Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 24-06-2003, 10:34 AM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don't think I can be bothered to defend Gray any further. Seems like you haters have forgotten the fact that these players were working for a c**t of a manager, different tactics every week, an overpowering chairman and whinging fans. Everybody reacts differently in certain circumstances. Personally I cannot remember a game where I thought that Gray was not deliberately trying. Just because he doesn't snarl like a Pollock, lose his rag like a Derry, run around headless chicken style a la Thomson or Akinbiyi he gets unwarranted grief from you lot. He certainly showed enough passion whenever the team scored. Someone mentioned they couldn't stand the fact that he pointed to the back of his shirt when he scored. What would you do if the gimps in the crowd were getting on your back week in week out when you were far from the worst player in the team? No doubt you are the same people that said Morrison was a lazy sod, all the while licking Dougie's arsehole.

I give you the rolleyes:
Old 24-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Actually, I thought Clinton was great, think Dougie is prone to sulking when things arent going his way on the pitch and Gray is talented but lacks a focus.

Sorry.
Old 24-06-2003, 10:39 AM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Then you are not one of the people getting the rolleyes.
Old 24-06-2003, 10:42 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here

I'm not too sorry to see him leave. But good luck to him.
Old 24-06-2003, 10:57 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Has Gray's contract run out yet?
Old 24-06-2003, 11:09 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by wedgetail
Has Gray's contract run out yet?
Next Monday I believe
Old 24-06-2003, 11:16 AM
Religion... and then some

GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD
Come on!
Old 24-06-2003, 11:28 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Just because he doesn't snarl like a Pollock, lose his rag like a Derry, run around headless chicken style a la Thomson or Akinbiyi he gets unwarranted grief from you lot. I give you the rolleyes:
This is the truth.
Old 24-06-2003, 12:17 PM

Duke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders

Almost no one is calling him talentless - we all just wanted a bit more effort.
I am - forget his attitude and his 8 goals a year - whooppee - what it boils down to is that his position is left winger

but he can't cross a ball.

let him go
Old 24-06-2003, 12:21 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Duke
forget ... his 8 goals a year - whooppee -
Don't you hate it when pesky midfielders chip in 8 goals a season?

It's almost one of the signs of good team.

It's a very poor display of 'sour grapes' all round by some of the faithful.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 24-06-2003, 12:53 PM

Duke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally posted by Cleon

granted -it's great he got the goals - but it hardly makes up for what he lacks and IMHO someone else could come in a provide a lot more.
Old 24-06-2003, 12:57 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Cleon

It's almost one of the signs of good team.

It's a very poor display of 'sour grapes' all round by some of the faithful.
The problem is that goals scored is only one benefit of a player, and for a winger, whilst always welcome NOT the most important.

Wouldn't it have been good if instead of scoring 8 goals he had put in just two decent cross a game into the box for the strikers? - that's 92 extra chances.

Wouldn't it have been good if instead of scoring 8 goals he had put in just one decent, aggressive tackle a game? that's 46 opposition attacks broken down

Wouldn't it have been good if instead of scoring 8 goals he had put in just a little more effort for the team and not just for Julian Gray?

It is indeed the sign of good team to get goals from midfield - IN ADDITION to the basic midfield duties - in Gray we are expected to be grateful for one or the other. Well if that's the way of it give a solid midfield player, a decent winger with a decent cross - but no goals. How many of those 92 decent crosses would have ended in goals? How many of those 46 oppositions attacks not broken up lead to goals? Lets have somebody who we can rely on to do the basics before we applaud them for the "extras".

If Gray is around next season with that sort of attitude I'd be delighted, if not we're well rid.
Old 24-06-2003, 12:58 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Last season:
Gray scored 5 in 29 starts
Black scored 6 in 20 starts
Wayne scored 4 in 13 starts
So, both Black and Routledge had better stats than Gray.
Lets be honest if we weren't desperate for left sided players Julian would struggle to get on the bench. For the start of the new season we will have Tommy Black, Wayne Routledge and Jamie Smith to play on the right, all of these would be in front of Julian if they were left side players.

To be absolutely clear I believe that Julian has a lot of skills but not enough to overcome his weaknesses. The further up the Football pyramid you go the more you will be found out for your weaknesses, Julian has been found out at mid table division because although 5 goals in 29 starts is a good performance it doesn't show his in inabilty to contribute to the team performance.

The only time I have seen Julian look impressive is when he HASN'T tried to take people on, but rather to pass the ball. If he really wants to make it big in football he has to realise that he is not a ball playing winger.
Old 24-06-2003, 01:26 PM

pedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Beanie
How many of those 92 decent crosses would have ended in goals?
That depends on how many of them fell to Akinbiyi ! Only joking before i receive any more grief.
Old 24-06-2003, 01:40 PM

Perhaps your arguments would have some relevance if Julian Gray were actually a left winger. I have told you all on many occasions that IT IS NOT HIS FAVOURED POSITION. He plays an attacking midfield role, behind the strikers. Because he is left footed he has been made to play left wing. He was asking Trevor Francis all season to give him a go in his favoured position but was actually allowed to play for about 30minutes in one game.
Old 24-06-2003, 01:47 PM
Lovely

Beckham has been pleading with Ferguson to be played in the centre of midfield for years. Even though he never has, he still puts in a good performance every game out wide on the wing. It's a generally accepted fact that wing play is easier than centre midfield play. Most players 'graduate' to the middle of the pitch.

Julian hasn't served his time out wide yet. I would be looking for him to show consistency there before thinking about moving him infield.
Old 24-06-2003, 01:59 PM

Errrr, sorry B_E but thats absolute rubbish for want of a better word. If you are not a winger and your main skill is not crossing, then you shouldn't be playing there if you have played most of your life as an attacking central midfielder. This idea that you should have to serve an apprenticeship out of position is ridiculous.
Old 24-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Lovely

Every footballer should be able to cross the ball. It's just passing it FFS.
Old 24-06-2003, 02:07 PM

jempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is fine
If Rubins was given a proper chance in the team then losing gray wouldn't be a problem.
We love you, we love you, we love you and where you play we follow, we follow, we follow, cos we support the Palace, the Palace, the Palace and that's the way we like it, we like, we like it... WOAH,WOAH,WOAH!!!
Old 24-06-2003, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
Every footballer should be able to cross the ball. It's just passing it FFS.
If it was a prerequisite for being a footballer then about 75% of them would be out of work.