Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 11:09 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o View Post
Im sure you have a fixation with the Sorloth deal...has there been a day go by when you haven't posted on it ?
I think you must have made your point by now...now thats bizarre in my mind.

Just saying...
Since we were discussing recent signings it seemed relevant again here. Not that bizarre as it does stand out as being out of step with the rest of our recent deals. But if you saw on the Sorloth thread I also said my theory for why it happened.

But yes, I may be guilty of over stating the point. Apologies if so.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 10-01-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:11 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
And yet you are banging the drum for a player that in the last half a season has struggled to even start for his club and has only scored one goal in that time.........make your mind up.
And tbf, if you look at goals their goals per minute, which happens to be the most impressive thing about Batshauyi, Abraham is better than Ayew.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:17 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
The biggest myth is how good Cabaye and RCL were for us.

Cabaye could barely last 70 mins, canít really remember him bursting through from midfield or slotting anyone in.

What utter drivel

Particularly the 70 minute cliche (proven as bollocks)
Old 11-01-2019, 06:20 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
What utter drivel

True, if there's one player we've really missed its Cabaye
Old 11-01-2019, 09:27 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Away at Leicester was in the first half of the season, so yeah, I discarded it as you were the one speaking about second half of the season.
It wasn't just the 2nd half of the season, although that was when we went on a longer run, we also played well for a spell in November/December when RLC and WZ were both fit and playing. Our form only tailed off after RLC and then WZ were injured. My point remains the same: with a fully fit squad last season we were a lot stronger in an attacking sense than we have been this season.

Again, xG and the number of goals scored will prove that. Can't believe people are even disputing it tbh.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:20 AM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
I didn't want Abraham anyway
Old 11-01-2019, 10:29 AM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we're having trouble deciding between him and Batshuayi, this should make it a little easier:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-01-2019, 10:30 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Yep was never going to come here anyway.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:51 AM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
if i was Abraham i would stay put unless someone had the faith to want me permanently.
he might be an ok fit for us and foil to play alongside tekkers. .
Old 11-01-2019, 10:53 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
What utter drivel

BS you could see how broken he was.
There is a reason he didnít go to any kind of competitive league in the world.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:55 AM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Or

Kouyate
4 years younger than Cabaye and on lower wages (I'd imagine) so better option going forwards

Meyer
Our player signed on a permanent, not just a loan like RLC was. Therefore it leaves us in a stronger position going forwards. RLC was never our player, Max is.

Guiata
Our new number one who improved both the first eleven and the squad (even if it took a few months to achieve the former). So definitely puts us in a stronger position.

Ayew
Better than any other back up to Benteke that we had last season. So put us in a stronger position and if he isn't quite good enough for our future, we don't need to keep him beyond the summer. Better than having the injury prone Sako who is in his 30s and would have wanted a longer deal.

The end of last season was very good but it was never going to last for long, due to Cabaye's age and the fact RLC wasn't our player. It was very enjoyable, look back at the videos and revel in the joy. But it was a slightly false indication of where we really were.

Moreover, you are probably only thinking about a run of three games when we looked really good. Two of those three games were against relegated teams and Leicester were abject on that day. Before that we drew with Watford, squeaked past Brighton after hanging on desparately in the second half (Murray missed a sitter).

