Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice
Just seen the uncut repeat and what's all the fuss about? Didn't seem over the top to me. Martin Clunes came across as a bit of a tw@t though
this
Old 15-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
this
that.
Old 15-05-2010, 11:50 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
^

Hislop has always been conservative but I think he'd be horrified to be labelled a Conservative.
Old 16-05-2010, 12:02 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
^

Hislop has always been conservative but I think he'd be horrified to be labelled a Conservative.
So a bit like our Richard, then?
Old 16-05-2010, 12:15 AM

muji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista
Hislop's lines are scripted in order that he is the straight man to Merton's funny man.
Hilsop rants a bit - usually on a pet hate, to make it more authentic - and then the camera cuts to Merton for the witty reply/gurning.
It's panto.
Is that fact or supposition? Have you been to a recording?
Old 16-05-2010, 12:31 AM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I gave up watching HIGNFY years ago, but Private Eye is still as excellent as ever. I'm sure they base their 'From the Messagebaords' section on Little Al's posts on here.
Old 16-05-2010, 12:32 AM

ta3841 is living as legends have livedta3841 is living as legends have livedta3841 is living as legends have livedta3841 is living as legends have livedta3841 is living as legends have livedta3841 is living as legends have livedta3841 is living as legends have livedta3841 is living as legends have livedta3841 is living as legends have livedta3841 is living as legends have livedta3841 is living as legends have lived
Nice to see him on Doctor Who tonight.
Old 16-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought it was hilarious, especially when they said he took so lobg to leave because he "caught his jacket on Thatchers fingernails in the door"
Old 16-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista
Hislop's lines are scripted in order that he is the straight man to Merton's funny man.
Hilsop rants a bit - usually on a pet hate, to make it more authentic - and then the camera cuts to Merton for the witty reply/gurning.
It's panto.
Oh no it isn't...

I read this thread before watching the show. Can't see what the problem is as it was fairly tame compared to some of the scathing comments that have been launched in the past. The show immediately after Angus Deayton appeared in the papers made tonight look like a love-in.
Old 16-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Men At Work
Oh no it isn't...

I read this thread before watching the show. Can't see what the problem is as it was fairly tame compared to some of the scathing comments that have been launched in the past. The show immediately after Angus Deayton appeared in the papers made tonight look like a love-in.
That's what I was thinking. I have never seen television like it when Deayton was ritually slaughtered by those two
Old 16-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
'T.V.'s Mr. Sex' sat a couple of rows behind me at the Cup Final replay.

Last edited by DANGERMOUSE; 16-05-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 16-05-2010, 04:03 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE
'T.V.'s Mr. Sex' sat a couple of rows behind mr at the Cup Final replay.
Mr who?
Old 16-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
Mr who?
Angus Deayton. I was using his tabloid sobriquet.

Oh, I see: typo. I have corrected my previous post.
Old 16-05-2010, 05:08 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Watched it again this morning, not sure I can see the problem. They took the piss out of the Tories more than Brown.
Old 16-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
Somebody made a series of jokes about a series of jokes called Gordon Brown. I am not sure what the problem is?
Old 16-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair
I'm sure they base their 'From the Messagebaords' section on Little Al's posts on here.
That is one of the funniest parts of the magazine. So well observed.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 16-08-2019, 08:12 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 16-08-2019, 08:22 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Thought he was dead for a minute