Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 16-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
PS5/XBox Two (Last Console Generation?)

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
In an interview with Wired, system architect Mark Cerny confirmed that the new console will be powered by a third-generation AMD Ryzen CPU with eight cores built on the company's 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture. It will be paired with a custom GPU, built on AMD's Radeon Navi family, that supports ray-tracing, an advanced lighting technique currently limited to high-end gaming PCs, and some form of immersive 3D audio. The PS4 successor will also support 8K graphics and, he said, ship with an SSD to accelerate rendering and reduce load times. According to Wired, Cerny illustrated this point by booting up Insomniac's Spider-Man game and showing how fast-travel times could be reduced from 15 to 0.8 seconds.

The new system will have similar architecture to the PS4. It will, therefore, be backwards-compatible with PS4 games and support the current PlayStation VR headset. Cerny stopped short of confirming a new headset or any of the services that would be available on the console. He did state, though, that it will accept physical media just like the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro.
Not seen any details leaked out on the XBox Two (or whatever they call it) yet. I'm sure both will come out before the end of next year.

If history is any guide the next console generation would last until around 2027. With streaming options like Google Stadia rolling out, the need for a box that costs hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros seems like it will soon be obsolete. I'm sure Sony and Microsoft will cook up streaming competitors but not sure they will be able to convince people to plonk down console-type money in the future.
Old 16-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Who would have expected this 10 years ago:

Quote:
Sony and Microsoft are teaming up to develop new technologies for cloud-based gaming services, a move that looks to shore up both console makers as Google’s planned game streaming service, Google Stadia, prepares to enter their market.

Obviously, the two companies’ PlayStation and Xbox platforms have current hardware and software that compete directly in this space. But their collaboration “will contribute greatly to the advancement of interactive content,” Sony’s chief executive said in a statement released by Microsoft.

The two console gaming rivals signed a memorandum of understanding under which both companies will “explore joint development of future cloud solutions in Microsoft Azure to support their respective game and content-streaming services,” the statement said. That will include using Azure data center solutions for Sony’s existing game streaming services. “These efforts will also include building better development platforms for the content creator community,” the statement said.
Maybe this thread should be combined with the Google Stadia thread.
Old 17-05-2019, 02:09 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Really looking forward to PS5 and its backward compatibility.
This will be the last physical console generation we'll see though imo.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:04 AM
Panty Organizer

The Playstation CEO offered more details on the PS5.
  • Cross Generational Play - You can play games on PS4 then keep playing them on PS5 and switch back and forth
  • SSD will be the standard storage device
  • 4k video output at 120Hz
  • Will have an optical drive
  • Will not release before April 2020

Microsoft may or may not talk about their new console at E3 but Sony won't be there.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:16 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Wasn't the current generation of console meant to be the last too?

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 06-06-2019, 01:55 PM

karl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't see Cloud Gaming being able to offer the same experience. Not until everyone has high speed fibre internet.

Physical Hardware will still be king.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl.eldridge View Post
I can't see Cloud Gaming being able to offer the same experience. Not until everyone has high speed fibre internet.

Physical Hardware will still be king.
Wired internet will be on the way out over the next 20 years. 5G will let people have higher speeds wirelessly than they currently have with their wired internet. (At least in the US anyway, where internet speeds are woeful compared to other countries.)
Old 07-06-2019, 10:51 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post

The Playstation CEO offered more details on the PS5.
  • Cross Generational Play - You can play games on PS4 then keep playing them on PS5 and switch back and forth
  • SSD will be the standard storage device
  • 4k video output at 120Hz
  • Will have an optical drive
  • Will not release before April 2020

Microsoft may or may not talk about their new console at E3 but Sony won't be there.
Good, plenty of time to save up!

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 07-06-2019, 11:51 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Think I'll stick with my Switch.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:56 PM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

£120 for 3 months pro access, controller and 4k chromecast. You need a 4k TV for the chromecast to work.

Last edited by mrsilly; 07-06-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:12 AM
Panty Organizer

Looks like the new Xbox will have the same specs as the new PS5.

Quote:
A promotional video featuring various Xbox employees promised variable refresh rates, real-time ray tracing, 8K resolution and frame rates up to 120 frames per second, and a new SSD that has upwards of 40 times better performance over the current generation. The tech at the heart of the console — which Microsoft said is four times as powerful as the Xbox One X — will be a custom chip based on AMD’s Zen 2 and Navi technology.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:27 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
My Fat PS2 is still going strong!

SaulAlinsky
Old 12-06-2019, 12:38 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
My Fat PS2 is still going strong!
Glad someone's is. Most people including myself had to get new ones as they stopped working.
Old 13-06-2019, 03:53 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Currently having loads of catch up fun on PS3. Long term lend of console and lots of free games.
Old 24-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Panty Organizer

Somebody found a patent application that Sony submitted for the PS5 and then rendered it. Can't believe this is what it will look like.

Old 24-08-2019, 09:42 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Somebody found a patent application that Sony submitted for the PS5 and then rendered it. Can't believe this is what it will look like.

Someone said the other night that the PS5 is going to be £900 on release. Obviously no idea if that is true mind you.
Old 24-08-2019, 09:51 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Not mad on that. The looks could be wildly different anyway. The shape might make sense though. Cooling will be a huge issue and that looks devoted to maximum airflow
Old 24-08-2019, 06:03 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Someone said the other night that the PS5 is going to be £900 on release. Obviously no idea if that is true mind you.
That's horrible.
I hope it's a joke.