Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Are Johnybegood and Hpalace really Harry and Meghan
definitely them 10 22.22%
Who knows ... just two nutters maybe 21 46.67%
Moo. 14 31.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2021, 04:01 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Thank you, I do. It also needs to be more than criticising someone (however unjustly) for their actions. There needs to actually be evidence that there is a racial slur, or that a slur exists because of race, not just a slur on its own.

Please provide evidence that could not simply be construed as "we don't like her attitude".
And you also know that what someone perceives as attidue is race based.

You are looking for evidence which you know will not exist to justify a position you refuse to move from.

It's a good job I know when to and when not to bother.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:02 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
It might well be xenophobia ; and criticising Americans is barely unknown in the UK (see GPD).
Are you suggesting that Americans are not acceptable targets for criticism?

And doing so is Xenophobia?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:03 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Are you suggesting that Americans are not acceptable targets for criticism?

And doing so is Xenophobia?
No ; I was saying it might be xenophobia. I was saying that you might have a point ; you want to argue with that ??!!

Personally, I think it is much more to do with the press not liking what she did than who she is.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-03-2021, 04:03 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
And you also know that what someone perceives as attidue is race based.

You are looking for evidence which you know will not exist to justify a position you refuse to move from.

It's a good job I know when to and when not to bother.
I feel I am being sucked in.

He still hasn't confirmed whether he is trained as a barber?

Old 04-03-2021, 04:04 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
If the evidence does not exist then the charge cannot be made ; what kind of Orwellian approach are you adopting, thought crime?

If rrace were a factor then it would have emerged well before the wedding ; do you not think the press celebrations of that wedding (which was feted) suggest that you are completely wrong?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-03-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
No ; I was saying it might be xenophobia. I was saying that you might have a point ; you want to argue with that ??!!

Personally, I think it is much more to do with the press not liking what she did than who she is.
What did she do? Had avocados for brunch?

Old 04-03-2021, 04:05 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
If the evidence does not exist then the charge cannot be made ; what kind of Orwellian approach are you adopting, thought crime?
Racism has moved on - the most harmful types and hardest to move on from are often subconscious. I'd rather be called a P**i walking down the street than not get a job because I am one.

Get with the times, Matthew
Old 04-03-2021, 04:06 PM

I take it you don't mean an individual action, but being an actress. Not deemed good enough for the 'Royal' papers. She spoils The People's Princess's legacy.

Old 04-03-2021, 04:07 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Racism has moved on - the most harmful types and hardest to move on from are often subconscious. I'd rather be called a P**i walking down the street than not get a job because I am one.

I think if you are to accuse people of racism it's not unreasonable that you provide a scintilla of evidence, sorry.

If your times mean that accusations can be hurled around with no basis in fact I would rather not get with them, thank you.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-03-2021, 04:10 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
I take it you don't mean an individual action, but being an actress. Not deemed good enough for the 'Royal' papers. She spoils The People's Princess's legacy.
To a degree. But early on we didn't mind her being an actress. I think it was that she adopted a certain attitude (can't be bothered to look up the papers at the time) which suggested she thought she was grander than she was. As well as lecturing people in Californian speak about how they should think, which of course didn't go down well. No-one likes an opinionated princess until of course she has earned her spurs. It reminds me how the press used to criticise Princess Anne, who to my knowledge was not a victim of racism either.

The comparison with the Queen of Hearts is well made.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-03-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:

We all know that Maz likes to take a contrary positon on these boards and argue it out.

I think he chose the wrong side of the argument here, and one that goes against is normal position.

I like his point though, well worth a delve.

He is asking us to consider that the press, and maybe specifically The Mail and Express, are not acting from a position of innate racism in their reporting.

That is giving them some benefit of the doubt there.

Old 04-03-2021, 04:15 PM

Quote:
To a degree. But early on we didn't mind her being an actress. I think it was that she adopted a certain attitude (can't be bothered to look up the papers at the time) which suggested she thought she was grander than she was. As well as lecturing people in Californian speak about how they should think, which of course didn't go down well. No-one likes an opinionated princess until of course she has earned her spurs. It reminds me how the press used to criticise Princess Anne, who to my knowledge was not a victim of racism either.

The comparison with the Queen of Hearts is well made.
I will take this on board.

Has Mrs Markle made any accusations of racism herself?

Old 04-03-2021, 04:17 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
We all know that Maz likes to take a contrary positon on these boards and argue it out.
I'm speaking it because I believe it. Because, like a l'Oreal girl, you're worth it, I have - spit - delved into the Daily Mail (that racist paper than hates Meghan so much) to see how they used to speak of her.

To view the link you have to Register or Loginis the engagement story, and To view the link you have to Register or Loginthe wedding one. Both are nothing more than excited tributes to her and her style, not a negative comment to be seen.

Does rather suggest to me that I am right ; that attitudes only turned when the Duchess did.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Absolutely no evidence to suggest it's anything to do with race whatsoever.

Far more likely (given how she was initially embraced) that's it's to do with anti-Californian sentiment. The press turned in fact when they thought she was a bit of a hypocrite.

If anything, it#s those who harp on about racism who seem to be far more conscious of her alleged non-white racial status, (such as it is)
The Mail and the Express being exemplary in their anti-racist leanings, while always having had a bit of a chip on their shoulder about Californians.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:21 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Please provide evidence that could not simply be construed as "we don't like her attitude".
A bit uppity, perhaps?
Old 04-03-2021, 04:21 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
The Mail and the Express being exemplary in their anti-racist leanings, while always having had a bit of a chip on their shoulder about Californians.
I think more specific evidence about this particular case might be required, although generalisations are always delightful. I'm not defending the Mail or Express, God forbid, but the examples you cited (excellent as they were) simply compared press attitudes to two princesses, not two races. And there is far more that is different about them than just race ; in fact it might well be racist to suggest that the only difference is racial.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-03-2021, 04:22 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
A bit uppity, perhaps?
I cannot recall you ever having been on a planet so distant to me.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-03-2021, 04:23 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think if you are to accuse people of racism it's not unreasonable that you provide a scintilla of evidence, sorry.

If your times mean that accusations can be hurled around with no basis in fact I would rather not get with them, thank you.
Even if the source has been pretty well outed as bigoted? If something looks bigoted, smells bigoted its most likely bigoted.

"The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) took aim at some British media outlets, particularly tabloid newspapers, for “offensive, discriminatory and provocative terminology”.

Its report said hate speech was a serious problem, including against Roma, gypsies and travellers, as well as “unscrupulous press reporting” targeting the LGBT community."

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-03-2021, 04:23 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I like Meghan - must a be a nightmare coming into the family as an outsider. I like Harry too. He was the piss head of the two - and did all his responsibilities he had to. But the media - who are beyond reproach, had Meghan in their sights early doors. As they will do to stir, poke and harass. For Piers Morgan to be so opinionated and vociferous after his responsibility in haranguing his mother to her untimely death. You'd think he would keep quiet. But he just follows the money - has there been a more sweaty grotesque mess than that man? Responsible for so much misery and pain amongst well known and not so well known people. No journalists grass on another journalist - in the rulebook. I bet he has all sorts in his closet - and a right deviant. He knew all about Jimmy Saville - like they all did. But all the stories about him were pulled from above. Ask yourselves why. The drug taking was rife in the industry in the late 80's and early 90's. Vile individual. But unfortunately he has most of the country (and the US) on strings.

Im just moaning about Piers morgan now. haha. Sorry for the O/T.

Last edited by eagle mart; 04-03-2021 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Spellcheck her name
Old 04-03-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
; in fact it might well be racist to suggest that the only difference is racial.
Don't be that person.