Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 17-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
I had the same problem with my nexus and now my son has the same issue with his pixel

i wend oldskool and bought a new nokia and love it
I ended up buying a Mate 20 Pro. Between the P30 announcement and a strong dollar versus the yen, I was able to get a brand new one for less than $700.
Old 20-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
My Honor 9 updated to Android Pie overnight. Which is nice.

However, since it updated I can no longer drag the notification bar down in the lock screen, to turn on/off WiFi etc. There must be a way of enabling this again, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Can anyone help?!

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:36 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
One Plus 7 Pro looks impressive, but not sure how I feel about the pop up front facing camera. Think I prefer the punch hole camera on the Honor phones

Old 14-06-2019, 07:40 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
What will happen now hawiei (sp) and Honor phones no longer have access to the Google market?
Old 15-06-2019, 05:57 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
What will happen now hawiei (sp) and Honor phones no longer have access to the Google market?
New phones will no longer have access to Play Store so they'll need to get their own app store in gear and try and get developers to publish to it. Not 100% sure they'll be able to do security updates.

I think ultimately this will destroy Huwaei in the west.
Old 16-08-2019, 12:31 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Any update on Huwaei? I nearly got sucked in by the cute girl in the Three shop who was raving about the Mate 20 Pro but reading the above I guess it's because they got a load of stock to shift before more info comes out
Old 16-08-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Any update on Huwaei? I nearly got sucked in by the cute girl in the Three shop who was raving about the Mate 20 Pro but reading the above I guess it's because they got a load of stock to shift before more info comes out
Whatever happens I'm not sure I'll trust them again.

Ditched my Honor 9 for a Pixel 3a and **** me it's brilliant

Old 17-08-2019, 07:42 AM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It doesn't effect existing models. Also, it's expected to get its Google license back soon.

I'd still avoid them for the time being though, not worth the risk as there's lots of phones to choose from. one of the bonuses of android. choice.

Huawei phones not affected by the Google ban

Huawei P30: P30 Pro, P30, P30 Lite

Huawei P Smart*

Huawei Mate 20: Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20, Mate 20 Lite, Mate 20 X

Huawei P20: P20 Pro, P20, P20 Lite

Huawei Mate 10: Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10, Mate 10 Lite

Huawei P10: P10 Plus, P10, P10 Lite
Old 17-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
There are only two phone manufacturers who do not make huge payments to retailers to sell their phones.

Huawei is not one of the two.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-08-2019, 07:57 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
New phones will no longer have access to Play Store so they'll need to get their own app store in gear and try and get developers to publish to it. Not 100% sure they'll be able to do security updates.

I think ultimately this will destroy Huwaei in the west.
Lots of people have tried and failed to launch their own version of the App Store or Google Play.

Vodafone tried it, it didn’t go well. Samsung tried it, it also didn’t go well. Huawei tried it before their brand became somewhat toxic, it also didn’t go well (outside of China).
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-08-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
There are only two phone manufacturers who do not make huge payments to retailers to sell their phones.

Huawei is not one of the two.
I'm struggling to understand this post. Probably because I'm hungover.

Old 17-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
It’s actually more likely because why on earth would you know how phone manufacturers get retailers to stock their phones unless you had knowledge of the business.

Though I cannot imagine the hangover helps.
Old 17-08-2019, 08:02 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
I'm guessing he means (rather cryptically) Samsung and Apple. Which means the sales staff get commission to sell the rest.
Old 17-08-2019, 08:11 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Not the staff. The companies. Though the staff might but that’ll be an internal retailer thing.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:47 PM

Android 10 has been released by Google today. Just had it pushed through to my Pixel.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:11 PM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dropped my OnePlus 3t shattering the screen. Approaching 3 years old. I guess it may be time for a new phone. I'm a bit out of the market

Want to buy outright, doesn't need to be the latest model. Always been a bit of a Oneplus fan boy, but could easily be convinced elsewhere.

Help!!!
Old 08-09-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Dropped my OnePlus 3t shattering the screen. Approaching 3 years old. I guess it may be time for a new phone. I'm a bit out of the market

Want to buy outright, doesn't need to be the latest model. Always been a bit of a Oneplus fan boy, but could easily be convinced elsewhere.

Help!!!
Very pleased with my Pixel 3a. I shouldn't be- it's plastic and has bezels. But I think it's a wonderful phone.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post

Help!!!
I`ve got the 1 + 5 and run dual sim,one is vodafone,Mrs has ipone 10 max on vodafone and always has stronger signal than me which suggests my ariel is crap so avoid.Samsung is full of bloatware,Huwaei in trouble,I`d suggest some internet reserch.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:17 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would say just replace the screen but having done it myself I wouldn't recommend it. Aftermarket screens are all LCD, not OLED and I've had issues with the screen locking up requiring a reboot of the phone. Also had some components glued in which you can't easily remove so you end up having to buy extra bits.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
I would say just replace the screen but having done it myself I wouldn't recommend it. Aftermarket screens are all LCD, not OLED and I've had issues with the screen locking up requiring a reboot of the phone. Also had some components glued in which you can't easily remove so you end up having to buy extra bits.

3 year old phone too. Its probably about 6 months away from when I'm getting angry about the battery life anyway!