Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 25-05-2018, 09:32 AM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Fact is he could probably get regular games at a side like Liverpool. As much as we'd love him, I'd be very surprised if he signs on permanently, especially after a summer in the World Cup where no doubt he'll be tapped up and sounded out by all the top clubs.
Old 25-05-2018, 10:18 AM

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Everyone talking about him getting to a big club because he's in the world cup squad.

He'd need to get in ahead of Alli, Lingard, Dier and Henderson (urgh). I think he is good enough but there's no guarantee he'll play.

I'm not so sure a few sub apprearances is gonna massively drive up the price.
Old 25-05-2018, 11:52 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
The club didn't fail to kick on when we finished 3rd. The trouble was Arsenal wanted Wright and he wanted Arsenal. He was irreplaceable much like Wilf is now.
We didn't tell them to **** off did we and then we dismantled that team. Mostly because Ron couldn't sustain it financially.

The squad, ground, training ground and academy need investing in to get us to around the Everton level. We pissed it up last time understandably but we are in a position now where if we **** up the opportunity to become one of the seven clubs that never look in danger of going down we'll have wasted six plus years in the prem with finances that make us one of the richest clubs in the world. We spend the 9th/8th wages and transfer fees in the league so on the team side they are making progress. It's the other stuff that will secure the club for the next 40 to 50 years though.
Old 25-05-2018, 12:07 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
but we are in a position now where if we **** up the opportunity to become one of the seven clubs that never look in danger of going down .
lolol also known as Charltonspeak.

Where do you put the likes of Leicester, Newcastle, West Ham....let alone Southampton, West Brom etc. in this super seven list?

Last edited by PeterH; 25-05-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 25-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
There is bound to be lots of interested clubs, but Newcastle? i think they can count themselves lucky if they nab Kennedy, i would say RLC is a definite no no.
Ii dont see him interested unless it is a Top Six club and should he have a good World Cup will make those clubs sit up and take notice, unfortunately i think we are out of the picture.
But much more likey is RLC will hope a change in management at Chelsea will give him his opportunity there.
I wouldn't underestimate Rafa and especially if the club is being sold with promises of big budgets to get them back into 'the big time'. He will be able to pull a lot of top talent up there if he has the cash. I would agree that with Ruben - if he is likely to go anywhere too far from London it would be to a better placed club.
Old 25-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Trouble that most PL clubs can pretty much buy whom they want. So he may have a good world cup but others will have better and they can all play in the PL - and the top clubs will buy the better ones.

He was good here last season so should fit well. However there are umpteen other clubs outside the top 6 who he could also fit well with. So it ends up coming down to money.

Perhaps the time to have done this was January but in all fairness he was injured and not as effective then
Old 25-05-2018, 02:02 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunamiman View Post
Everyone talking about him getting to a big club because he's in the world cup squad.

He'd need to get in ahead of Alli, Lingard, Dier and Henderson (urgh). I think he is good enough but there's no guarantee he'll play.

I'm not so sure a few sub apprearances is gonna massively drive up the price.
Good point. If he plays, it'll likely be coming on for Dier or Henderson if chasing a game. Cant see him getting the ACM role from Alli or Lingard.
Old 25-05-2018, 02:14 PM

Crystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RLC could pay for one of the top 6 sides. I really can't see us signing him tbh.

Super Kevin Phillips
Old 25-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
I think we’ll get another season long loan - which I’d be happy with
Old 25-05-2018, 02:41 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
lolol also known as Charltonspeak.

Where do you put the likes of Leicester, Newcastle, West Ham....let alone Southampton, West Brom etc. in this super seven list?
All of them could go down and you know it. Leicester, Newcastle, West Ham, Southampton, West Brom have all have flirted with relegation in the last four years. Some of them have gone down. The clubs that don't ever really look fooked have good academies and alternative revenue streams be that matchday, sponsorships and player sales. AND a decent squad.

How is it charlton speak. You need a 35K to 40K seater stadium to get decent matchday revenue that sets you apart there are far too many clubs that sit around 20K to 26K so you just go back and forth keeping pace with each other. Charltons academy is only now really getting the attention it needs after they've become reliant on it. They pissed away the opportunity to really improve that stadium and their facilities. Look at Burnley and Bournemouth first things they've done after getting up is sort out their training grounds and look at their stadiums. We've started it six years later. (better late than never).

Go on give me a reasoned answer why what I've just said is crap?

Stoke, Leicester, Brighton, Southampton all have stadiums at the 30K to 32K mark. We are increasing capacity to 36K and SP has said he thinks the ultimate sweet spot for the club to become like Everton is around 40K. He's not a stupid man. You can bet your bottom dollar that the Advertiser will get looked at, in the next two decades if we maintain our status. Newcastle are the only outlier here with their stadium and facilities. They should be doing much better than they are but location and Ashley have a lot to do with that.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 25-05-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 25-05-2018, 03:06 PM

Dj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
All of them could go down and you know it. Leicester, Newcastle, West Ham, Southampton, West Brom have all have flirted with relegation in the last four years. Some of them have gone down. The clubs that don't ever really look fooked have good academies and alternative revenue streams be that matchday, sponsorships and player sales. AND a decent squad.

How is it charlton speak. You need a 35K to 40K seater stadium to get decent matchday revenue that sets you apart there are far too many clubs that sit around 20K to 26K so you just go back and forth keeping pace with each other. Charltons academy is only now really getting the attention it needs after they've become reliant on it. They pissed away the opportunity to really improve that stadium and their facilities. Look at Burnley and Bournemouth first things they've done after getting up is sort out their training grounds and look at their stadiums. We've started it six years later. (better late than never).

