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Quicker than the human I

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Saw that a couple of cars had driven straight at the protesters. Is it only going to escalate from here? I don't see the protesters backing down nor the government conceding.
Yes a couple of instances today of cars driving at people though luckily nobody injured (yet). The media is portraying this as a "police vs protesters" thing. It really is not, the police are ordinary folk too with families who want the same things as everyone else (security, prosperity and so on). Thing is everyone is angry. Really really angry. And all at the same thing - the weak as piss leadership and delusion from the government and Chief Executive. The police for being used as a literal political battering ram, the protesters for seeing their prospects for security & prosperity ebbing away. The excessive violence from protesters and police doesn't help anyone. Sadly, I think it will take people to start dying before the government starts to make the right noises and actually talk to people.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:59 PM
Quicker than the human I

Illustration of how widespread the protests and police reaction has been today (and it's still ongoing).

Old 05-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Quicker than the human I

Old 09-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Quicker than the human I

We actually had a whole day with nothing in particular happening yesterday.

Today Carrie Lam held a press conference
- She rebutted accusations she hasn't spoken to the people by explaining she had spoken to business leaders, medical personnel, lawyers and legislative councillors. "They are the people", she said.
- "protesters…. have no stake in society” (she said in English)
- "I don't think we should just make concessions in order to silence the violent protesters” (also in English)
- She said this is not a political problem, purely an economic one
- Press are enraged as Q&A time was promised but other than a few questions (including one in Mandarin for the mainland propaganda reel) she cut it off after a few minutes and left

Police have declined to issue notices of no objection to gatherings planned this weekend at different spots around the territory, provoking accusations of police arbitrarily breaking the Basic Law (the HK constitution) by denying free assembly.

The above combined today has racheted up the anger, with a Chief Executive so divorced from any kind of reality that I would think escalation is now inevitable. It's late evening and "illegal gatherings" are taking place in Wong Tai Sin and Sha Tin. There's been a peaceful sit-in at the airport all day by thousands (set to continue over the weekend), also deemed "illegal" by the police, handing out leaflets and so on to spread international awareness of the situation in HK.

To view the link you have to Register or Login from working on flights to mainland China or that fly over the airspace. A tactic to put pressure on business to fall into line, or else. Quite how Cathay know who attended protests is anyone's guess....
Old 09-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
So how, if at all, can you get rid of her?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