Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 04-04-2020, 01:08 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
At this stage I wish to point out that I called he'd be the next leader not long after Corbyn was appointed iirc. I wouldn't have been the first though, but I did and atm I can't be arsed to find the post and no doubt the derision from some posters. Furlough may give me the initiative.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:15 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
So what did he do? Ask for the room or accept another?
Old 04-04-2020, 01:16 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
At this stage I wish to point out that I called he'd be the next leader not long after Corbyn was appointed iirc. I wouldn't have been the first though, but I did and atm I can't be arsed to find the post and no doubt the derision from some posters. Furlough may give me the initiative.
In hindsight, you should have stuck a monkey on it
Old 04-04-2020, 01:50 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie87 View Post
Rubbish . The sun has a readership of 29 million online.
And their journos are given primetime spots on GMTV and the likes.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:54 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
“Sneering” - that’s a little unfair. I simply gave my assessment of the quality of the candidates.
They could appoint the queen as leader and you'd be sneering from the top of your pompous driveway.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:56 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
This is very good news.
It is for the Tories.I bet they are all over the moon that they will essentially have no opposition for the foreseeable.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:01 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
They could appoint the queen as leader and you'd be sneering from the top of your pompous driveway.
Driveway? Private road, surely? With a cute little lodge at the entrance. Richard is an intelligent man, and a gent, as has been mentioned. But if he's a fan of Boris's Tory Party, he's rather on the dark side.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:17 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
I know there are a large number of people on here who don't want to acknowledge this but politics in the "West" is generally moving in the anti-establishment direction.Mostly this means moving right and so far from an electoral standpoint the left are a failing alternative.The right are getting their message across in a way that we are just failing to at the moment.Boris basically won by making himself the anti-establishment candidate,accusing Corbyn and remain supporting MPs of blocking Brexit.Trump,the rise of the right in Austria,Germany,Hungary etc.Even in France,an establishment figure like Macron ran an anti-establishment campaign,distancing himself from the traditional parties to win.

So my question is this.Against this backdrop,how is Starmer going to win?
Old 04-04-2020, 02:33 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie87 View Post
Rubbish . The sun has a readership of 29 million online.
those numbers are probably due to clickbait.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:17 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Thought starmer was good on marr this morning. Better than ive seen him before and certainly miles better than the twat he replaced.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:19 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Thought starmer was good on marr this morning. Better than ive seen him before and certainly miles better than the twat he replaced.
Thought it was like watching paint dry, infact in decorating terms he's the labour equivalent of painting your rooms magnolia.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:21 AM

silverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilverymoon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone is better than the twat he replaced.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:36 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
I know there are a large number of people on here who don't want to acknowledge this but politics in the "West" is generally moving in the anti-establishment direction.Mostly this means moving right and so far from an electoral standpoint the left are a failing alternative.The right are getting their message across in a way that we are just failing to at the moment.Boris basically won by making himself the anti-establishment candidate,accusing Corbyn and remain supporting MPs of blocking Brexit.Trump,the rise of the right in Austria,Germany,Hungary etc.Even in France,an establishment figure like Macron ran an anti-establishment campaign,distancing himself from the traditional parties to win.

So my question is this.Against this backdrop,how is Starmer going to win?
Interesting view

Anti establishment how exactly ?
Old 05-04-2020, 09:39 AM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought he gave an excellent interview on Andrew Marr this morning.
He was certainly my preferred candidate so glad he won convincingly and hopefully he can lead the party back to where it needs to be.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:49 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Richard is an intelligent man, and a gent, as has been mentioned. But if he's a fan of Boris's Tory Party, he's rather on the dark side.
Richard is a very pleasant man indeed, good company with a good heart.

However, while he is educated, he is a big thick and because of those limitations, culturally can't break through the prism of toryism.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:49 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PemboExpress View Post
Thought he gave an excellent interview on Andrew Marr this morning.
He was certainly my preferred candidate so glad he won convincingly and hopefully he can lead the party back to where it needs to be.
Yep, was pretty clear and came over as a leader . None of that 6th form tub thumping shit , just calm and collected . I Like his approach to the current situation too, will do what's best for the country rather than point scoring . A grown up at last .

Impervious to fvck bullets

Last edited by strolling bones; 05-04-2020 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:53 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
Thought it was like watching paint dry, in fact in decorating terms he's the labour equivalent of painting your rooms magnolia.

Good to see you post Phil. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Starmer is a charisma free zone, but he is highly intelligent, capable, has a capacity for hard work and definitely has a strong moral compass.

I am not sure he will ever become Prime Minister, but actually I wish he was right now. He has the temperament and skillset to take calm, consistent and considered judgement. And is trustworthy.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
A grown up at last .
Sums it up far better than I did
Old 05-04-2020, 10:15 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Sums it up far better than I did
A stark contrast to the Prime Minister, indeed.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:18 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post

Good to see you post Phil. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Starmer is a charisma free zone, but he is highly intelligent, capable, has a capacity for hard work and definitely has a strong moral compass.

I am not sure he will ever become Prime Minister, but actually I wish he was right now. He has the temperament and skillset to take calm, consistent and considered judgement. And is trustworthy.
He is charisma free and I think Boris Johnson will make mincemeat of him. Mind you John Major beat Neil Kinnock in an election everyone said was a shoe in for Kinnock so who knows.