Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 01-04-2020, 03:52 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Completely disagree. It's a good move for Labour.
Correction, it's the only move for Labour, if they want to be relevant.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:08 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Keir Starmers popularity has dropped already. Now -4%.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Starmer's fine but he's not the man I've seen many people perceive him to be. Not as confident and fleet of foot as he sometimes appears on camera, more of a substitute teacher than a headmaster.

He'll inherit the issue of addressing those idiots in Momentum and realigning the party's principles. Still, best of a bad bunch.
You completely underestimate him - you don’t become head of the DPP without talent. No silver spoon just graft and ability. Labour will be in safe hands at last.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:45 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Imagine if someone on the left had produced this?
It's absolutely mental isn't it?

Act immediately To do what?

Act ruthlessly To do what?

Punish the losers Who?Why?

Ignore party members The people that voted for you?That always ends well.

Take back the unions eh?
Old 01-04-2020, 04:49 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
And then there's this:

"It is crucial to show you understand just how toxic Corbyn’s tax and spend manifesto, default dislike of business and deep lack of patriotism really were."

Wtf

And:

"Punishing Burgon and Long Bailey will alienate a portion of the membership. Good. Let them return in disgust to the fringe parties where they should have been all along. Remember the words of the Tory Prime Minister A.J. Balfour: “I’d rather take advice from my valet than from the Conservative Party Conference.” Don’t fetishise party members. Any gathering of more than a handful is disproof of the notion of the wisdom of crowds. Restore party conference to its proper role — a loyal leadership rally."

So no democracy within the party and immediately reject any voters you don't like.

LOSING VOTES IS HOW WE WIN!
Old 01-04-2020, 05:00 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
It's absolutely mental isn't it?

Act immediately To do what?

Act ruthlessly To do what?

Punish the losers Who?Why?

Ignore party members The people that voted for you?That always ends well.

Take back the unions eh?
I thought the third point “punish the losers” was particularly great. Labour’s main problem is the endless internal factional battles. A new leader needs to create a broad tent and put that shit to bed rather than exacerbating them!

I’m also not convinced Starmer is particularly aligned to McTernan’s views.

Point 4 is broadly correct though. Labour needs to start thinking in terms of voters and not pandering to members. Even if that annoys members and some leave. They’re a tiny part of the support you need to win an election. Elevating members over everything else, including the PLP, has been a disaster.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I thought the third point “punish the losers” was particularly great. Labour’s main problem is the endless internal factional battles. A new leader needs to create a broad tent and put that shit to bed rather than exacerbating them!

Point 4 is broadly correct though. Labour needs to start thinking in terms of voters and not pandering to members. Even if that annoys members and some leave. They’re a tiny part of the support you need to win an election. Elevating members over everything else, including the PLP, has been a disaster.
Gordon Brown lost so anyone associated with him is punished.

Ed Miliband lost so anyone associated with him is punished.

Jeremy Corbyn lost so anyone associated with him is punished.

The members are ignored so "some will leave".

Not much left is there?
Old 01-04-2020, 05:43 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:

By that rate Labour might as well just cease to be a membership organisation. Liberals and democracy eh lol
Old 01-04-2020, 06:17 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Gordon Brown lost so anyone associated with him is punished.

Ed Miliband lost so anyone associated with him is punished.

Jeremy Corbyn lost so anyone associated with him is punished.

The members are ignored so "some will leave".

Not much left is there?
Ken McClusky will somehow still be there I reckon
Old 01-04-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Not if the author has anything to do with it.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:33 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
What about Barbie Long-Bailey?
Old 01-04-2020, 08:51 PM

Old Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
cough, cough

I wonder whether Starmer's evident lack of charisma may not be such a disadvantage in times when clear concise communication is better than jokes.

Similarly I wonder whether capable management is going to be more appreciated now than the ability to repeat a soundbyte.
Completely agree. He and his talented colleagues can expose the government as the lightweights they mainly are.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:09 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
What about Barbie Long-Bailey?
You fancy her rotten.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:12 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
You fancy her rotten.
She, like me, is one of God's chosen ones.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:58 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
I wonder how quickly he'll create a new shadow cabinet.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 03-04-2020, 05:17 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
I wonder how quickly he'll create a new shadow cabinet.
I doubt he will be able to get the wood , B&Q are shut .

Impervious to fvck bullets
Old 03-04-2020, 09:51 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Despite being a sixth form communist or somesuch, he got my first vote. Now I find out he's a ******* plastic Liverpool fan.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:10 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Keir Starmers popularity has dropped already. Now -4%.
and?

SaulAlinsky
Old 04-04-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
and?
And he’ll be utter wank as labour leader.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:18 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
And then there's this:

"It is crucial to show you understand just how toxic Corbyn’s tax and spend manifesto, default dislike of business and deep lack of patriotism really were."

Wtf

And:

"Punishing Burgon and Long Bailey will alienate a portion of the membership. Good. Let them return in disgust to the fringe parties where they should have been all along. Remember the words of the Tory Prime Minister A.J. Balfour: “I’d rather take advice from my valet than from the Conservative Party Conference.” Don’t fetishise party members. Any gathering of more than a handful is disproof of the notion of the wisdom of crowds. Restore party conference to its proper role — a loyal leadership rally."

So no democracy within the party and immediately reject any voters you don't like.

LOSING VOTES IS HOW WE WIN!
I don’t agree with a lot of the article, but Burgon is a total liability. And the point about patriotism & Corbyn is very relevant. It came out in post election analysis. The seats lost in the NE all have very strong and very traditional military traditions, especially Army, being perceived as not supporting the armed forces damaged Corbyn on those areas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019