Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 11:11 AM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot
does the whole 'sign a chinese player and instantly get 3 trillion fans' thing actually work though? Its been tried loads of times but has there been any actual business benefits?

I seem to remember getting a lot more new fans when Fan and Sun signed but remember reading somewhere that nothing really changed, financially or with the CPFC brand abroad.
Has it? I can't think of that many examples.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chav_hater
Has it? I can't think of that many examples.
Sheff Utd did it a few years back with Hao Haidong, who was a really well known but old player in China. Don't think he actually ended up playing any games. Pretty sure Arsenal and Everton have tried it too but can't remember the details
Old 09-06-2013, 11:28 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sheff Utd did it a few years back with Hao Haidong, who was a really well known but old player in China. Don't think he actually ended up playing any games. Pretty sure Arsenal and Everton have tried it too but can't remember the details
Think we are the only other example, again in the championship. In the premier league, with the massive tv exposure, it would be huge for the club im pretty sure. The other big thing is he seems to be good enough, and in a position where we are short. (no pun intended)

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:36 AM

baby_eagle is utterly Butterfieldbaby_eagle is utterly Butterfieldbaby_eagle is utterly Butterfieldbaby_eagle is utterly Butterfieldbaby_eagle is utterly Butterfieldbaby_eagle is utterly Butterfieldbaby_eagle is utterly Butterfieldbaby_eagle is utterly Butterfieldbaby_eagle is utterly Butterfieldbaby_eagle is utterly Butterfieldbaby_eagle is utterly Butterfield
Wouldn't have thought we would of invested enough into the scouting program to have a good enough knowledge of the Chinese league to spend 3mil for a player
Old 09-06-2013, 12:02 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Good idea, have a word in his shell Fan
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by james powell
He looks good !
He looks wulei good!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:12 PM

PoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
does the whole 'sign a chinese player and instantly get 3 trillion fans' thing actually work though? Its been tried loads of times but has there been any actual business benefits?

I seem to remember getting a lot more new fans when Fan and Sun signed but remember reading somewhere that nothing really changed, financially or with the CPFC brand abroad.
It always sounds good in theory but I'm cautious to believe that it actually works. I think how much of a 'star' a player is in another country is typically overstated or overestimated. I know from watching tennis with a lot of foreign players the commentators say things like 'he/she's a massive star in their home country', 'all the people in their home country'll be glued to the tv they're so popular' and 'winning this match will make them a superstar back home'. I've heard that stuff so often but in reality when talking to people from these players' home countries they're usually not widely known at all by the general public and only well known by fans of the sport.

I do though remember with Fan and Sun Jihai seeing the odd group of chinese fans at games quite regularly so I think some support can be attracted and if a young player is successful their popularity amongst chinese supporters here and in China could snowball.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:40 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_eagle
Wouldn't have thought we would of invested enough into the scouting program to have a good enough knowledge of the Chinese league to spend 3mil for a player
I doubt we have as well but feel we have to make this most of these premier league months. Surely the whole point of a trial is to take a good look at players such as these? Who was it at the club who was instrumental in arranging to sign fan and sun all those years ago? I think someone who may or may not be fan himself posted on the bbs once as well. Wu lei‘s manager appears to be Xu genbao, who appeared to be fans manager at one point as well.

Anyway, not going to get my hopes up as im sure we will end up with a load of journeymen on free transfers and be back in the championship before you can say ‘parachute payment‘. Anything other than that will be a bonus

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
He looks wulei good!
I nearly did that, but bottled it !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
BookFace
Gamertag: II BARNEY G II
Old 09-06-2013, 12:54 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
He looks wulei good!
Bet he's a good jumper!
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 09-06-2013, 12:55 PM

dan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolKing
It always sounds good in theory but I'm cautious to believe that it actually works. I think how much of a 'star' a player is in another country is typically overstated or overestimated. I know from watching tennis with a lot of foreign players the commentators say things like 'he/she's a massive star in their home country', 'all the people in their home country'll be glued to the tv they're so popular' and 'winning this match will make them a superstar back home'. I've heard that stuff so often but in reality when talking to people from these players' home countries they're usually not widely known at all by the general public and only well known by fans of the sport.

I do though remember with Fan and Sun Jihai seeing the odd group of chinese fans at games quite regularly so I think some support can be attracted and if a young player is successful their popularity amongst chinese supporters here and in China could snowball.
Having Aki in our squad certainly helped us become more well known in Finland. It does help having a player like that in the team for your profile.

However it helps more if they actually add some quality to the squad!

It could have been better.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Shaolin style in the premiership... No brainer
Old 09-06-2013, 01:24 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan27
Having Aki in our squad certainly helped us become more well known in Finland. It does help having a player like that in the team for your profile.

However it helps more if they actually add some quality to the squad!
more well known certainly, but any actual commercial benefits?

I just think we are a little cynical about the Asian market, in thinking that they will start spending money just because they know of a club in which one of their countrymen is playing. Would we pay to buy merch etc of a smallish Chinese club just because there is an Englishman playing for them? As above yes, it will raise our profile, but thats about as far as it would go I think.

Also find it hard to see how we would dislodge the real marketing giants in Asia, the Man Utds and Liverpools and Barcelonas. We'd never be able to compete with that on any sort of meaningful level.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher
Bet he's a good jumper!
Now he has his own song we have to sign him.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:34 PM

alza_1999 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealza_1999 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealza_1999 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealza_1999 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealza_1999 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealza_1999 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealza_1999 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealza_1999 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealza_1999 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealza_1999 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealza_1999 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I wonder how China would do in the Prem. Get their eight best players and you'd snaffle a shirt sponsorship to pay for them all (and pay compensation to the world's finest port agent). There are literally millions of billionaires in China.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Banned by Moderators

FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC
The club would have to be careful about what number they allocate to him. Don't want him associated with Chow Mein, sweet & Sour or Fried Rice.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle
Think we are the only other example, again in the championship. In the premier league, with the massive tv exposure, it would be huge for the club im pretty sure. The other big thing is he seems to be good enough, and in a position where we are short. (no pun intended)
Sun Jihai played for Citeh in the Premier League. Does everyone in China now support them?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 09-06-2013, 05:09 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
Sun Jihai played for Citeh in the Premier League. Does everyone in China now support them?
With respect to Sun Jihai, he wasn't the wayne rooney of china. Sun was a good player, but this lad is seemingly at a different level. If we want to show ambition, these are the kind of gambles that could make us fortunes in merchandising, overseas tours etc. On top of that and the most important thing, the lad can score freely and is 21.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:23 AM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
He's got to be worth getting over for a trial. We could try him as a number 3, a number 7 or a number 9. We'd be prawn crackers not too.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 10-06-2013, 12:57 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
What a shame that bloke on the bbs only was pretending to be Fan Zihiyi!

Would have been good if he could have put a word in for us, if it had been the real Fan!
Closed Thread