Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 30-10-2019, 10:22 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Surely a case for age discrimination here.
Old 30-10-2019, 10:25 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
It is odd but from their point of view, he's 33, his contract was up next summer anyway and he's now out for the season due to he and his mates' stupid drunken escapade. So they would have been shelling out £24k a week to a player who can't play, may indeed never play again, and will certainly be out of contract before he's anywhere near ready to play again. The fact is that the other two players did not injure themselves (pure luck) and can therefore continue to earn their wages rather than rot away to no benefit for the club.
Old 30-10-2019, 11:41 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
he's the captain, he goes out drinking with younger teammates and gets in a car driven by one of them who is very pissed, gets injured in the accident, out for the season and people wonder why he's sacked lol.
Old 31-10-2019, 08:08 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
he's the captain, he goes out drinking with younger teammates and gets in a car driven by one of them who is very pissed, gets injured in the accident, out for the season and people wonder why he's sacked lol.
No, people are wondering why he got sacked & the other two (who were the only two DDing) didn't.

As others have pointed out, it seems to be because the other two are more valuable assets.
Old 31-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Unless we don’t know the full story

I doubt the club has done this without grounds
Old 31-10-2019, 08:28 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
Making room, they’ve got another high earning drink driver to pay for in Jan
Old 31-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Unless we don’t know the full story

I doubt the club has done this without grounds
They need some or they are going to get absolutely flattened on appeal.
Old 31-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Yes. Which is why I sense there maybe more to it. They’re not daft and their lawyers will have been all over it
Old 31-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
I suspect it's got more to do with Charlie......

Highly unlikely that he will even appeal if he has any interest in playing football again.
Old 31-10-2019, 09:44 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I think the biggest problem they have is they offered him a new contract but on lower wages which he refused to sign, now they are sacking him... Even in the real world you would get battered for that and we all know that football isn't the real world!
Old 31-10-2019, 09:46 AM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Depends on whether this is a sacking or if they've just paid up his contract.

Assuming his contract is up in the summer and there's no chance he'll play again this year then I could totally understand it if they told him to piss off and get out of the club.

Suspect the other two will be flogged off at the earliest opportunity.
Old 31-10-2019, 09:47 AM
Millsie02

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
I suspect it's got more to do with Charlie......

Highly unlikely that he will even appeal if he has any interest in playing football again.
He's 33 and has a major injury that will keep him out for ages and we have seen what that kind of injury can do to a much younger footballers ability (see Souare, Pape) in a high profile f*ckwit story, I think it's safe to say playing football again certainly at a decent level is unlikely to be a major concern at this point.
Old 31-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Millsie02

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Depends on whether this is a sacking or if they've just paid up his contract.

Assuming his contract is up in the summer and there's no chance he'll play again this year then I could totally understand it if they told him to piss off and get out of the club.

Suspect the other two will be flogged off at the earliest opportunity.
Good point, the terminology maybe a bit of a PR thing from the club.
Old 31-10-2019, 01:35 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
He's 33 and has a major injury that will keep him out for ages and we have seen what that kind of injury can do to a much younger footballers ability (see Souare, Pape) in a high profile f*ckwit story, I think it's safe to say playing football again certainly at a decent level is unlikely to be a major concern at this point.
Of course that will be a concern, 18 months will be over in a flash. 34 isn't his career over even after the injury (assuming he recovers), but having everything dragged through the papers isn't going to do him any good either way, and that's if he actually successfully appeals! If he does want to come back and play football, a ban for other things won't improve matters.

We'll see, but appealing might not be in his best interests. Football club worth millions doesn't sack a player unless there are water tight reasons.
Old 31-10-2019, 01:56 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Rooney is going to fit right in
That car is too new for him. He prefers old banghers.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
PFA will ‘robustly defend’ Keogh, arguing that he has been disproportionately treated compared to Lawrence & Bennett.

I see Lawrence scored both goals in Derby’s 2-0 vs ‘Boro on Saturday.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-11-2019, 07:27 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
PFA will get it overturned and rightly so you cant employ three drink drivers and sack the passenger of a drink driver.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:38 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Havent Derby publicly said he got worse treatment because he was captain/older and should be setting an example?
Old 06-11-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Havent Derby publicly said he got worse treatment because he was captain/older and should be setting an example?
I don't think they have, and that's the interesting point.

However, they did say 'As we have said from the outset, the club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute'

It does, from my somewhat ignorant point of view, seem that old git/soon-out-of-contract Keogh has been treated somewhat differently from the younger assets of Lawrence & Bennett.