Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 19-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Exiled in the North

CPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not an impressive as the proper builds on Minecraft...

But my Selhurst is very special to me
Attached Images
File Type: png 2011-09-19_20.56.35.png (522.8 KB, 160 views)
File Type: png 2011-09-19_20.56.48.png (505.3 KB, 78 views)
File Type: png 2011-09-19_20.57.13.png (347.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: png 2011-09-19_20.57.41.png (396.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: png 2011-09-19_20.58.11.png (429.8 KB, 56 views)

Xbox - FlatDan3
Old 19-09-2011, 10:38 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Change your texture pack.
Old 20-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Exiled in the North

CPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To?

Xbox - FlatDan3
Old 11-12-2012, 01:18 AM

karl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just got into this and my god is it addictive.
Old 28-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My 5 year old is obsessed with this game. He doesn't play it but watches YouTube vids of other people playing it.

What is the deal with this game? Do you have to buy it or can it be downloaded?
Old 28-02-2013, 11:06 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Best game ever
Old 28-02-2013, 11:06 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky87
My 5 year old is obsessed with this game. He doesn't play it but watches YouTube vids of other people playing it.

What is the deal with this game? Do you have to buy it or can it be downloaded?
You have to buy it from minecraft.net, then you download it.
Old 28-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey
You have to buy it from minecraft.net, then you download it.
Cheers mate, I have just checked and I can buy it for 17.95. I assume this is all I would ever have to pay? There are no extra charges later on down the line?
Old 28-02-2013, 11:12 AM
100% CPFC.

Quote:
Cheers mate, I have just checked and I can buy it for 17.95. I assume this is all I would ever have to pay? There are no extra charges later on down the line?
Once you've bought it you won't have to pay again, there's free updates every so often, the next one will probably be out early March
Old 28-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is this the same game thats avaliable on the app store?

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 28-02-2013, 11:33 AM

karl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's very addictive to watch/play. I'll be starting my own YouTube channel in the next few weeks.
Old 16-03-2013, 09:11 AM

Eagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In anticipation of the game tomorrow, I have decided to build my own Selhurst Park. I've only built the pitch and Holmesdale after about 8 hours but should be pretty sweet when it's all done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Holmesdale Road minecraft.jpg (102.1 KB, 53 views)
Old 21-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Dougie 21/03/2007

One more question.

My boy Dougie is 6 today and I am going to download this for him. Do I need to purchase it on the computer that he will be using or can I buy it on any computer then download it later on when I am home.

Also how does it work? Will he be able to play this on any computer by logging on or just the computer it has been downloaded on?
Old 21-03-2013, 11:42 AM
100% CPFC.

Quote:
One more question.

My boy Dougie is 6 today and I am going to download this for him. Do I need to purchase it on the computer that he will be using or can I buy it on any computer then download it later on when I am home.

Also how does it work? Will he be able to play this on any computer by logging on or just the computer it has been downloaded on?
Once purchased, you just have to go on to minecraft.net and download the launcher, can be used on any computer. You just log in to the launcher and play basically, pretty simple.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:33 AM

Me and my brother play this modded version of Minecraft called Voids Wrath!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:39 PM

jrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am struggling to get mods to work; can someone explain how in simple English? I have tried watching various Youtube "explanations" but teenage Americans aren't particularly helpful.

I have downloaded a couple of mod .zip files but can't get the game to use them; Forge seems to load ok but the 3 Forge mods are the only ones i can see from the Minecraft 'mods' button. I tried using Magic Launcher but this just the same.

Help! make me a hero with my 8 year old son!
Old 16-09-2014, 03:05 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Since I got this game for my little boy I have found the whole culture that exists around it to be fascinating. For something that is effectively one great big on-line lego set it is incredible how popular it is and I have been impressed by the ethos that seemed to exist in that you bought the game for a fixed price and they did not seem to then try and milk anymore cash out of you with up-grades and so on.

It will be interesting to see how Microsoft handle the game from now on and I sense that if they get heavy handed over things such as copy right issues on the people who make the videos on You Tube (even though having been bombarded by their annoying commentaries due to my little boy watching them on a daily basis I could quite happily murder several of them) then the backlash could be interesting.

All in all though a fascinating tale along with proof that game play still matters far more than all the best graphics in the world.
Old 17-09-2014, 03:32 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
$2.5 billion or whatever obscene amount they paid for it will take a lot of time to recover using the current business method.
Microsoft must commercialize the **** out of it to get anywhere near recouping that investment surely?
Old 17-09-2014, 07:34 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
$2.5 billion or whatever obscene amount they paid for it will take a lot of time to recover using the current business method.
Microsoft must commercialize the **** out of it to get anywhere near recouping that investment surely?
I was thinking about that and it is a puzzle. Perhaps they might only include newer versions of Minecraft with up-dated Windows as a way of having pressure put on parents to go with that ?

It does seem a massive amount of money but the sheer scale of the impact this game has had on kids I think is sometimes under estimated because a lot of it has flown under the conventional publisher dominated radar when it comes to computer games.
Old 17-09-2014, 07:57 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Since I got this game for my little boy I have found the whole culture that exists around it to be fascinating. For something that is effectively one great big on-line lego set it is incredible how popular it is and I have been impressed by the ethos that seemed to exist in that you bought the game for a fixed price and they did not seem to then try and milk anymore cash out of you with up-grades and so on.

It will be interesting to see how Microsoft handle the game from now on and I sense that if they get heavy handed over things such as copy right issues on the people who make the videos on You Tube (even though having been bombarded by their annoying commentaries due to my little boy watching them on a daily basis I could quite happily murder several of them) then the backlash could be interesting.

All in all though a fascinating tale along with proof that game play still matters far more than all the best graphics in the world.
My son loves minecraft and a big part of that enjoyment is watching the youtube videos. Not only are they entertaining, but he picks up loads of tips from there. The amateur nature of those videos and the humour of the individuals concerned is definitely part of the appeal.

When he read the Microsoft news he was immediately concerned that such a takeover could spoil the ethos/appeal of minecraft....and a heavy handed approach to copyright issues could certainly do that v quickly. Hopefully they realise that, otherwise their own investment could go down the tubes too.