Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy C
James and Ridcully doing a very good job selling the 3 network to me, I'm currently with O2 and pretty fed up with them.

I'd like to get the 4s and like the look of The One Plan. Question - I have an iPad 1 Wi-fi only, would I be able to tether from the iPhone to the iPad? Googled it and answers are inconclusive.
We should get commission from Three!

The answer to your question is - yes you can, with the iPhone 4 if you set up a 'To view the link you have to Register or Login'. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Quote:
Three says that if you're on The One Plan with Three tethering is included, so there's no extra cost for Personal Hotspot. Three told us: "On The One Plan Three gives customers all-you-eat-data, which includes allowing them to use their phone as a modem for tethering, so customers on The One Plan are free to use the Personal Hotspot feature as they like without incurring any additional charges. Customers on other tariffs or on PAYG will have the data use from the Personal Hotspot feature deducted from their allowance as they would any other data use.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Heading over to 3 as well I think
Old 08-10-2011, 08:55 PM

Location: Penge and now it's got slightly trendy I tell people I live in Penge.
Justy C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks James.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:03 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
We should get commission from Three!

The answer to your question is - yes you can, with the iPhone 4 if you set up a 'To view the link you have to Register or Login'. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Personal Hotspot is available on 3GS too (Bluetooth only). On 4 it's wifi and bluetooth. Bluetooth is better on your battery so if your pc can do it go with that.

I have a wifi only ipad1 too Justy and do just what you are talking about with my 3GS through Bluetooth as I do with my MacBook Air too.

I have since bought an iPad2 on 3G and can say tethered or not tethered the experience performance wise is the same

My advice, go to the O2 website and get your iPhone unlocked (it's free). Get a payg one plan sim and just play with it for Couple of weeks. If your coverage is good you'll honestly be amazed at the difference.

With my ipad2 I don't even connect to wifi when I'm at home as the 3G performance is as good for surfing as the wifi. The only time I switch to wifi is for iplayer which insists on it, it really is that good.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:05 PM

Final thing you can now add unlimited data to any sim plan for 3/mnth if you don't already have it.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
It sounds like, given my usage, the 15 a month deal from 3 would suit. However I notice it doesn't have free voicemail, and all costs outside the minutes you're given are pretty high! Does voicemail just come off your minutes or what?

I've ordered the phone, but still need to pick a plan
Old 09-10-2011, 08:09 AM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
It sounds like, given my usage, the 15 a month deal from 3 would suit. However I notice it doesn't have free voicemail, and all costs outside the minutes you're given are pretty high! Does voicemail just come off your minutes or what?

It looks as if it is additional to the monthly cost - on the One Plan it is included.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:54 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Heading over to 3 as well I think
and me aswell !! o2 3G sucks !
Whats the 3G coverage like in crowds (and yes I include at SP )
Old 09-10-2011, 12:56 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4

I have just come off my 35pm with O2 2 year contract. I got 600mins, 1000 texts and unlimited data. I think was paying too much since I don't use all those mins or texts. Just the BBS and emails really that I use
Old 09-10-2011, 01:29 PM

One thing does worry me - Three is so far ahead of the pack that it can't be long before the Network becomes overloaded. Perhaps I had better stop recommending it.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez
and me aswell !! o2 3G sucks !
Whats the 3G coverage like in crowds (and yes I include at SP )
Very good, with O2 I couldn't get the scores at halftime, with Three, no problems at all.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
One thing does worry me - Three is so far ahead of the pack that it can't be long before the Network becomes overloaded. Perhaps I had better stop recommending it.
Three said this is a real problem for them, they are being stonewalled at the moment with O2 and Vodafone delaying the Government decision on opening up the bandwidth for 3G. Loads on this last week with Three saying they anticipate problems as early as the end of this year if the Government don't pull their finger out.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
Really, Feckless User I reckon
Well yes there is that as well. (HTF I posted the same thing 8 times is beyond me, thanks to the mod that cleaned them up.)
Old 09-10-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
Very good, with O2 I couldn't get the scores at halftime, with Three, no problems at all.
Same here - I had betfair on-line all the way through the West Ham game, without interruption. I could never get anything on O2's 3G when the Ground was even a quarter full. On Dave's suggestion (made a couple of years ago when things were slightly better), I found I had to disable 3G and use Edge to get anything at all in crowded venues.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:46 PM

I've split the threads as the Network discussion is really separate from the iPhone 4s discussion.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:10 PM

palacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
GIFFGAFF 10 PER MONTH PAY AS YOU GO

250 minutes unlimited text and internet

sign up via To view the link you have to Register or Login and get 5 free when you activate sim

There is a template on the website to convert to a micro sim for i phone
Old 09-10-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad1970
GIFFGAFF 10 PER MONTH PAY AS YOU GO

250 minutes unlimited text and internet

sign up via To view the link you have to Register or Login and get 5 free when you activate sim

There is a template on the website to convert to a micro sim for i phone
That does look good value! Is tethering allowed?

The only thing I can see against that deal is the very low call time and fact that they use the O2 Network - and I can't get O2 3g here.

By the way - I assume that if anyone signs up using that link, you will get some sort of credit?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
On Three and have been since about March with iPhone 4.

They are ******* awesome. I don't even have a proper Internet connection anymore as I just tether to the laptop. That's how good the speed is.

One thing I will say, out in the sticks the signal isn't great. But I'm talking like out on a golf course in Sussex. Otherwise it's very very good.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Shit or Bust

Shamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Im with GiffGaff and I tether. Not using an iphone though
Old 09-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy C
James and Ridcully doing a very good job selling the 3 network to me, I'm currently with O2 and pretty fed up with them.

I'd like to get the 4s and like the look of The One Plan. Question - I have an iPad 1 Wi-fi only, would I be able to tether from the iPhone to the iPad? Googled it and answers are inconclusive.
Yes. Done it myself.