Go on give me a reasoned answer why what I've just said is crap?

Stoke, Leicester, Brighton, Southampton all have stadiums at the 30K to 32K mark. We are increasing capacity to 36K and SP has said he thinks the ultimate sweet spot for the club to become like Everton is around 40K. He's not a stupid man. You can bet your bottom dollar that the Advertiser will get looked at, in the next two decades if we maintain our status. Newcastle are the only outlier here with their stadium and facilities. They should be doing much better than they are but location and Ashley have a lot to do with that.
A big ground doesn't mean top flight status.
Look at Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds an Sunderland

Member of the Jordan Mutch fan club.
Old 25-05-2018, 03:12 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj 784 View Post
A big ground doesn't mean top flight status.
Look at Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds an Sunderland
This is going well off topic. So I apologise. Would it be possible to move this to the new stand discussion.

Well going bust does tend to have that effect. Which I'm pretty sure Wednesday, Leeds and Blunderland have all done.

Look you need an owner/s with a brain as well. But the stadium does make a big difference because it's a differentiator from your TV revenue and creates opportunities to raise your STCC cap. If every other bottom half team around you has similar revenue and you (and they) don't have an amazing academy that turns out a premiership quality player every couple of years then every year you are going to fighting relegation, it's just a rolling battle to prevent it. Why do the 'large' London clubs dominate.

Good stadia, additional revenue streams, good academies churning out players spread across the football league. Right down the bottom end is their historical reputation. It's important for the fans and the legacy of the club but to actually be top 8 club I think the first three are critical along with a quality first team and backups otherwise you might sustain it for a couple of years but as soon as you need to rebuild that squad you're buggered. Look at Stoke, Bolton, Borough they've all been solid top 9 clubs and then have ****ed it. Charlton had seven years hovering between 7th and 13th then wasted it now look where they are.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 25-05-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:42 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Abramovic really is looking to get his money out of Chelski, selling a fringe player like R L-C would make some sense. I've always been an optimism though.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
This is going well off topic. So I apologise. Would it be possible to move this to the new stand discussion.

Well going bust does tend to have that effect. Which I'm pretty sure Wednesday, Leeds and Blunderland have all done.

Look you need an owner/s with a brain as well. But the stadium does make a big difference because it's a differentiator from your TV revenue and creates opportunities to raise your STCC cap. If every other bottom half team around you has similar revenue and you (and they) don't have an amazing academy that turns out a premiership quality player every couple of years then every year you are going to fighting relegation, it's just a rolling battle to prevent it. Why do the 'large' London clubs dominate.

Good stadia, additional revenue streams, good academies churning out players spread across the football league. Right down the bottom end is their historical reputation. It's important for the fans and the legacy of the club but to actually be top 8 club I think the first three are critical along with a quality first team and backups otherwise you might sustain it for a couple of years but as soon as you need to rebuild that squad you're buggered. Look at Stoke, Bolton, Borough they've all been solid top 9 clubs and then have ****ed it. Charlton had seven years hovering between 7th and 13th then wasted it now look where they are.
Agree with this to a point. The owner needs money as well as a brain. Chelsea were in the Charlton camp until Abramovich's billions catapulted them up the standings. Man City's move to a new stadium did the trick as it is initially what attracted Shinawatra and the the Qataris who have spent billions on infrastructure. Ultimately it's these billions that have produced the City we see today. Equally West Ham have been gifted a stadium but appear to be making a total horlicks of things. One assumes Gold and Sullivan are out of their league and are hoping for somebody with more money to take them out of their position - so they have neither money or a brain.

Back on topic. We can but hope that the current rumblings at Chelsea turn into a full-blown shit-show. This would certainly assist us getting RLC, who you just know is going to have a good World Cup.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:45 PM

offski : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoffski : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoffski : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoffski : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoffski : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoffski : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoffski : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoffski : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoffski : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoffski : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoffski : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Disagree. Surely Chelsea maintaining their usual business and bringing players in will lessen the chances of RLC playing? Which can only help our cause. If Chelsea regress and new players are not bought then the likelihood of the “big”players leaving would be greater thus leaving a greater opportunity for RLC to play regular football at Chelsea?
Old 09-06-2018, 05:04 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
No way will RLC be a starter for Chelsea next season.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:14 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
He was barely good enough to start for us

Not an insult I really like him and rate him... he’s very inexperienced and sometimes it shows.

As I said for ages last season Jimmy was a starter, ruben off the bench until he learns the defensive side of his games, covering other players, tracking the runner etc... he’s still not great at it either

What’s great about him is his rate of improvement to that side of his game won me over. He’s not the complete player but towards the end of the season I became convinced he would be. He’s got the natural attributes and I’m now confident he’s got the attitude to add the rest.

So I go back to barely being good enough to start for us, we couldn’t afford a part time player, part time passenger that wasn’t our player. If we signed him I think we’d have a top top player more ans more of the time. Will he getthat at Chelsea? No. I actually think he’d be a mutually fantastic signing for us and him.

Going to the World Cup has likely put him beyond us, perhaps not but young ans English adds a premium I’m not sure we’ll pay, not with a few other signings being needed.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:40 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Chelsea ruin players.

RLC should have had two seasons in the championship from 17-19. Got a 10 mill transfer to the low end of the prem, played first season in the 18 man squad then had two full seasons, before moving to a top 4 team.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:41 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
No way will RLC be a starter for Chelsea next season.
Also no way we can afford him. They’ll want stupid money if at all.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:57 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Also no way we can afford him. They’ll want stupid money if at all.
All depends on what kind of world cup he has, but sadly think he's out our price range now