Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 29-01-2019, 10:13 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
VBA in excel - help please

God knows why but excel for Mac 2016 does not have a "use relative references" button.

What I am trying to do is record a macro that deletes the single space in front of some text in a list of data, because I need to pick up data from this worksheet and the stupid space in front as it is ******* up vlookup references.

So for example, I have " Name" in an excel cell and I want to write a Macro that deletes the space and results in "Name" in a cell, and then run that macro on the whole column of data. But because Excel for Mac killed the relative references button, I cannot do this. Which is massively annoying.

I have no idea how to actually code in VBA so I am at a loss.

Any ideas?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Belay that.

Discovered trim function. Then actually screamed when that didn’t work. Then realised that if I pasted the data across in text format then the trim function would work.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-01-2019, 10:55 AM

leps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Have you sorted this then?
Old 29-01-2019, 11:41 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
=trim(text(A1, "General"))

or

=right(A1,len(A1)-1)

Last edited by WorthingEagle; 29-01-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 29-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Yep. All sorted now. thanks for the help though. Clearly I need to learn how to code in vba.