Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Sad Moon Risin'

Location: 3951 miles (6358 km) (3433 nautical miles) from Selhurst
jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Glad to hear everything's OK for you guys so far. I've been running a wildfire story a night here on our news. Wildfires on the West Coast...and Hurricane on the east...
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook
Old 23-08-2004, 09:48 AM

Aussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found me
Hope everyone's alright. My parents and mates experienced the same thing when the bushfires decimated Canberra last year. We've had bushfires a few hundred metres from our place, so I know how scary it is! Good luck.
Old 24-08-2004, 01:29 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
No worries here JLM & Aussie Eagle, the fires were a couple of miles away from my home, and we never felt in any danger (famous last words!).

Seeing the damage in Florida, I would say give me fires and earthquakes anyday over hurricans. Well maybe not earthquakes!
Old 24-08-2004, 01:32 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
BTW, I meant to say what an incredable job the firefighters do. When you see a building/house untouched by fire when all around it is burnt to the ground, you can only admire their skill and dedication.
Old 24-08-2004, 01:53 PM
6000 miles from there

Nobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was in New York when this thread was originally started, so I've only just seen it. Thanks, Strathclyde, for your concern.
The fires are unfortunately pretty much an annual threat and always bring back horrific memories for me. A close friend, Duncan Gibbins, was one of the 3 people who died in the Malibu fires in 1993, after he went back to his property to try and save his cat. I was called by the hospital as soon as he was airlifted in and, since there were no relatives living in the US, I ended up being the person the doctor talked to when I got to the hospital a few minutes later. At that point, I was simply expecting to hear he had some minor burns and wouldn't be available to play football the following Sunday. I'll never forget how I felt when the doctor told me he had third degree burns over 90% of his body and that he would die within a couple of days.
11 years later, I still get a knot in my stomach when I smell smoke in the air or see ash on my car.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
The Spiky One

Had another pretty bad one here last night, still going on. About 50% contained so far.

Anyone familiar with the Hollywood sign, Griffith Park Observatory, LA Zoo area will know where this is.

Always looks very dramatic at night, but thankfully nobody seems to have lost a house so far and the animals at the zoo are OK so far.

No rain for ages, and probably none until the end of the year now.

First of many I'm sure this summer.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was watching it on CNN last night . The shots from the helicopter of the observatory with the fire behind it were very dramatic. The fire looked huge and thank god there was little wind.

Although the shot of the firefighters under the bridge when the flames flashed over the top was pretty hectic.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:47 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by Chester
Although the shot of the firefighters under the bridge when the flames flashed over the top was pretty hectic.
I heard about that... I guess a helicopter had to make a water drop on them, so they could run for it.

I heard they lost two fire trucks though.

Oh, and there was wind, which actually probably saved the zoo, as it changed direction, and did a 180 away from the zoo.
Old 21-10-2007, 09:21 PM
The Spiky One

Big one going on again at Malibu.

Plus another one about 5 miles from me, which is making the sky a very strange brown colour to the north.

Winds are gusting pretty bad, and the fires are running rampant. High wind, little or no rain for months and low humidity.... a bad combination.
Old 21-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was going to ask how you guys were HH. Look pretty messy on the news.

Does not look good at all at the moment
Old 21-10-2007, 09:26 PM
The Spiky One

Thanks.... I'm just going for a little walk to get a better look.
Old 21-10-2007, 10:16 PM
The Spiky One

Just got back..... It's the end of the world!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_2233.jpg (590.4 KB, 94 views)
Old 21-10-2007, 10:18 PM
The Spiky One

Off in the distance:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_2241.jpg (612.8 KB, 77 views)
Old 21-10-2007, 10:20 PM
The Spiky One

Dust storm thrown in:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_2237.jpg (569.1 KB, 68 views)
Old 21-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Hope everything is okay HH
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-10-2007, 10:26 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
Hope everything is okay HH
Should be... thanks.... It's a long was off... just up wind.
Old 21-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Not heard much about it on the news over here.

Was uploading some old photos of the area onto facebook last night. Is the sign still there (though i am sure it would have made the news over here if that had burnt down).
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-10-2007, 10:30 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
Not heard much about it on the news over here.

Was uploading some old photos of the area onto facebook last night. Is the sign still there (though i am sure it would have made the news over here if that had burnt down).
It full on coverage here rght now... on all local channels.

Which sign are you talking about Adlerhorst?
Old 21-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Perhaps i am getting confused. Thought there was mention of near griffin park so assumed the Hollywood sign. But if you have one near Valencia and there is one in Malibu then they are all over the place. I thought Valencia was north of the San Fernando Valley.
Old 21-10-2007, 10:55 PM
A reasonably good buy

Palace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Palare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I regularly get finger and palm burns, but that is quite a common ailment in boring Santa Rosa.