Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-05-2019, 12:20 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
John Wick 3. Good fun for two hours, amazing martial arts scenes, Keanu is a dude who thankfully speaks only a few words. 7/10
I watched "Chapter 1" last night. It passed me by until now - I wasn't ever aware of it. It's good fun. I might watch Chapter 2 tonight.
Old 25-05-2019, 12:44 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Lost World: Fallen Kingdom - 3.5/10

The first reboot was just meh, this one is just ridiculous. First, the villains are so cartoon-y, they wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Scooby-Doo. (What kind of arms dealer is gonna traffic in dinosaurs?) Second, the set pieces on the island are just as ridiculous and wonkily CGI'ed as the last movie. At least they mix it up this time by going off the island, but that doesn't help. Nobody has any real concrete motivations for doing what they're doing but they're doing it anyway. I like Chris Pratt and I like Bryce Howard but I really didn't care what happened to their characters in this one. The only one I gave a damn about was the granddaughter and even then they had to give her a meandering side-story to eat up screen time that I assume was supposed to make you think about moral and philosophical questions but just ended up being the catalyst for the inevitable 3rd movie in the series.
Old 25-05-2019, 06:32 AM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
John Wick 3. Good fun for two hours, amazing martial arts scenes, Keanu is a dude who thankfully speaks only a few words. 7/10
I’d agree with that. Although the first 15-20 mins were a 9/10 for me, the it dips down to a 7.
Old 25-05-2019, 07:10 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Saw The Favourite on the telly last night.

I mention that because I’m glad I didn’t spend more time and money on it. Sadly none of us would recommend it and, given the hype and Oscar nominations, it didn’t live up to expectations.

Normally like historical dramas but this dragged for me. It’s a bad sign when you look at the clock and your heart sinks that you’re only halfway through. Stuck with it till the end hoping for improvement, but it was marginal.

Beautifully filmed at Hampton Court, so that aspect might appeal to some.
Old 25-05-2019, 07:20 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Basmati Blues, a very old film- 9/10

I loved it
Old 26-05-2019, 02:52 PM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tombstone. Have a soft spot for this western. The good guys won again and Dana Delaney was still scrummy.
Old 26-05-2019, 03:21 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apocalypse Now for the umpteenth time. 10/10, one of the greatest ever, an epic experience.. For me, everything about this movie is perfection. Acting, cinematography, atmosphere. As a war movie, it's up there with Full Metal Jacket and The Thin Red Line.

A 40th anniversary 4K version is to be released in the cinemas in August. The advert for that made me dust off the DVD.
Old 26-05-2019, 03:30 PM

lewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The madman and the professor last night about the oxford dictionary being written in 1800 Gibson and penn. An enjoyable watch 7/10
Learnt something about the oxford dictionary I didn’t know
Old 26-05-2019, 04:27 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Netflix: The Perfection

Not sure what to say. Certainly shocking in parts. Started well up to around the mid way point and then slowly got worse for me.
Old 26-05-2019, 05:02 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Midnight Cowboy 9/10

Released exactly 50 years ago this week decided to rewatch this for only the 2nd time having read To view the link you have to Register or Loginarticle on it. Still a great and moving film and even after all this time can see what it won the Oscars it did at the time. Classic.
Old 26-05-2019, 07:05 PM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Apocalypse Now for the umpteenth time. 10/10, one of the greatest ever, an epic experience.. For me, everything about this movie is perfection. Acting, cinematography, atmosphere. As a war movie, it's up there with Full Metal Jacket and The Thin Red Line.

A 40th anniversary 4K version is to be released in the cinemas in August. The advert for that made me dust off the DVD.
Ah, did it include the French dinner party scene?
I was reading about there being 3 or 4 versions already with a directors Final Cut due out soon.
Old 26-05-2019, 08:48 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi View Post
Ah, did it include the French dinner party scene?
I was reading about there being 3 or 4 versions already with a directors Final Cut due out soon.
It does indeed. Clocks in at just short of three and a half hours. A masterpiece of human descent into madness. A totally amazing movie imho.
Old 26-05-2019, 09:32 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Deadpool 2, last night. Absolutely brilliant and amazing. Borderline genius.
Old 27-05-2019, 05:20 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fighting With My Family - Based on the true story of WWE wrestler Paige, who hails from Norwich. Good fun with the predictable montage training scene. 7/10

Artic - Mad Mikkelsen as a plane crash survivor trying to get to safety across the Artic wastes. Excellent stuff. 9/10

Welcome to Marwen - Quirky true story about an artist who was severely beaten up and whilst recovering builds a model world around himself. 8/10

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 27-05-2019, 07:44 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Captain Fantastic. 7/10.
Lost points as the opening scene is not Bambi friendly. Plus the ending didn't work for me. Otherwise a decent watch.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:47 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Best film ever made.
Old 27-05-2019, 01:28 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Best film ever made.
Yep, big fan myself. In fact I even read Heart of Darkness as consequence.
Old 27-05-2019, 02:44 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
Yep, big fan myself. In fact I even read Heart of Darkness as consequence.
If you haven't read any other Conrad, do. And if you want to keep up the movie references, 'Nostromo'.
Old 27-05-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
If you haven't read any other Conrad, do. And if you want to keep up the movie references, 'Nostromo'.

I willl. (To coin a famous phrase)

The English Patient is my favourite film and the book was a lovely read. It brought home just what an art there is in bringing forward a film from a novel of such density and texture.

Yes, that does read a bit poncey. But great film, great book - loosely related.

Has anyone read Naked Lunch? It's on my 'if ever I need recuperation' list. As is finishing A Clockwork Orange.
Old 28-05-2019, 08:05 AM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Amazing Grace is absolutely fantastic. Aretha Franklin in her absolute prime. Could watch it ten times over