Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-09-2019, 12:42 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Shoreditch
Old 14-09-2019, 12:44 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicebitofgreen View Post
Why management at my work spend loads of man hours on efficiency related projects. Just sack a few people and concentrate on client driven work!!
Justifying their overpaid existence? F**k all else to do.
Old 14-09-2019, 12:48 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Celebrity culture

Especially people treating footballers as wise social commentators
Old 14-09-2019, 02:38 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
How Corbyn is responsible for the ISIS girl coming back to the UK.
Old 14-09-2019, 02:52 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
PVA’s defending
Old 14-09-2019, 02:52 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Shoreditch
Good food in and around that area, but overrated outside of that.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 14-09-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 14-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Nash View Post
Woolworths near me always has 80s pop throughout the store. Love it.
I miss woolworths.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 14-09-2019, 04:31 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Good food in and around that area, but overrated outside of that.
I worked there a lot in the 80s. Most of it looked like a location for a Sweeney car chase scene. Loved it. Like much of London, been reshaped into something unrecognisable. And chock full of C*nts.
Old 14-09-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I worked there a lot in the 80s. Most of it looked like a location for a Sweeney car chase scene. Loved it. Like much of London, been reshaped into something unrecognisable. And chock full of C*nts.
Yep. Way too gentrified. Same as Peckham.
Old 14-09-2019, 06:17 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
With all these places you only have to walk 50 to 100 yards off the gentrified high roads and you are in estates worse than the 70s. Not too bad in the day time but after it's dark at about 4.30 in the winter and many are unnerving to put it mildly.
Old 14-09-2019, 06:20 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
With all these places you only have to walk 50 to 100 yards off the gentrified high roads and you are in estates worse than the 70s. Not too bad in the day time but after it's dark at about 4.30 in the winter and many are unnerving to put it mildly.
Council estates in the 70s and 80s could be decent places to live. Some of the private housing then was shocking. Don't buy into the myth.
Old 14-09-2019, 06:27 PM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The under appreciation of Chris Armstrong. I learnt today he is one of the top six Premier League goalscorers for Tottenham. This, along with the fact that for a season or two he was a brilliant striker here, makes me wonder why he isn't talked more about on these boards (compared to say Ian Wright or AJ) or indeed more generally.
Old 14-09-2019, 06:29 PM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Also, tattoos. It is a bit like wearing the same T-shirt every day for the rest of your life. Even if you got one of the Palace badge, we change that every 20 years so it would eventually be out of date.
Old 14-09-2019, 06:36 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Council estates in the 70s and 80s could be decent places to live. Some of the private housing then was shocking. Don't buy into the myth.
Oh I agree. I ought to know. Some were decent large estates where most were working and you had mixed communities with mixed incomes. St Pauls Cray, Mottimgham, Windsor Drive, Poverest and the Coppice were examples. There were others that were dodgy. I worked on some absolute shockers too in the late 70s. I've worked on some in recent years in inner London where after about 4.30 and when it's dark I've felt on edge, around Bermondsey St and the Elephant in particular. Maybe that's because I getting old and no longer a regular long distance runner.
Old 14-09-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Eh, I walk through places like that a fair bit at night (my girlfriend lives in New Cross), and I don’t think they’re that bad. For grimness I think parts of the North definitely trump anywhere in London, although like London I wouldn’t call them intimidating. Just run down.
Old 14-09-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Eh, I walk through places like that a fair bit at night (my girlfriend lives in New Cross), and I don’t think they’re that bad. For grimness I think parts of the North definitely trump anywhere in London, although like London I wouldn’t call them intimidating. Just run down.
Sure, there aren't many estates that I would have felt unsafe walking through in the 70s during the day. In fact I've worked on plenty in the day more recently and can't think of one I'd feel unsafe on in the daylight at the moment although there are tower blocks where you feel uneasy e.g be careful not to touch the lift buttons without gloves because the junkies put needles behind them. After dark in winter it is one thing to walk through the estates but another to spend time on with valuable work materials. As I said the Rockingham, Heygate, Aylesbury estates and around Bermondsey St come to mind.
Old 15-09-2019, 04:51 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
The under appreciation of Chris Armstrong. I learnt today he is one of the top six Premier League goalscorers for Tottenham. This, along with the fact that for a season or two he was a brilliant striker here, makes me wonder why he isn't talked more about on these boards (compared to say Ian Wright or AJ) or indeed more generally.
It's also strange as most fans didn't even attend during half of Wright and Brights time. Crowds of 6 to 8000 before promomtion and even in cup games in 90-91.

Last edited by thefox; 15-09-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 15-09-2019, 06:10 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Shoreditch
And Canning Town and Silvertown.
Worked a fair bit in Silvertown in the 80's. The workshop I worked in was right opposite an old church where some of the scenes for a Mickey Rourke film, A Prayer For The Dying was filmed. I always had one eye on work and the other eye on where my car was parked.
Proper shit hole.
Bit like New Addington but with less fields.
Old 15-09-2019, 11:20 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's one of the things that makes London so special though, I think it's pretty unique and it's like that all over the city, walk down one street and its all £1,000,000+ houses turn the corner and you're in a dodgy council estate. Most cities in the world are not like that in my experience but I think it really helps to make London what it is, still one of the best cities in the world IMHO.
Old 15-09-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
That's one of the things that makes London so special though, I think it's pretty unique and it's like that all over the city, walk down one street and its all £1,000,000+ houses turn the corner and you're in a dodgy council estate. Most cities in the world are not like that in my experience but I think it really helps to make London what it is, still one of the best cities in the world IMHO.
Yes, I tend to like Islington for example because if you walk down a side street you never quite know what will be there. Old school market, battle cruiser, gastro pub, tough estate, juice bar, millionaires row, US tech company etc. A few seasons ago I walked after the game (the one where Puncheon skied the penalty) from White Hart Lane to London Bridge Station. In two hours I felt like I'd seen the world.