Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 29-07-2019, 07:26 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sim carded tablet help please

Fella at work has a Samsung tablet(I think it's a tablet)that does everything my phone does,the layout is exactly the same.I am a complete computer idiot and can't find the tablet on line.Went to curry's and explained it but they just gave me blank looks

So anyone please help me/tell me which tablet(hopefully Samsung)that I can stick a sim card in and use data roaming.Wifi is no good,it must take a sim card for the data roaming.
Maybe it was a massive Samsung phone and not a tablet,i really have no idea and can't ask the fella as he is no longer on site.

Any pointers would be a help.

Old 29-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
I know the Sony tablets used to have this option but they are way expensive.

Here's a budget deal half price for a Fire with two sim slots.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-07-2019, 08:19 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Samsung's latest 3G/4G tablet range linked below. You may still be able to get one of the older Galaxy Tab 3G still for a lot less although unlikely to be new?

Nice deal on a Lenovo 10 inch 4G tablet with free speaker below . Use code: PAYDAY20 to get it to £119

Last edited by LN1; 29-07-2019 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Added Lenovo deal
Old 30-07-2019, 09:06 AM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks for the above advice,now sorted.Cheers
Old 30-07-2019, 09:25 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
I know the Sony tablets used to have this option but they are way expensive.

Here's a budget deal half price for a Fire with two sim slots.

Why would you need 2 sims?
Old 30-07-2019, 12:03 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Why would you need 2 sims?
Possibly more useful with a mobile than a tablet but it means use can have two working sims so one can be for work and one can be your personal sim so you can switch between the two. More relevant for the tablets is when abroad you can put a second data sim in bought locally so that you can surf at local rates if you don't have any roaming agreement in that country with your own sim.
Old 30-07-2019, 01:34 PM
a bit peckish

Which brings me nicely to my next question,Which pay as you go SIM is the best out there.Only need it for data/roaming and will be used in Europe as well as here.
Any suggestions
Old 30-07-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post
Which brings me nicely to my next question,Which pay as you go SIM is the best out there.Only need it for data/roaming and will be used in Europe as well as here.
Any suggestions
For a tablet you will be looking for a preloaded data sim rather than a standard PAYG sim that you can pick up in shops. Rather than pay per usage which works out expensive you have a set amount of data for a fixed price. You can top up after it runs out but it is cheaper to just buy another one as you don't have any of the hassle of new sim new number if you are just using it for data.

'Three' do a range of data only sims with 12Gb at around £30 and 24Gb at £40ish although Amazon occasionally knocks a tenner of those prices in flash deals. The beauty of those Three sims is that they last 1 year and 2 years respectively once activated where as others often have 30-90 day expiry periods.

Some reading: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 30-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Any suggestions
Three. Check their website. Roaming and unlimited data

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 30-07-2019, 02:33 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
He wants to use it abroad. He'd be fine with that in Europe, may have issues from November though.

I would make sure your devise is unlocked and buy a local sim when you get to where you are going, or buy a mifi box, and link with wifi to it.
Old 30-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Check the To view the link you have to Register or Login as well.

“Note: Pay As You Go customers can use up to 12GB of their data allowance in our Go Roam Around the World, and 19GB (15.1GB with Pay As You Go) in Go Roam in Europe destinations”
Old 30-07-2019, 04:28 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Check the To view the link you have to Register or Login as well.

“Note: Pay As You Go customers can use up to 12GB of their data allowance in our Go Roam Around the World, and 19GB (15.1GB with Pay As You Go) in Go Roam in Europe destinations”
Oh yeah I know. That's quite a large allowance though.

Old 30-07-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
12Gb covered me fine away for four weeks in January but you just have to watch the usage with data hungry apps like YouTube. If you do need to video chat or down load big files just find a McDonalds or Shopping centre that does free wifi and use theirs. I don't believe there any restrictions with Three that says you can't just buy two prepaid sims and use the second one to restart the clock once the first one is spent if you need to have more?
Old 30-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not if Palace are playing 3 times whilst you’re away.
Old 30-07-2019, 06:47 PM
a bit peckish

Thanks for all the help and advice,i have bought this from them

Seems to fit my needs,will be into town Thursday to get a pre loaded data sim.Will have a nose between them and see which company can sort me on the day(away on holiday Saturday)

Thanks BBS
Old 01-08-2019, 12:55 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Not if Palace are playing 3 times whilst you’re away.
Irish Bar with Ceefax is your best option.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 01-08-2019, 01:10 PM

Just posted this on the Three thread. Assume you can use in a tablet?:

Three currently have a 24 month SIM only contract, with unlimited data, minutes, texts, and allows tethering, plus their usual Go Roam service (which is excellent) for £20 a month, reduced to £10 a month for the first 6 months.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:17 PM
a bit peckish

Thanks Stinky,I'm going for a pre loaded sim from 3.Going into town tonight to pick one up.Don't fancy another contract so pre loaded will be the one.Cheers.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks Stinky,I'm going for a pre loaded sim from 3.Going into town tonight to pick one up.Don't fancy another contract so pre loaded will be the one.Cheers.
Pay As You Go?

Old 01-08-2019, 02:02 PM
a bit peckish

Sort of,lead to believe I put £40 on a card and get a load of data.Not txt or calls,although the tablet can do both.Will see what they say in the shop tonight.