Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:15 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Do you not use the clubs free wifi service that is being tested ? You can pick it up from where you sit
No - it's hopeless. There are so many people using it that it's impossible to get a decent connection.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:54 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
I got 4G today at SP, very very impressed. Cant wait until its out in more places. And totally unlimited and free to me too on my 15/mnth contract. Awesomeness.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Isn't your 15 a month contract about to become a 20 a month contract

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I mean it is still excellent value, but it is a tad irritating.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
How are people finding three's 4g network?

Today is my first day using it on my ipad mini

Jury us out
Patchy. Don't get 4G in Piccadilly but do in Kings Cross. When it is fast it is lightning but often no great speed increase from 3G. Mind you the three 3G is pretty rapid compared to Mrs A's Vodafone 3G and my O2 3G pretty much everywhere.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
I got 4G today at SP, very very impressed. Cant wait until its out in more places. And totally unlimited and free to me too on my 15/mnth contract. Awesomeness.
Yes - great again yesterday. here's my test result at Selhurst just before KO:

I downloaded a 2.3GB movie in under 15 minutes.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

I downloaded a 2.3GB movie in under 15 minutes.
Was the game really that bad?
Old 12-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
It's totally not interesting to me if you are able to download a movie, especially if you are static.

I am more interested in having a high speed connection locked, 24/7

Do not have that with three

We need LTE in this country
Old 12-03-2014, 10:53 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am on Three and the 4G coverage is pretty good. Get 20mbs in Hackney no problem. Much faster than any wifi available at the moment. They are pretty good, I would recommend them. Unlimited 4G plus 37 a month for 5S pretty much wins it for me. Tethering would be nice but I am not going to pay the extra at the moment.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA View Post
I am on Three and the 4G coverage is pretty good. Get 20mbs in Hackney no problem. Much faster than any wifi available at the moment. They are pretty good, I would recommend them. Unlimited 4G plus 37 a month for 5S pretty much wins it for me. Tethering would be nice but I am not going to pay the extra at the moment.
Tehthering is free if you are on the One Plan with three.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It's totally not interesting to me if you are able to download a movie, especially if you are static.

I am more interested in having a high speed connection locked, 24/7

Do not have that with three

We need LTE in this country
Isn't the Three network LTE?

Answered my own...HSPA+

LTE coming apparently. Im Stateside on Monday so will play with LTE when there at least data roaming in the US in now free
Old 12-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
My experience of LTE is OZ is wonderful, you are locked in and it never drops

4g here is just faster 3g
Old 17-03-2014, 12:53 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
Tehthering is free if you are on the One Plan with three.
Which, if you are not on the sim only deal, you get if you pay extra, so it isn't really free.
Old 27-03-2014, 11:15 AM
If Carling made bbs'ers..

thehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
So reading through all this. 3's 'The One Plan 12 Month SIM Only' is the best for tethering and online 4G connection for Iphone 5?

PS3 Online ID: GoldenSquirrel
Old 27-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Non T-Total

Lion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
think new contracts only include 2gb of tethering per month..
Old 10-04-2014, 10:31 PM

They switched the 4G network on in Brentwood for about an hour this morning, speeds were stupid.

47.15Mbps down, 20.08Mpbs Up

Crazy times
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0500.PNG (703.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Rollercoaster rider

RednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle View Post
Heading over to 3 as well I think
Best decision I ever made.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:09 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
In with EE at the moment but would recommend 3 to anyone.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:11 AM

Feather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
For those that travel this is good:

Hopefully they expand the countries.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:35 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I used my phone as normal when I was in the US last week. Everything worked perfectly, really handy.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather View Post
For those that travel this is good:

Hopefully they expand the countries.
The problem is keeping track of which countries are on the list. USA is damn useful though (though it insisted on using the T-Mobile network out there which is a bit rubbish). They really need to add the Netherlands though.

HOwever it should be noted that it is not the same as your UK tariff, there is a restriction on data if you are on unlimited data. EDIT: Just read the link, see that it is mentioned.