Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 25-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by DE - Glad All Over
Burnley game here..

To view the link you have to Register or Login

blimey mate,you're a bit of a legend yourself for posting that up,I was there on the night but I don't think i've seen any footage since!!

nice one!!!
Old 26-04-2008, 06:46 AM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace Dan
Who was it that missed the team bus to Bristol Rovers away that season - was it Billy??
Think you may be getting confused with the season before Christmas/New Year game at Eastville when I think it was Kenny Sansom who missed the coach. Could be wrong.

Blimey, the thoroughly useless information that your fevered brain holds on to!
Old 26-04-2008, 06:20 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Believe Fenwick was the unused sub on the night
Has been suggested to me that Tony Sealy was the one on the bench.

Can anybody confirm.

Hope to have about 8 or 9 players back at SP
on Sunday May 4th, awaiting final confirmations
but have heard Billy, Vince, Jimbo and Paul
Hinshelwood all coming and probably Mike Elwiss
and Neil Smillie.
Old 27-04-2008, 09:42 AM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Gumball
I remember an absolute scorcher he scored against Bolton I think, which if I remember right we won 3-1. One of the best shots I've ever seen, 40 yards out, straight as a dye and still rising when it nearly broke the net!
That's right, identical to the goal against West Ham mentioned earlier in the thread. When asked afterwards in an interview why he scored so few, he replied "I only go for quality".
Old 27-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by telodaja
Wonder if they have found Jerry Murphy. Read an interview with Billy Gilbert & Vince Hilarie a few years ago. They said that none of the 80's crop of players had any idea where Murphy was.
Was asking Steve Kember about Murphy a few months back, think he said he had been abroad but is now back in the UK
Old 01-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ian king
Has been suggested to me that Tony Sealy was the one on the bench.

Can anybody confirm.

Hope to have about 8 or 9 players back at SP
on Sunday May 4th, awaiting final confirmations
but have heard Billy, Vince, Jimbo and Paul
Hinshelwood all coming and probably Mike Elwiss
and Neil Smillie.
Was searching (for something else) and came across this thread:

That clever Mr Hart found evidence that it was Fenwick

Last edited by Ruskin Old Boy; 01-05-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:50 PM
To old for all this B***S

Colonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Was searching (for something else) and came across this thread: To view the link you have to Register or Login

That clever Mr Hart found evidence that it was Fenwick
I was so Drunk The Incredible Hulk could have been the sub and I wouldnt have known

Woke up in the gutter outside The Cherry trees at about 6 in the morning

The greatest ever Palace night, inc both cup Finals, villa Park etc etc
2006/7

"Baldy dont puke on the Penguin"...(Langen Appleweinfest 2008)
Old 01-05-2008, 04:37 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
There's a photo that I've seen posted here before of a packed Holmesdale, that was probably taken about an hour before kick-off as it's in broad daylight, and you can see somebody who looks distinctly like Tony Sealy warming up on the pitch in training kit. That's not to say that Fenwick wasn't the substitute that evening but does anybody else remember seeing it or can they point us to where it is ?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:20 AM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by ElwissAtMemphis
There's a photo that I've seen posted here before of a packed Holmesdale, that was probably taken about an hour before kick-off as it's in broad daylight, and you can see somebody who looks distinctly like Tony Sealy warming up on the pitch in training kit. That's not to say that Fenwick wasn't the substitute that evening but does anybody else remember seeing it or can they point us to where it is ?

It is Tony Sealy in the track suit. Picture was taken about 15 minutes before kick off - Jim Cannon is just leaving the field after warming up. Remember sunset on May 11 is 8.40pm and kick off for the game was 7.30, so was light for best part of the first half.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:45 AM

Thought you might be interested in this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daily mail006.jpg (334.4 KB, 71 views)
Old 02-05-2008, 01:47 AM

And this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daily express005.jpg (353.2 KB, 60 views)
Old 02-05-2008, 01:52 AM

Or this:

Reports from the Mirror, Mail and Express. Hopefully they will allow us this small copyright infringement - after all it it was nearly 30 years ago
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daily mirror007.jpg (374.9 KB, 69 views)
Old 02-05-2008, 02:01 AM

Just to correct the caption to the photo in the Mirror report, I don't think that is Walsh scoring, particularly as it is a picture of Dave Swindlehurst
Old 02-05-2008, 02:14 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by cad
Or this:

Reports from the Mirror, Mail and Express. Hopefully they will allow us this small copyright infringement - after all it it was nearly 30 years ago
So Millwall needed a miracle that year also!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:15 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by cad
Just to correct the caption to the photo in the Mirror report, I don't think that is Walsh scoring, particularly as it is a picture of Dave Swindlehurst
I thought they were both scored on the ground?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
I thought they were both scored on the ground?
You weren't drinking with the Colonel that night were you?

No, Walsh header.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:31 AM
To old for all this B***S

Colonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by cad
Or this:

Thank fk for that..I thought it was going to be a pic of me in the gutter outside the Cherry Trees
2006/7

"Baldy dont puke on the Penguin"...(Langen Appleweinfest 2008)
Old 02-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Major-Domo

Helmut Struntz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenHelmut Struntz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenHelmut Struntz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenHelmut Struntz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenHelmut Struntz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenHelmut Struntz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenHelmut Struntz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenHelmut Struntz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenHelmut Struntz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenHelmut Struntz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenHelmut Struntz has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Britain
I was so Drunk The Incredible Hulk could have been the sub and I wouldnt have known

Woke up in the gutter outside The Cherry trees at about 6 in the morning

The greatest ever Palace night, inc both cup Finals, villa Park etc etc
Hulkie falied a late fitness test and was replaced on the bench by one of the Banana Splits!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Been, Seen, Done.

palaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apart from the one Cad has linked to, on the other thread and the one in Hy Money's book, do any other pictures of the Holmedsale exist from that famous night?
Old 02-05-2008, 02:15 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here