Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 22-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Mmm, Flaming Burgers

BBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mel Blyth on Palace Radio at 11.30

The original Mel B. will be on 'Palace in the Past' on Palace Radio this morning.

Any questions / memories....
Old 22-04-2006, 10:00 AM

maxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Erm he used to train with me down at OVAL school ask if he remembers me? My name is Paul Ross
Old 22-04-2006, 10:00 AM

maxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsmaxpower has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
is it still 1278? or what now?
Old 22-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by maxpower
is it still 1278?
Yes
Old 22-04-2006, 10:07 AM

what time is he on?
Old 22-04-2006, 10:09 AM

Ok 11.30
Old 22-04-2006, 10:24 AM

Can you please ask him if he remembers training up at Oval Primary School! He was quality training me and whether he remembers Paul Ross
Old 22-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can you ask him if he remembers training me? if he does he's a fibber, I never went to school there.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 22-04-2006, 10:28 AM

ha ha

Last edited by maxpower; 22-04-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old 22-04-2006, 10:35 AM

Joking
Old 22-04-2006, 10:48 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Did he not become a driving instructor for a bit?
Old 22-04-2006, 11:00 AM

well it didn't go on for long and they were just about to ask my question when it cut out!
Old 22-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did he mention me?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 23-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Mmm, Flaming Burgers

BBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We did in the end get about 5 minutes out of Mel at the end of the show as he was minding his grand-daughter and driving in. The first two times we called, he wasn't able to come on.

Shame as he's a really warm feller, irreverant, very funny and a good raconteur to boot. We will certainly be catching up with him soon to interview him for the Project as he has a huge affection for and amongst the Palace supporters still.

Good to see Brian Whitehouse and Peter Burridge there yesterday too. Anyone got any particular memories of any of the above three...sorry if it's a repeat of any other threads on here...
Old 25-04-2006, 01:38 PM

wickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
shame i missed it i would have like to ask him why he thought it would be a good idea to go into the Palace dressing room to call all his ex team mates W*****S after knocking us out of the 76 Fa Cup Semi Final
Old 27-01-2019, 12:51 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Little snippet with Mel in the current bun today..

Talking about our 1-0 cup win in 1970

Hopefully a good omen
Old 28-01-2019, 12:45 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Remember seeing him standing on his own at Bromley v Gillingham XI (I think, in the early 80's). I was just a spotty little herbert but gave it the old " excuse me are you Mel Blyth?" . Poor bloke had to field an absolute plethora of daft questions but I felt he must be impressed that I knew he won the FA cup with Saints. No doubt he wasn't at all but he definately winced when I commented Jim Cannon was over the hill, exasperatingly pointing out that Sir Jim was only 25/26. Of course he was right but it was during the Dario Gradi era and basically everyone just seemed rubbish to me at that point. Mel was (only) training with us at the time and commented that the players weren't respecting Dario. Anyway he chatted very reasonably given all he wanted to do was watch the blo*dy game. He was only saved when Colin Powell (ex Charlton) spotted him and came over for a natter. Made my evening anyway.

Last edited by Sleeping Giant; 28-01-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Old 31-01-2019, 06:23 PM

Keenstonian sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkKeenstonian sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkKeenstonian sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkKeenstonian sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkKeenstonian sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkKeenstonian sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkKeenstonian sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkKeenstonian sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkKeenstonian sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkKeenstonian sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkKeenstonian sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Memories of Peter Burridge scoring the goal in 1-0 win at Millwall back in the day. Did not please the locals. John Sewell was carried off early in game, no subs in those days, hard fought win. Think we played in yellow that day, not sure why!