Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 20-01-2019, 07:49 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
"Brown boy on the wing" Came into my head after hearing "Starman on the right"
My favourite line from Tizwaz was when they had a huge bucket with entries for a competition. The little black girl doing the draw was too small, so had to be picked up and dangled in the bin to pluck out the winner. At this moment either Lennie Henry or the blond bloke from the scaffold started singing “Brown girl in da bin La la lah la lah”

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 20-01-2019, 08:15 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
I can't imagine a more pathetic concept to get upset about than cultural appropriation. It really shows a deep need to be offended.
My daughter picked me up because I was going to get a tattoo with egyptian hieroglyphs on. I mean, they're all dead ffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 22-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I actually heard someone say "Come on, play the white man" for the first time in decades the other day.
Our sports teachers used to say that funny thing was we had one black kid in the year who everyone loved and was one of these annoying guys that was amazing at every sport (except swimming) and went on to do a YTS at palace and the ended up play8ng for Crawley.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 22-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
My favourite line from Tizwaz was when they had a huge bucket with entries for a competition. The little black girl doing the draw was too small, so had to be picked up and dangled in the bin to pluck out the winner. At this moment either Lennie Henry or the blond bloke from the scaffold started singing “Brown girl in da bin La la lah la lah”
Tiswaz has never been bettered ,the midget that was in quite a few films of the time was called Green Nigel instead of blue Peter
The stuff is on you tube
Happy days
Old 22-01-2019, 07:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
My daughter picked me up because I was going to get a tattoo with egyptian hieroglyphs on. I mean, they're all dead ffs.
What were you getting a tattoo of a mummy
Old 23-01-2019, 02:32 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Sort of reverses of this I've been hearing lately... Gay people openly calling themselves queer.

Seems odd to me, after all the years of hearing this was derogatory to them. Is it their version of black people using the "N" word to each other?

Example from a Trip Advisor review I read today:

Quote:
As queer women, we were thrilled to see a few other LGBT couples on site.
Old 23-01-2019, 02:50 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:

You've got to go with the current flow.

I've used expressions that were common when I was a kid that have left my kids open-mouthed as they're now beyond the pail.

There's no point in arguing as they have all the correct answers and we're old and decrepit and will die soon.

Bastards.
Old 23-01-2019, 02:59 AM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Sort of reverses of this I've been hearing lately... Gay people openly calling themselves queer.

Seems odd to me, after all the years of hearing this was derogatory to them. Is it their version of black people using the "N" word to each other?

I think it is something like that - remove the offense out of the word by taking it back.

These days, using the word queer for anyone who is not a cis gendered heterosexual is perfectly OK.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:33 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
I like this new one, whereby to be an actor who plays any character, you have to share the exact same demographics as the character they're playing.

So, to play a quadriplegic you can't be able-bodied:-
To view the link you have to Register or Login

To play Hellboy, a character with Japanese-American heritage, you certainly can't be white
but you can be Korean, because the Japanese and the Koreans are the same, right?

If you're straight, you can't play a gay or trans person

Taken to its logical conclusion, the vast majority of roles would be unavailable for actors from minorities. Isn't the whole point of acting to, you know, act?
I wonder then how you deal with castrato roles in classical opera? Ouch.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:34 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns7 View Post
What were you getting a tattoo of a mummy
Eye of Horus

Old 10-02-2019, 09:37 PM
techno sapiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
You've got to go with the current flow.

I've used expressions that were common when I was a kid that have left my kids open-mouthed as they're now beyond the pail.

There's no point in arguing as they have all the correct answers and we're old and decrepit and will die soon.

Bastards.
Agree, it changes through the generations, i want to walk away from old people when they start talking about immigration and people who aren't the same skin colour as them. These days i am very wary of making comments even about transgender stuff around my older kids and nieces. They seem to pick up that you have an oldskool viewpoint when i am just generally thinking aloud it's all a bit much these days.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:44 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
John: “Homer, what have you got against gays?”

Homer: “You know—it’s not…usual. If there was a law it’d be against it!”

Marge: “Homer, please, you’re embarrassing yourself.”

Homer: “No I’m not, Marge, they’re embarrassing me. They’re embarrassing America! They turned the Navy into a floating joke! They ruined all our best names, like Bruce, and Lance, and Julien—those were the toughest names we had! And now they’re just…”

John: “Queer?”

Homer: “And that’s another thing. I resent you people using that word. That’s our word for making fun of you! We need it!”

-------------------------------------

Homer: “Hey! We owe this guy! And I don’t want you calling him a sissy. This guy’s a fruit! And a fru—wait, queer, queer! That’s what you like to be called, right?”

John: “Well, that or John.”
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 10-02-2019, 09:49 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Eye of Horus
Can't you claim you're getting it done in honour of Victoria Coren and her impressive upper hamper?
Old 16-02-2019, 12:40 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

I think that's nonsense. Ginsberg was putting his 'queer shoulder to the wheel' in the fifties, and Crisp. This isn't new. They might think it is, but it's not. And the Trip Advisor couple sound like a pair of self-obsessed c*nts. I bet they read the Guardian and love Gwyneth. Imagine anyone else saying 'the campsite was full of straights, which was thrilling'. The earnestness and correctness has squeezed the life out of the LGBT world in some ways.
Old 16-02-2019, 08:15 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Enid blyton books
Old 16-02-2019, 11:08 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Old 18-02-2019, 10:20 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
I like this new one, whereby to be an actor who plays any character, you have to share the exact same demographics as the character they're playing.

So, to play a quadriplegic you can't be able-bodied:-

To play Hellboy, a character with Japanese-American heritage, you certainly can't be white
but you can be Korean, because the Japanese and the Koreans are the same, right?

If you're straight, you can't play a gay or trans person

Taken to its logical conclusion, the vast majority of roles would be unavailable for actors from minorities. Isn't the whole point of acting to, you know, act?

Yep gay actors couldnt play straight roles.Rightly or wrongly that would include most Rom coms

Last edited by cranesparkeagle; 18-02-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Old 18-02-2019, 10:23 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
I can't imagine a more pathetic concept to get upset about than cultural appropriation. It really shows a deep need to be offended.
Certainly a deep investment in Identity Politics.
Old 20-02-2019, 09:03 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Flashers. There aren't enough dirty old men in macs anymore.
Old 20-02-2019, 09:07 PM

kumbuka : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekumbuka : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekumbuka : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekumbuka : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekumbuka : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekumbuka : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekumbuka : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekumbuka : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekumbuka : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekumbuka : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekumbuka : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine