Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Are Johnybegood and Hpalace really Harry and Meghan
definitely them 10 22.22%
Who knows ... just two nutters maybe 21 46.67%
Moo. 14 31.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2021, 08:15 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Anyone still think a monarchy is a good idea? In a more deferential time, they could sort of hide away and maintain their mystique. Now we can see them all the time and neither they nor we like it.

Time to move on surely?
Old 09-03-2021, 08:15 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
The Harry and Meghan interview touched upon something subtle, yet wholly significant, that explains a very great deal of the nature of debate on all manner of social issues today and why opposing sides appear diametrically opposed and, seemingly, irreconcilable. It is the scurge of post-modernism summed up in the particularly awful term 'my truth'.

By putting a personal pronoun in front of an absolute term like 'truth', it commits a form of logical fallacy known as 'begging the question'. It states, subtlely but forcefully, my perspective is truth. Therefore, anyone who disagrees with this perspective must be unequivocally wrong and, therefore, cannot be debated with unless they concede the point 100%.

There are 2 things that exist. 'The' truth and ones perspective. If you frame your perspective as a perspective then your adversary in debate is not precluded from having a legitimate point. If you frame your perspective as 'truth', well, you cannot debate from there.

Whatever the issues de jour, let's not make the ugly mistake of conflating perspectives with facts.

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 09-03-2021 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:16 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Anyone still think a monarchy is a good idea? In a more deferential time, they could sort of hide away and maintain their mystique. Now we can see them all the time and neither they nor we like it.

Time to move on surely?
Put my hand up to the first para.

But could be persuaded if you could give a smashing answer to the question "Move onto what?".

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
I'm a little surprised at the number of people on here willing to believe the tabloids over these two. Peter even suggesting at one point that they 'saw through her' at an early stage. Since when did the British tabloids become moral arbiters? Was that sometime after hacking dead girls telephones?
Brighton Eagle also agrees that beating up on a girl is just 'a bit' ungracious...well said BE
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
He likes to beat up on a girl publicly, gets called out (relatively politely) and didn't like it.
Guess he just wants to have free hands to carry punching a girl, without come back
Don't forget what he did to innocent British soldiers serving in Iraq....he lied...got called out...got sacked
Never watch him as punching the TV isn't a good start to the day..
Old 09-03-2021, 08:17 AM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Seems HM is all about service to the country and society (i.e. others).

Meghan is all about herself.

Sums it up for me.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:18 AM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
The Harry and Meghan interview touched upon something subtle, yet wholly significant, that explains a very great deal of the nature of debate on all manner of social issues today and why opposing sides appear diametrically opposed and, seemingly, irreconcilable. It is the scurge of post-modernism summed up in the particularly awful term 'my truth'.

By putting a personal pronoun in front of an absolute term like 'truth', it commits a form of logical fallacy known as 'begging the question'. It states, subtlely but forcefully, my perspective is truth. Therefore, anyone who disagrees with a perspective must be unequivocally wrong and, therefore, cannot be debated with unless they concede the point 100%.

There are 2 things that exist. 'The' truth and ones perspective. If you frame your perspective as a perspective then your adversary in debate is not precluded from having a legitimate point. If you frame your perspective as 'truth', well, you cannot debate from there.

Whatever the issues de jour, let's not make the ugly mistake of conflating perspectives with facts.
What a load of pretentious bollocks
Old 09-03-2021, 08:18 AM
www.chrisbrownjazz.com

Chrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I'm not convinced the choice is a binary one.

I am really quite convinced that she is embroidering (to put it politely) her story ; I have no idea however what the tabloids are saying in response.
Generally I find if my opinion matches what the Daily Mail is saying it's well worth putting serious effort into challenging it.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Never watch him as punching the TV isn't a good start to the day..
Aye!!
Man is s c*nt, turn the tv off
Old 09-03-2021, 08:19 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:

But could be persuaded if you could give a smashing answer to the question "Move onto what?".
Just a PM ..
Old 09-03-2021, 08:20 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:

President? German or Irish style.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:22 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Useful input.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:22 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:

An elected head of state
Old 09-03-2021, 08:23 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's actually completely bang on in my opinion.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:24 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
An elected head of state
I not too sure that people voting is better than a monarchy ; Brexit is one reason.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-03-2021, 08:25 AM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Eagle View Post
If the colour revelation wasn't stage managed by two actresses for maximum effect then I'm a chinaman. Wiping away a tear ? Give me a break, what an actress. They have to name the person who said it because at the moment the whole Royal family are being branded rascist. They have to give the person the right to reply. And the pair of them need to get their stories straight aswell as to when it happened. But one things for sure, this is not a crisis of Diana proportions . If the monarchy survived that, they can survive accusations by two people who supposedly want privacy and now want to move on with their lives. I wonder if he thinks that when he comes back to the UK he will be cheered and welcomed back ?
Any credibility the interview may have had, was diminished at the start when Oprah stated we have not discussed the interview previously nor pre-arranged the questions! Yeh ok.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:25 AM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Maybe I’m a cynic.... but I think there’s a bit of theatre in PM... it’s getting them loads of viewers which is all he cares about.
Susanna Reid needs to have a good look at herself at the min. She’s not doing herself any favours.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:27 AM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Indeed, prior to being a victim of the royal family, she told us all how much she was a victim of her own family. She doesn’t seem to get on with anyone except Harry… (Oh, and Netflix executives).
Don’t forget the Disney executive who gave her a voiceover contract after speaking to Harry
Old 09-03-2021, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post

Time to move on surely?
Obviously it is stupidly antiquated.

But in a way having someone who isn’t Boris Johnson (or any politician frankly) as head of state provides some comfort, even if the role is entirely titular
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
Useful input.
Apols, I was venting after reading so much bullying/tittle tattle/eastenders/posh spice type conspiracy bollocks on here, that I took it out unfairly on your post
Now I'm talking bollocks