In the ten games before we beat Brighton we only won a solitary game - against a poor Huddersfield!!!
All for glass half full and so on but I can't believe that people are writing stuff like this, our successful recruiting and how good we were against Burnley FFS - Our board and scouting system have been negligent in letting us be in a position, for whatever reason, where we can't spend enough after our longest run in the top division to improve or even stand still. I'm actually agreeing with Glaziers fan! Our bad run last season was with awful injuries remember.
I think Kouyate is ok but if the criteria for better is simply younger and cheaper why not get in an 18 year old div 2 player for peanuts? - Meyer, ok maybe for a free but is he worth the wages we are paying? He has had half a season now and in a very average misfiring team can't claim a regular spot and I'd suggest he is nearer the JW replacement that the YC? Just because he's German and not on loan doesn't make him the world beater he's seemingly seen as? - Burnley were an awful team in an awful run and we only managed to score 2 early and late even after so many home failures! - Ayew seen as a success after scoring one offside goal all season? Even if he technically an improvement on nobody it's a close call and certainly not good enough to be our only forward player! - Guiata is very good but we needed a goalie (like we did a left back, anyone else see a recuring theme developing?) badly for several seasons as WH was not up to PL standard until we signed someone to challenge him and we still had to sit through too many transfer windows to get a cheap option.
Even our board must have had an inkling we again very badly needed a forward or two so some pre-window planning was presumably done yet apart from Parish calling the shots and handling things, we have Dougie, that disaster who recruited rubbish for Cardiff Moody, Brighty etc and yet we after several windows without properly supplimenting our sub-standard forward line are almost half way through the window and apparently no further forward than we were, yet alone identifying and getting in the man/men needed quickly as things were so desperate.
Sorry to moan, I'm a passionate supporter for over 50 years as are my family, I love the club and always will, have an 8 hour round trip to home games but it's just not good enough if we are taking off our rose and blue tinted specs and being honest with ourselves!
Old 11-01-2019, 11:54 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dogers View Post
All for glass half full and so on but I can't believe that people are writing stuff like this, our successful recruiting and how good we were against Burnley FFS - Our board and scouting system have been negligent in letting us be in a position, for whatever reason, where we can't spend enough after our longest run in the top division to improve or even stand still. I'm actually agreeing with Glaziers fan! Our bad run last season was with awful injuries remember.
I think Kouyate is ok but if the criteria for better is simply younger and cheaper why not get in an 18 year old div 2 player for peanuts? - Meyer, ok maybe for a free but is he worth the wages we are paying? He has had half a season now and in a very average misfiring team can't claim a regular spot and I'd suggest he is nearer the JW replacement that the YC? Just because he's German and not on loan doesn't make him the world beater he's seemingly seen as? - Burnley were an awful team in an awful run and we only managed to score 2 early and late even after so many home failures! - Ayew seen as a success after scoring one offside goal all season? Even if he technically an improvement on nobody it's a close call and certainly not good enough to be our only forward player! - Guiata is very good but we needed a goalie (like we did a left back, anyone else see a recuring theme developing?) badly for several seasons as WH was not up to PL standard until we signed someone to challenge him and we still had to sit through too many transfer windows to get a cheap option.
Even our board must have had an inkling we again very badly needed a forward or two so some pre-window planning was presumably done yet apart from Parish calling the shots and handling things, we have Dougie, that disaster who recruited rubbish for Cardiff Moody, Brighty etc and yet we after several windows without properly supplimenting our sub-standard forward line are almost half way through the window and apparently no further forward than we were, yet alone identifying and getting in the man/men needed quickly as things were so desperate.
Sorry to moan, I'm a passionate supporter for over 50 years as are my family, I love the club and always will, have an 8 hour round trip to home games but it's just not good enough if we are taking off our rose and blue tinted specs and being honest with ourselves!
Well said, it takes too long to sort out our deficiencies and holes in the squad. Still, here's hoping we sign some pacy attackers in the summer!
Old 11-01-2019, 12:22 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Well said, it takes too long to sort out our deficiencies and holes in the squad. Still, here's hoping we sign some pacy attackers in the summer!

Oh I wish.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:58 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Guaita is a decent signing for the squad, but only managed to break into the team after Hennessey's injury. He's good but Wayne 2.0 is better imho. He hasn't improved the first XI.
Absolutely mental statement GF

As for Meyer completely different player so wrong to make like for like comparisons imo.

I also don't think RLC was quite as good as some would suggest. He was/is technically very tidy, and looked like he had the ability to create something where too many of our players lack that creative spark. Some may remember RLC went back to Chelsea when he was injured (Feb/March time) and some questioned whether he'd have a fight for a relegation battle and this was despite having been with us for 8 months. These comments were made by fans back in March 6-7 weeks before the season ended.

Really not convinced tbh, a luxury player.

Doesn't work hard enough for me

He is vastly overrated IMHO

Waste of a shirt at Palace, strolls around like a big time Charlie.

He was a good loan signing but I think some are blinkered by his performances at the end of the season where he hit a purple patch just in time for the world cup. I don't think he dictates games enough to be a top top player.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:56 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
lots of these Chelsea contracted players think they are better than they are or instead others do: I would include Abrahams from what I have seen so far
Old 11-01-2019, 03:59 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dogers View Post
I gave up reading half way through as you seem to be putting a lot of words in my mouth (or keyboard) and are arguing against things I didn't actually say.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 11-01-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:16 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
It wasn't just the 2nd half of the season, although that was when we went on a longer run, we also played well for a spell in November/December when RLC and WZ were both fit and playing. Our form only tailed off after RLC and then WZ were injured. My point remains the same: with a fully fit squad last season we were a lot stronger in an attacking sense than we have been this season.

Again, xG and the number of goals scored will prove that. Can't believe people are even disputing it tbh.
We were always better when we had RLC and Wilf both in the side, no doubt. But he was always only ever on loan. We didn't have the funds to buy him in the summer, even if he was available.
Old 13-01-2019, 10:35 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:

Guaita is a decent signing for the squad, but only managed to break into the team after Hennessey's injury. He's good but Wayne 2.0 is better imho. He hasn't improved the first XI.
this hasn't aged well tbf
Old 13-01-2019, 10:42 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
this hasn't aged well tbf

Clinton Morrison.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:33 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Getting a schooling on how to finish by DG this afternoon. Do some of you still want to blow our limited transfer budget on this guy?
Closed Thread