Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-04-2021, 07:03 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Just done loin of pork in my Ninja Foodi on the air-fryer setting. It was delicious and the crackling was spot on. However, I agree lamb is the best roast, beef when done well comes close.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:10 PM
Cunning Planner

7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Better leftovers too, no one has ever looked forward to having a lamb sandwich for lunch on Monday.
I've had lamb sandwiches on the Monday. The novelty alone makes it worth it, but they are good.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:45 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Mine was delicious. Rubbed in a rosemary, olive oil, garlic, anchovy, butter and left over night. In the oven at 130 until internal temp hit 60. Out for a rest for 45-60 min whilst I roasted the potatoes, carrots and parsnips, before ramping the temp up to 250 and sticking it back in for 10 mins to colour the skin up. Beautiful.
Correct answer
Old 04-04-2021, 08:48 PM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Beef. Rump, quick seared then into a really low oven, 70 c until it hits 54 degrees, served with roast ‘snips and potatoes, broccoli. Glut of red in the gravy and horseradish on the side.

Better leftovers too, no one has ever looked forward to having a lamb sandwich for lunch on Monday.
Incorrect Smoz me old mucker

Lamb left overs = fried with jalapeño for a kebab, shepherds pie, thinly sliced in a sarnie.

And the gravy is the bomb.

End of.

(I do like a bit of beef mind)
Old 04-04-2021, 08:57 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Please don't let me be misunderstood, lamb is a great roast, probably the fourth greatest roast known to mankind (beef, chicken and pork ahead of it). Lamb leftovers are also great, who doesn't love a shepherd's pie? On the other hand who doesn't love a cottage pie?
Old 04-04-2021, 09:11 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

Lamb left overs = fried with jalapeño for a kebab, shepherds pie, thinly sliced in a sarnie.

End of.

Talk to me about your lamb gravy. Mine was a bit disappointing today

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:32 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:

End of.

Nope, Smoz is correct here. Lamb is great, but definitely behind Beef/Pork/Chicken. Had a excellent roast pork today, roast pots, excellent crackling, mixed veg, home made apple sauce, organic Danish farm cider added for the gravy. Roast pork and apple sauce baps for leftovers this week. Wonderful.
Old 07-04-2021, 07:02 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Easter Sunday roast lamb was postponed until today as I worked the weekend. Due to a caller the leg went in later than ideal but ended up cooked ok. Rosemary roasties, swede and carrot mash, green beans and gravy from the juices and veg in the roasting tin. Washed down with a couple of glasses of nice white. Only let down was as I was using a left over potato to clear the plate I remembered I'd forgotten the mint sauce. All cleared up and considering a bottle of red for the rest of the evening.
Old 07-04-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
The Easter Sunday roast lamb was postponed until today as I worked the weekend. Due to a caller the leg went in later than ideal but ended up cooked ok. Rosemary roasties, swede and carrot mash, green beans and gravy from the juices and veg in the roasting tin. Washed down with a couple of glasses of nice white. Only let down was as I was using a left over potato to clear the plate I remembered I'd forgotten the mint sauce. All cleared up and considering a bottle of red for the rest of the evening.
Did you not fancy the red with the lamb?
Old 07-04-2021, 08:13 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's an interesting question. Up until a few years ago, I always cooked with and drank red with lamb, but when chefs like Marcus Waring tell you it should be white, I tend to listen.

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 07-04-2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
It's an interesting question. Up until a few years ago, I always cooked with and drank red with lamb, but when chefs like Marcus Waring tell you it should be white, I tend to listen.
Cook with, yes absolutely. There’s a smashing 5 hour slow cooker shoulder of lamb - a 2 Fat Ladies one - with a bottle of white in it and tomatoes and white beans etc, bloody delicious. I just think red goes far better for eating.

On a similar subject, I ‘attended’ a wine and cheese tasting event a few weeks ago and a white and a sparkling white went superbly with a couple of the cheeses. Would have never of thought of having white with cheese but would now.

Last edited by Worksop Palace; 07-04-2021 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:04 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Was in 2 minds however the white was already open. Happy to have either with lamb.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Cook with, yes absolutely. There’s a smashing 5 hour slow cooker shoulder of lamb - a 2 Fat Ladies one - with a bottle of white in it and tomatoes and white beans etc, bloody delicious. I just think red goes far better for eating.

On a similar subject, I ‘attended’ a wine and cheese tasting event a few weeks ago and a white and a sparkling white went superbly with a couple of the cheeses. Would have never of thought of having white with cheese but would now.
Was given a chilled white port with cheese before. Superb.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:10 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:

Red is suited to some cheese, white to others. White dessert wine like Sauternes is fabulous with some cheeses, as is Port with others.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:50 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
It has just occurred to me that we really should have a separate thread on this...

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 07-04-2021, 10:11 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Cheese and port is a thing of beauty and something I don’t have often enough for some reason. I’m laying in bed but I could quite happily get stuck into both now. Drinking in bed doesn’t seem right though
Old 08-04-2021, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
Was given a chilled white port with cheese before. Superb.
Oh god yes. I was introduced to white port 3 or 4 years ago in Portugal. Just drunk as an aperitif, chilled. Fantastic stuff.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:42 PM
Cunning Planner

7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Or with lemonade/soda water as a long drink, fabulous on a hot day. Introduced to chip dry at Taylor's in Porto.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:56 PM

How cheap is pig ?

Just bought a 4lb boneless leg joint from Morrison’s for £5.30. Could easily feed 8 and will do 4 tomorrow and then loads of sandwiches or salads in the week.

Crazy.

Same size joint of lamb or beef is costing you 3 times the price.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:13 AM

Correction, it’s 5lb not 4....

Serving with roast potatoes, parsnips, tenderstem fried off in garlic and butter and steamed, roast butternut squash, sage and onion stuffing, cider and redcurrent gravy and apple sauce.